It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to bypass karma..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: intrepid
I have always been of the thought that karma was personal. Not what YOU think but what has been going on in their head. It can't be bypassed anymore than one's conscience could. Psychopaths are except.

When focused NO; hard tack just to corral that very odd genius intellect.

English please.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I have always been of the thought that karma was personal. Not what YOU think but what has been going on in their head. It can't be bypassed anymore than one's conscience could. Psychopaths are except.

English please.

Hard tack was a food source for those starving of (intellect) a metaphor for those that were indentured as (debtors) ship mates upon the English Crowns HMS navy. Billy Budd. This is a morality play misunderstood.
edit on 30-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

English please.

Hard tack was a food source for those starving of (intellect) a metaphor for those that were indentured as (debtors) ship mates upon the English Crowns HMS navy. Billy Budd.

And that has WHAT to do with what I said?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The interesting thing about karma is that the idea of free choice many people think is a delusion, so the very idea of karma is a delusion as well.

Understandable, since many Buddhist say karma is not really a result of ones actions but ones actions period.

So if we eliminate the delusion of free choice then we can see that results and actions are one

And a higher perception is that it may be that we are just being acted upon and not really acting ourselves

edit on 30-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Karma is just another name for action and consequence, well you know the famous saying. If you have no actions in death how could you receive any reactions?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

intrepid: English please.

vhb: Hard tack was a food source for those starving of (intellect) a metaphor for those that were indentured as (debtors) ship mates upon the English Crowns HMS navy. Billy Budd. This is a morality play misunderstood.

intrepid: And that has WHAT to do with what I said?

I have NO idea. What was the intent or meaning other than non specific: "ENGLISH PLEASE".

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
....Therefore the only way to bypass karma is to as Buddha says cease the delusion of cause and effect by stopping the life and death cycle

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

My point before this inane crap was that karma is a personal thing. Something within one's self. Do you have a cogent thought on that? Or more.... "SQUIRRELSSSSSS!!!!!"

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
Karma is just another name for action and consequence, well you know the famous saying. If you have no actions in death how could you receive any reactions?

This is not a 'western' idea form. Karma; Eastern thought is the accumulation of lives (ENERGY) lived (a hindu/buddhist mythology) that form within your individuality and one has to continually correct; life after life (enslaved).

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
....Therefore the only way to bypass karma is to as Buddha says cease the delusion of cause and effect by stopping the life and death cycle

I am not (as a westerner) certain how that can be accomplished by an Easterner or if they would contemplate this action or wish to. Interesting this (thinking for them).

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

It's the same exact thing, the only difference is the assumption of life after death.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

My point before this inane crap was that karma is a personal thing. Something within one's self. Do you have a cogent thought on that? Or more.... "SQUIRRELSSSSSS!!!!!"

Not mine to own; as Karma doesn't apply to me. I am aware of a sticky behavior pattern and reject it as implausible or affecting my being, so is not at all personal or allowed directly to harm me as I don't acknowledge or accept its existence.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Karma, like a credit rating, applies to everyone whether you want it to or not. That's......karma.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Karma, like a credit rating, applies to everyone whether you want it to or not. That's......karma.

I am not in agreement; no thing has my compliance. Who is doing the rating and if so why are you in belief of such a thing?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Wherein do you derive this information?

There's this interesting process that allows one to take in information and process it. It's called reading and thinking. An old concept but a good one.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Who is doing the rating and if so why are you in belief of such a thing?

Good edit. Really. Buddhism is difficult because it relies so much on metaphor and in the west we kinda deal in reality. It's YOU that does the rating. That's the point.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

intrepid: Karma, like a credit rating, applies to everyone whether you want it to or not. That's......karma.

vhb:Wherein do you derive this information?

intrepid:There's this interesting process that allows one to take in information and process it. It's called reading and thinking. An old concept but a good one.

Oh that; "comprehension" of that which words read results in an understanding of a plot or story told. You missed mine.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Who is doing the rating and if so why are you in belief of such a thing?

Good edit. Really. Buddhism is difficult because it relies so much on metaphor and in the west we kinda deal in reality. It's YOU that does the rating. That's the point.

Buddhism is nihilistic as is Hinduism. They wont admit it is all (total chaos under control).

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5

It's the same exact thing, the only difference is the assumption of life after death.

I am interested. How so? The Western is convinced of an eternal spiritual life existence ever after bodily death; and why not? Ones spirit is eternal.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

those past existences then describe the future incarnations (failure after failure) because God did not give them direction; a path to follow to gain enlightenment. Why do I know this as a westerner and they do not? Karma is an energy that is individualized to that SELF experiencing it

I understand where you're coming from; I contend that God left the room some time ago. Would a benevolent God [G] give them free will and allow such a prison planet to exist? I think the trap is to read the words of god [pretender g] throughout history and take it as if we owe any debt to begin with.

www.wakingtimes.com...

If you enter the tunnel of light, do not allow any council to convince you that you need to repay any karmic debt. Any perceived karmic debt was part of what you decided to experience. This doesn’t mean that you should have no guilt for intentionally harming someone because ultimately, we should love everyone and respect everything. If you do decide to come back to help this planet, do not agree to come back to this 3rd dimensional reality of systemic control through a “soul contract“. Come back on your own terms, which includes the remembrances of all previous lives and everything you have learned throughout your incarnations as well as on the other side of the veil

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join