It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Tyrion79

Dont violate turkish airspace is the lesson. This is not the first time russia violated it and was warned what would happen.

The fact putin is trying the "posed no threat" excuse tells me he knows the jet violated turkish airspace. If it isnt then Putin would not need to include the no threat comment.

Or what? You down a Jet? And then you get ripped apart. That's seems the logical thing to do. Keep Barking..

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79
a reply to: yorkshirelad

The Turkish government would have known the implications, when they shot the Russian plane.
Even if investigations turn out in favor of Turkey, what use was this incident other than confirming Turkey's dedication of defending their airspace.
The Russian plane didn't pose a threat to Turkish national security, did it?

If you'd have asked me this three or four hours ago, I'd have disagreed with you.

But after chewing on it a bit, I agree with you. A UN member has attacked another UN member, allowing two pilots to be murdered by a so called common enemy. Turkey 'claim' to be fighting ISIS, whereas with Russia there's no doubt they are.

Now I'm beginning to think Turkey have made a HUGE mistake, especially allowing those pilots to be killed.

This is terrifying.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BennyOj
Attacking persons parachuting from an aircraft in distress is a war crime under Protocol I in addition to the 1949 Geneva Conventions.

Savages the lot of them.
The whole area needs wiped out by Russia,Nato,U.S. and then get Assad out and fix the place.Doubt that happens though.
All of them scream Allah when they kill people and do not give a crap about anything.Seems to me,Turks are nuts,Syrian rebels are nuts,ISIS is nuts,who knows how many Iran lunatics migarted into the war.Cannot tell if Kurdish forces are mixed in with the lunatics.The place is a wreckless mess.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I wonder why do Turks need this propaganda if they are right.

Turkey is right? So you execute two pilots who landed (parachuted) alive? And they're a part of NATO? I thought that was a war crime?

I guess you are not responding to more recent info. The pilots parachutes actually landed (with pilots) in Syria, at least one is dead to best of my knowledge at this time and it's reported that the body was surrounded by Syrian rebels - who, let's not forget, have been bombed by Russia as they hope to support the Syrian government.

If the Russian fighters did enter Turkish airspace, and they ignored a warning, then Russia was in violation and would have known what to expect.

For those that seem to be saying Turkey is protecting IS, might be worth noting that there are tens of thousands of Syrian refugees currently in Turkey based in refugee camps because they believe they are safer there than in Syria, they are hardly not getting involved.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

here you can see the radar image

Radar image of russian aircraft path

According to this, the plane "goes" through Turkish airspace ... but is shot down over Syria, and crashes in Syria.

I hope Putin invokes Article 51, and not just against Turkey ... but against Nato as a whole. As the weapon used to destroy the helicopter, a rescue helicopter, is a NATO weapon.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Exactly I don't see Turkey going above and beyond to deal with the isuse that is ISIS,

All nations involved have there own agenda.
It's going to be intresting what the NATO meeting come put with

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

There is no such thing as a NATO weapon.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
We're not allowed to swear on here, but this is the biggest ever cluster fudge I've ever seen in my life.

So many intertwined, conflicting, loosely allied sides all shooting and bombing each other.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn
a reply to: C84K2

here you can see the radar image

Radar image of russian aircraft path

According to this, the plane "goes" through Turkish airspace ... but is shot down over Syria, and crashes in Syria.

I hope Putin invokes Article 51, and not just against Turkey ... but against Nato as a whole. As the weapon used to destroy the helicopter, a rescue helicopter, is a NATO weapon.

This city though, as according to the Turkish military themselves, that Russian allegedly went through, is not in the same area.

link   
What is more hilarious is Obama sends 50 troops,just 50.Do not send any if your only sending 50 lol.

link   

originally posted by: BennyOj
a reply to: mr-lizard

Exactly I don't see Turkey going above and beyond to deal with the isuse that is ISIS,

All nations involved have there own agenda.
It's going to be intresting what the NATO meeting come put with

You don't have to ask yourself this, as the weapon to shoot the helicopter is a NATO weapon. NATO is supplying ISIS as well as the rebels, through Turkey. So, NATO will threaten Russia ... but it's official, the plane is shot down over Syria, not in it's flight path over Turkey.

link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
We're not allowed to swear on here, but this is the biggest ever cluster fudge I've ever seen in my life.

So many intertwined, conflicting, loosely allied sides all shooting and bombing each other.

Turkey couldn't stand that their ISIS Partners are being destroyed by Russia, so they "thought" it would be the clever thing to down a Russian Jet and instead of doing the manly thing and contact Russia, they ran to Daddy NATO, to protect them against the giant they just poked.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

we have news allover the place and for those who wish to read the background, why all these happened.

Today turkey tried to move another convoy of guns to tzixadists, this is the reason (not to get caught again), they shut down the aircrafts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link

few days ago, I said it here, that Turks provoking russia, because russia didnt allowed them to send weapons to ISIS. I also said, that they may be reported for UN51 , meaning turkey is a criminal state/helps criminals. That gives every right for russia to bombard targets within turkey. Few days ago I gave a link in the above ATS topics, that turks moved a squad of 250 gray wolfs in that area!

the today news, was not a surprise.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

It is insane man,their is fractions of terrorist that come out that no one ever heard of in the fight every month.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

You really need to stop with the lies. There is no such thing as Nato weapons.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
PRESIDENT OBAMA AND FRENCH PRESIDENT HOLLANDE HOLD JOINT PRESS CONFERENCE FROM THE WHITE HOUSE AT 11:30 AM ET

link   
This is why Turkey has no business in NATO. They are far too irrational. This is a big deal.

Just when the powers were close to a coalition possibly the first ever between the US China Russia and Europe.

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Nikola014

It's simple to use. You can find the manual and launching instructions in the Internet, but it was designed to be as easy as possible to operate.

He does look several times to ensure people are clear of the backblast. That's a pretty good indication of someone who knows what they're doing as opposed to somebody that picked up the manual online.

link   

originally posted by: Tempter
PRESIDENT OBAMA AND FRENCH PRESIDENT HOLLANDE HOLD JOINT PRESS CONFERENCE FROM THE WHITE HOUSE AT 11:30 AM ET

First of all no Caps and second, so what? Presidents do that from time to time, you know..

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Then Russia should have listened the first several times it was warned about violating Turkish airspace.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join