It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family of 'clock kid' seeks $15M in damages

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: RedDragon

originally posted by: marg6043
Soo this money seeking scamming family is no even living in the US but still pursuing to scam the American tax payer for retribution, well they can stay in Qatar and I demand that none of my tax dollars goes to them.

This is nothing but opportunistic BS they plan the whole thing.

Qatar how nice, I guess they are waiting to get their millions so they can live with the wealthiest in the middle east at the expenses of American workers.

How about Obama paying them and then moving with them to Qatar too

How about sending the family in Qatar bags of turds for payment.

REPEAT

What does any of that have to do with how the school handled the situation?

... Everything?

Like what?

A 14 year old science geek is arrested in Texas because of adult panic? Oh wait, he's Muslim.

He apparently, showed this clock to 5 teachers without incident until he got to 6th period.

They couldn't call in the Science Teacher to examine this science project? They had to arrest him?

Y'all bitch when they get wrestled to the ground and claim the cops could have just arrested them. But when that happens, y'all bitch because they got arrested.

What? I'm pro cop.

But, did this warrant an arrest?

Have you seen the kid? Not likely he's gonna physically resist anyone.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

originally posted by: chronfucius
Seems this thread is relevant again...

www.youtube.com...

Can't wait until this case blows up in their faces.... (rimshot)

Doubt it.

The school over reacted.

how was the school suppose to know if it was a bomb or not, i don't think there are very many EOD certified teachers on campus in middle school or even high school.

and just suppose they took his word that it was a alarm clock and blew up twenty minutes later, the same people bitchin about overreacting would be bitchin about they didn't do enough to ensure the safety of the kids.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have been pulled out of class and his "device" investigated.

Something doesn't add up.

But, to drag all kinds of anti-Islam rhetoric into this - - has nothing to do with the actual incident.

That rhetoric was brought into this from the left. They blamed islamophobia on the teacher that wanted the device investigated.

And you don't think it had anything to do with this kid being Muslim?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's just a precautionary.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I haven't seen anything where the teachers stated that it did. Is there something you'd like to share?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It's just a precautionary.

I'm not arguing with precautionary.

But, arrested and taken to jail?

They couldn't just confiscate the clock and have it examined?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I haven't seen anything where the teachers stated that it did. Is there something you'd like to share?

Uh, like a teacher is going to openly admit it had anything to do with the kid being Muslim.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

the school didn't arrest him, the police did. the boy wouldn't elaborate any more than say it a clock. not why he made it and brought it it to school.
he said the reason that's all he would say is because that what it was. not why he wanted to show it off or any thing else.

Irving Police spokesman Officer James McLellan told the station, “We attempted to question the juvenile about what it was and he would simply only tell us that it was a clock.”

The teenager did that because, well, it was a clock, he said.

On Wednesday, police announced that the teen will not be charged.

Chief Larry Boyd said that Ahmed should have been “forthcoming” by going beyond the description that what he made was a clock. But Boyd said that authorities determined that the teenager did not intend to alarm anyone and the device, which the chief called “a homemade experiment,” was innocuous.
14-year-old arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

the kid's parents should have known better than to let him take it to school, muslim or not. it's a very touchy time now and many people are aren't going to be real comfortable with someone carry something that looks like a bomb into a high school, without knowing for sure what it was.

edit on 9-8-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It has EVERYTHING to do with how he baited (after several teachers had already told him to "put it away") a teacher with the alarm going off in her class. If you saw a clock (timer in a metal case, w/extraneous wires attached) could YOU identify c-4?

The last teacher (who "saw something and said something") did not know of the other teachers telling him to "put it away" (maybe they were skilled enough to not see any explosive) but she infact followed school (and no doubt Homeland Security protocol) and had the office alert authorities.

So, damned if you (you're an Islamophobe!!!) or damned if you don't (dead and maimed if he HAD an explosive).

There was no Science Fair, no extra credit offered, NO reason for the "fauxbomb" to be brought to a class room, except the intended reaction w/option of lawsuit and settlement.

I find it stunning that people refuse to "broadbrush" this one family (his sister had called in a previous bomb threat), yet will defame an entire school district, police department, town and state (them there Islamophobe rednecks, gotta be taught a le$$on).

I hope there is some statute in TX law that allows governing bodies to seek reimbursement for court costs and legal fees for frivolous law suits.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

the school didn't arrest him, the police did.

The police just casually walked into the school and discovered a kid who said he made a clock? And they decided he was a threat so they arrested him?

the boy wouldn't elaborate any more than say it a clock. not why he made it and brought it it to school.
he said the reason that's all he would say is because that what it was. not why he wanted to show it off or any thing else."

That's unusual behavior for a 14 year old kid put on the hot seat?

Irving Police spokesman Officer James McLellan told the station, “We attempted to question the juvenile about what it was and he would simply only tell us that it was a clock.”

That's it?

Chief Larry Boyd said that Ahmed should have been “forthcoming” by going beyond the description that what he made was a clock.

14 year old kid SHOULD HAVE behaved in a way police thought he should.

the kid's parents should have known better than to let him take it to school, muslim or not. it's a very touchy time now and many people are aren't going to be real comfortable with someone carry something that looks like a bomb into a high school, without knowing for sure what it was.

As a parent I doubt I would not have had a second thought about this looking like a bomb. I would have seen a homemade clock.

Hindsight, ya know.
edit on 9-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda

It has EVERYTHING to do with how he baited (after several teachers had already told him to "put it away") a teacher with the alarm going off in her class. If you saw a clock (timer in a metal case, w/extraneous wires attached) could YOU identify c-4?

I think you've been reading too many Right Wing rags.

According to Mark Cuban, who heard it from a friend, Ahmed showed his clock off in six different classes, but clammed up when his English teacher said it was “making people nervous.”

I think it’s likely that Ahmed perceived this to be his teacher calling attention to his Musliminess, rather than genuine concern over the clock, because she asked him to put it in his backpack, instead of immediately evacuating the school.

If he was, indeed, slow to respond, it might have been out of the shock and hurt that he’s expressed in multiple interviews.

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think they aught to settle for the 15 million, but not give it to them till all the children's parents could sue them for 15 million each for emotional distress for their children as they thought they were going to be blown up. Of course his parents wouldn't be able to pay this vast sum of money so the Qatari government should pick up their tab.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think they aught to settle for the 15 million, but not give it to them till all the children's parents could sue them for 15 million each for emotional distress for their children as they thought they were going to be blown up. Of course his parents wouldn't be able to pay this vast sum of money so the Qatari government should pick up their tab.

Crazy

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AnneeYea!!! Like 15 million crazy.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I believe the case was only officially filed yesterday.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: AnneeYea!!! Like 15 million crazy.

Yeah, well I dunno about the 15 mil.

But, other students have won cases of discrimination.

To me - - this one does seem to be discrimination. As (allegedly) - - the teacher stated "it was making people nervous" - - that he should hide it away in his backpack.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

originally posted by: marg6043
Soo this money seeking scamming family is no even living in the US but still pursuing to scam the American tax payer for retribution, well they can stay in Qatar and I demand that none of my tax dollars goes to them.

This is nothing but opportunistic BS they plan the whole thing.

Qatar how nice, I guess they are waiting to get their millions so they can live with the wealthiest in the middle east at the expenses of American workers.

How about Obama paying them and then moving with them to Qatar too

How about sending the family in Qatar bags of turds for payment.

REPEAT

What does any of that have to do with how the school handled the situation?

... Everything?

Like what?

A 14 year old science geek is arrested in Texas because of adult panic? Oh wait, he's Muslim.

He apparently, showed this clock to 5 teachers without incident until he got to 6th period.

They couldn't call in the Science Teacher to examine this science project? They had to arrest him?

Yeah, if you're Muslim, you should actually take extra care not to walk around with things that look like suitcase bombs. It's common decency.

Just like I, a white person, shouldn't walk into black parts of town wearing white robes and a ghost hat.

Does just wearing white robes with a ghost hat and being a white male mean that I'm in the KKK and looking for trouble? No, that's racial profiling!

Is their worry racist? Yes, and there's nothing wrong with that kind of racism. If you didn't personally use it and you live in a city with lots of people, you'd have ended up mugged/ raped/ murdered a long time ago. Anyone with street smarts employs it for their own survival. It's built into our brains by evolution for a reason; anyone who didn't do it didn't get to pass on their non-racist genes.
edit on 8/9/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

They are nothing but opportunistic crappy people that came to this country to run a scam on the hard working tax payer.

Do you think we own them money? Do you as a tax payer own them money?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chronfucius
Seems this thread is relevant again...

www.youtube.com...

Can't wait until this case blows up in their faces.... (rimshot)

Doubt it.

The school over reacted.

how was the school suppose to know if it was a bomb or not, i don't think there are very many EOD certified teachers on campus in middle school or even high school.

and just suppose they took his word that it was a alarm clock and blew up twenty minutes later, the same people bitchin about overreacting would be bitchin about they didn't do enough to ensure the safety of the kids.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have been pulled out of class and his "device" investigated.

Something doesn't add up.

But, to drag all kinds of anti-Islam rhetoric into this - - has nothing to do with the actual incident.

That rhetoric was brought into this from the left. They blamed islamophobia on the teacher that wanted the device investigated.

And you don't think it had anything to do with this kid being Muslim?

Well, the neighbors of the San Bernardino terrorist who didn't report him out of fear of being called racist sure do win your do-gooder non-racist of the century award

I'm not sure why you think that a complete lack of racism is a good thing. A little bit of racism is a useful tool for our brains to help navigate through the world. It's like you realized that science can be bad, so you abandon all logic and science and live in fantasy land. Replace science with racism and that's your thought process. Some racism is bad, so you abandon all racism -- and you end up thinking on super-low-IQ level because of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Uh, like a teacher is going to openly admit it had anything to do with the kid being Muslim.

He'd attended that school for a while. It had everything to do with a suspicious looking potential bomb. It's not like the guy ran around in head scarves and such with a beard. Like I said, the islamophobic rhetoric was, once again, assumed by the left and you're still parroting those talking points. Why?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
From the get-go, I thought that kid was attempting to scare other kids with his gizmo he called a clock.

I'm not an attorney, but maybe someone could file a counter suit against his family on behalf of others that were intentionally made to fear for their lives because of his little clock joke.

I hope his suit fails miserably, even though he should have had his parents present at the questioning. What a bunch of opportunistic scam artists.
edit on 9-8-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join