It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family of 'clock kid' seeks $15M in damages

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
All things considered the police did the right thing. I'd imagine this, like most such lawsuits will never see the light of day.

If anything they will give his parents a token to get rid of them and save the taxpayers some money. I'd hope they fight it and expose the parents attempt at fraud.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

However,
There is still the matter of juvenile law and civil rights that need to be explored. Not because of the bomb investigation itself, but because Ahmed was denied having his parents present until he was released, and it appears to be a clear violation of Texas family law.

Those are my thoughts exactly. No matter what triggered all of this hoopla, the actions by the authorities have to be investigated. I would be royally ticked off if my child were detained, questioned, fingerprinted, and searched before I was even contacted.

From the OP it appears that Mohamed also signed some paper indicating that he intended to bring a "fake bomb" to school. That's a somewhat serious confession to make. And the seriousness of signing a paper confessing to that crime is not something that a 14 year old kid can appreciate.

No matter how one might feel about the rest of this sordid tale, the actions by the police and the school administration were criminal.

-dex

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

and you would only have the patriot act to thank. regardless of what the lawyers say they now have the authority to detain without telling a soul if the word bomb is used even if it is in school.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Great plan that worked. Is that not a bit much???Wheres all that money going to go????

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
i just signed in to raise this story myself,as people have said this shouldn,t see the light of day,its a joke.

15m for what he went through?ok it wasn,t good but now suing for 15m?are they serious.

i once got arrested in school for punching someone out for attacking me first and was out of school for nine months.

should i sue for basicly a year out school and that year affecting my future earning potential when all i was doing was defending myself?

he was only barred for a few days so maybe i should go for a few 100 million.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

and you would only have the patriot act to thank. regardless of what the lawyers say they now have the authority to detain without telling a soul if the word bomb is used even if it is in school.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. However there must be some laws that relate to juveniles that trump even the patriot act. A 14 year old juvenile is not responsible enough to understand the full consequences of such an action as this. Especially signing a confession.

Do you have a reference to indicate how juvenile rights are treated with respect to the Patriot Act?

-dex

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

i once got arrested in school for punching someone out for attacking me first and was out of school for nine months.

How long was the other kid suspended?

-dex

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My short answer in 1 2 3 pictures.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
he wasn,t,some how me getting took out in handcuffs sealed my fate.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirChill
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

the kid brought a fake bomb to school for the lolz....then tried playing the race/religion card....yes, he totally deserves shaming.

When I was 14, I had to publicly apologise to the entire school for hosing down a class room with a fire extinguisher (not to mention I got my ass kicked by my dad), guess what? I never did anything like that again.

I agree but I doubt he is the one driving the lawsuit.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

HOW TO MAKE MONEY AND BE SEEN AS A HERO
Step 1: Be Islamic
Step 2. Take the casing off of a digital clock
Step 3: Put the stuff that actually makes the clock function in a brief case
Step 4: Profit.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Who cares give it to them were switching to a new currency anyway.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
A million bucks for every minute of fame.

That family is terrible. I had a sneaking suspicion the story was going to change, and it sure has.

You know this is not my style, but what if it had been a cute, white Christian chick?

Now, back to day one ----- did the school botch how this was handled in the first place?

Why? Really, why? Did this become a circus?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Father should be given a bill for the cost of the response to the situation he created.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Domo1
A million bucks for every minute of fame.

That family is terrible. I had a sneaking suspicion the story was going to change, and it sure has.

You know this is not my style, but what if it had been a cute, white Christian chick?

Now, back to day one ----- did the school botch how this was handled in the first place?

Why? Really, why? Did this become a circus?

Cute, White, Christian girl? Same response should be expected. Cute White Christian father should receive the same bill as I want this father to get. No religion or skin color gives you the right to cause problems on purpose.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

if his reputation is "damaged", it's only because he didn't detonate anything! The kid took what he took to see what he could get away with, and now they want money for it. I hope they are told where to stuff their lawsuit. The whole family should be banned from returning, too. Their colors are already shown.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Who cares give it to them were switching to a new currency anyway.

care to elaborate? I'd love to hear more - is this something that was recently announced?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
wonder why people don't find it funny that this family moved to Qatar after this, a safe haven for terrorist.
then they file a lawsuit.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Only a mere 15 mils?
These kind of surreal claims can only happen in the U.S.A. , the worlds nr.1 sueing culture.
I thank the Americans every day for putting reminders of the temperature on the coffee cups I drink out of here in Holland.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

Im on the kids side. He was arrested for no reason. That being said. 15 million is quite a bit of money, almost too much.

Im sure they will settle.

And as far as the selfie thing goes.. I would have done that too if i was falsely arrested and bashed nation wide on all forms of media. I would be skipping all the way to the lawyers office.

I hope he wins

He was arrested for having a device that looked suspicious.
And Im tired of the whole "it was a clock" BS. HE DIDNT INVENT OR MAKE ANYTHING.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join