It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 4-yo's guardian angel may have been with us at hospital today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I've never been much of a believer in paranormal but I am a believer in the afterlife. I'd like to share an experience that happened today that was quite freaky but yet very emotional. Let me start at the beginning. On Wednesday my 4-yo son came down with a very serious illness. We noticed some small blood spots on his skin, bruises and he had a consistent slight bloody nose. I took him to see his pediatrician and they thought he might have an illness I never heard of called ITP. Basically, he was just coming off a cold virus and the antibodies his little body were producing to fight off the virus ended up attacking his platelets, which is what clots our blood. A normal strong count of platelets would be about 150,000 and anything under 50,000, they won't perform surgery, under 20,000 and they talk infusions. His count was at 2,000. They immediately took him by ambulance to the Marshfield Children's Hospital (the best in Wisconsin) three hours away.

My wife and I got on Facebook and started asking our friends and family for prayers firmly believing in the power of prayer, especially in large groups. Yesterday they did some sort of antibody infusion to help his antibodies to stop attacking the platelets. Thank God the procedure worked and this morning his count was at 58,000. We were able to take him home. Here's where it got interesting. My mother passed away in 2001 so none of my children got to meet their grandmother, but we have a large framed pic of her in our home and talk about her as Grandma Flo to them, so they know.

Anyways, as were leaving the hospital I go out to get the car, my wife and our 4 kids wait in the lobby near the door. At this time my 3-yo daughter looked at the doors and said "hey, Grandma Flo," to my wife. My wife said there was no one by the door. We know our little girl would know her because she knows the picture well. It was like she was our son's guardian angel and was there at the door saying goodbye. This hospital also happens to be where my mom had surgery which led to her passing just a few weeks later from pneumonia. When she came out from her surgery and still under the affects of anesthesia, she spoke of Jesus taking her by the hand and showing her different places around the world. It was strange.

Anyways, this was quite an experience today and the main reason I share is because I know I've read similar stories here at ATS about kids seeing things we can't. I don't know where to begin to search out any of these threads so if anyone could link to them if they know, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to read those other experiences, or hear any of yours if you've experienced anything like this.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This was 20 years ago... my daughter was about 8 to 9 mos old, and was in the dining room (no furniture or anything in there yet) and was just sitting, waving "hi" or "bye-bye" to the blank corner. All great-grandparents had all passed away by then. I have always believed my oldest child/daughter is an "old soul".

I believe "they" visit, and I believe the little ones can see them.
edit on 20-11-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

That's why I called her our guardian angel, cuz I've always felt she's been there looking out for us, but nothing like this has ever happened. It sure is strange, but yes, I feel our little daughter must have seen her or how else do you explain this. Thanks for sharing your experience. I know there are stories on ATS similar to ours.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Have you seen the film Heaven Is For Real which was based on Colton Burpo's experience?

I highly recommend it...

This is the trailer:

"Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild. Link

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
First...so glad your little one is okay. I never even heard of that condition.

Second...I totally believe you. I've had my own guardian angel experience.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
So happy your son is getting better! It sounds like he is in great hands both medically and spiritually. Praise the Lord!

Did your 3-year-old daughter say what grandma was doing? How long did it seem that she saw her (a fleeting glimpse or a good long look?) Any interaction? Any if your other kids see anything?

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing this amazing experience!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

It's gonna be an special Thanksgiving for you and your family this year.

edit on 21-11-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
So happy your son is getting better! It sounds like he is in great hands both medically and spiritually. Praise the Lord!

Did your 3-year-old daughter say what grandma was doing? How long did it seem that she saw her (a fleeting glimpse or a good long look?) Any interaction? Any if your other kids see anything?

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Thanks Veghead. My wife said that she only pointed towards the door and said those words. None of the other children were looking that way or said anything about it. My wife said she asked her what she said and then was pretty dumbfounded after that and didn't really ask any questions. She said she was more stunned at first, then I pulled up and the moment was over.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
First...so glad your little one is okay. I never even heard of that condition.

Second...I totally believe you. I've had my own guardian angel experience.

I've never heard of it either. It was sudden, we even sent him to school that day (pre-k) which ended at 11:00 am. He came home and we noticed the spots. Next thing you know, we are following an ambulance down the highway terrified and not knowing what was to come. It really makes you realize how precious life is and to value every moment. Sure would like to hear your guardian angel experience if you'd care to share it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You know, I did see that movie and I never even thought of it till you mentioned it. This isn't the one where the story was proven a fraud and a lie, is it? This was a good movie, though.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing this amazing experience!

yw Night Star

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

It's gonna be an special Thanksgiving for you and your family this year.

Indeed it is!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. Psalm 34:7

Angel means messenger and there are occasions in the bible when an Angel of the Lord is a person who had died rather than what one would call an angelic being (seraphim, cherubim, thrones, etcetera). Most notably in Revelation when the angel speaking to John says of himself "I am of your brethren; the prophets." So I can see a guardian angel being a deceased family member.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus

The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. Psalm 34:7

Angel means messenger and there are occasions in the bible when an Angel of the Lord is a person who had died rather than what one would call an angelic being (seraphim, cherubim, thrones, etcetera). Most notably in Revelation when the angel speaking to John says of himself "I am of your brethren; the prophets." So I can see a guardian angel being a deceased family member.

It's comforting to think about. We've asked our daughter today about it but she has nothing to say about it now. She just smiles. Then we asked our son if he saw Grandma at the hospital and he said, "No, she was just walking by my room, and she was also in the toy room." I then asked him if he was just saying that or did he really see her and he said yes to seeing her. I don't know what to think. You never really know what to think with kids because of their wild imaginations, but I know when she first said she saw Grandma at the hospital, it was different and more real. The timing...we were just leaving the hospital after a stressful ordeal, and how she pointed to an area where there was no one like she was there at that moment. I believe her and I do have to wonder if yes, kids may indeed see things we don't. And if it does have something to do with how we don't have any memories, or very few, prior to the age of 5. It's something of that nature that I remember reading in an ATS thread about this subject. Sure wish I could find that one. I'm off to search again.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I found one from earlier this summer that is very similar posted by jimbotweed. He says his two year old may see her grandpa.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You are talking about a different boy and a different book (Alex Malarkey).

The people at projectcasting.com LIED and have been called out on it several times now.

It appears to have been deliberate as well...

premyer
YOU NEED TO RECANT THIS ARTICLE! WRONG FAMILY!!! It’s the family of the ” BOY WHO CAME BACK FROM HEAVEN!” I think you guys knew what you were doing. Get your facts straight first. This is Horrible!!!

Holly
You had best recant this article quickly before you get yourself in trouble. You have the wrong family and wrong book title for the story.

Michelle B.
Guys , what I did was write to the Project Casting team. This article is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY wrong. I’m hoping she did not do this on purpose because it looks like she knew a little bit too much for her to confuse the book.

BraveBird
This article is literally, completely wrong. You all do have an editing department right?

Bill Ingram
you need to recant this story and tell the right one as all you have here is in error you would think as journalist you would have done a better job 2 different families 2 different stories get your fact straight before you go to press

seriously disgusted
this article makes no sense at all?! Colton is the name of the boy in Heaven is for Real. If I were the Burpo family I’d be contacting my lawyer about suing y’all for slander right about now. This story needs to be pulled and you need to do a better job of “reporting”. What a joke!

Ian E
What’s sad is your slanderous, sloppy, careless – and I wonder malicious – journalism. It took a lot of effort to find four images for the obviously-wrong book so you can make gross generalizations about a group of people.

rob
This article is going to make the Burpo a lot of money — your money. You need to get out there really quick with a retraction — a big one. You have completely confused two separate books. The Malarkey book is the one where the kid has recanted the story. Your article is further inaccurate in stating that it’s the dad who recanted.

Amy Jo Turner
This makes ZERO sense the book wasnt even about this kid, it was about Colon Burpo! Im sorry I am zery confused by this article. How can this family claim its about them when its about another family all together.

www.projectcasting.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Couldn't remember the other title. Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi Rez,

I was wondering if you have ever looked into this group.

www.paranormalsocieties.com...

Are you Ojibwe? I have done alittle reading about their history. Beautiful heritage. Such a shame the way things went down.

I was over in Lac du flambeau last week and they are really coming into their own and embrassing there own heritage. A lady in the Smoke Shop was telling me they have classes to learn the Ojibwe language, and that I would be a welcome face to learn about the culture and language. I just may do it.

Sorry for the spelling, I am writing this fast, I am off to work.

Happy Winter.

edit on 22-11-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Hey Crappie, yes, I am Lac Courts Oreilles but part Lac due Flambeau as well. Up until 2012 I was editor of the Ojibwe Times which covered LDF news. I like it a lot over there. A lot of our tribes have been bringing back the language starting at an early age. Here at LCO, they have a complete charter school where everything is taught in the Ojibwe language. They have a drum group made up of 6-9 year olds that is just totally awesome to watch perform.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join