It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm 28 years old, I've never had a girlfriend or kissed anyone ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hi, thought I'd join in for a discussion of my situation. I'm basically shy, and I don't know when to make a move, unsure whether I can tell if someone likes me or not. I guess you could say I'm paranoid or something. Maybe I just don't trust women very well. Or I just don't trust humans? Here I am nearing 30 and I'm not even sure if that's normal. I've been through a lot and struggling and I guess I still am....the communication between me and others isn't that great. Yes I've tried online dating, it isn't all that cracked up to be.

Well I guess I'll have to die alone since basically nobody cares that I'm a alive, existing in a state out of nowhere...so...I don't know what to say. I guess the point is I was hoping some of you intellectuals might help me or advise me, because I basically have no reason to live and I always wanted to have someone, that I can grow with and support each other.

So, you probably think I'm an idiot or something because I never have a confidence for anything. Yes I try to dress well and always look after my hygiene and everything that you can think of. The communication between me and others just isn't that great. Maybe I just gave up and don't give a # anymore.

+54 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: anobody

Have you considered buying Fallout 4?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I second the above notion....

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Have you at least had a relationship?
Perhaps during your school years?

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Bit edgy but I've known one or two people in a similar situation to you over the years, and they found that a night with a prostitute done wonders for their self confidence.

+42 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Buy a Hooker.

See what your missing. Your game will change.

Your not even thirty...I got socks older than you.

Get in the game....Lots of fat chicks wanting some love.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen

No, not at all no. Well right now there are some nice girls in my class at college but I don't know if that girl likes me. I've been giving her support like giving class notes but I don't think she likes me romantically. In fact, I'm not sure if anyone would go out with me. I'm never sure about this.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm actually 27 but accidentally typed 28, w/e.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I know it's way easier said than done, especially if you are shy, but try this. Go out some night, have a whiskey or two and make it a point to talk to 10 different girls that night. Just walk up and say hi. Yes, most of the time you will get rejected, but you need to train and condition yourself for rejection. It's part of the game. However, out of those 10 girls, I guarantee a couple will at least talk to you; it's a matter of statistics. You might even get a number if you can work up the courage to ask!

The more you put yourself out there the easier it'll be. It'll be hell at first, but like I said, is like conditioning yourself for a sport. It'll slowly get better each week until it feels like second nature.

And remember, most people are genuinely decent and aren't going to be a jerk because to most, that makes them feel as bad as getting rejected. No one wants to be mean unless they have a problem, or have no other option because you won't take a subtle hint to leave them alone.

And if they are a jerk, good!! Now you know to avoid that one in the future.

I declare your pity party over. Go out and live life before is to late... We might not be here tomorrow!!!

Much love and good vibes!

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Lots of fat chicks wanting some love.

Oh no , you did not just write that .
edit on 19-11-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm not into prostitutes lol.

+43 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: anobody

You could be for a couple of bucks

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Communication is key to all human interaction, it's an impossible charade without honest dialog.

But most importantly and not to be forgotten: we all die alone and it's perfectly normal.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Try looking into some of this thing called mgtow and just remember you can still have fun but just realize society has stacked the odds of staying happily married against you with our nations divorce rate.
www.goingyourownway.com...
Take what you will from it.

edit on 19-11-2015 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen

No, not at all no. Well right now there are some nice girls in my class at college but I don't know if that girl likes me. I've been giving her support like giving class notes but I don't think she likes me romantically. In fact, I'm not sure if anyone would go out with me. I'm never sure about this.
Friendship is the best foundation for any relationship. Make friends with lots of nice women and maybe something blossoms.
Please be careful with the advice about seeing someone you have to pay for as posted above. I don't recommend that path, but if you take it... play it safe! Professionals come with STDs many times and you don't need that!
You might be surprised that many people will actually appreciate your saving oneself or virginity. I recommend you look for a Christian woman and if you aren't Christian, at least be open to a Christian woman as they will only appreciate you having saved yourself.
Remember, don't be afraid to just test the waters like asking someone you like in class to go out for coffee and to study. Feel things out, if it doesn't go beyond a study date, well all the more practice to feel comfortable with asking a woman out.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You're twelve years away from getting a movie deal.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You dont wanna go down that road. Just lust no real emotions...no love.

You want a real relationship with someone whol will love you for who you truly are.Im a bit younger than you been single five years now cause all the girls out where i live are weekend party vampires and all have same kind of mindset. Party, Alcohol, sluts

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Perhaps you're trying too hard. Be happy, crack a joke and don't be afraid to make a fool of yourself. A girl loves to laugh. In my experience, nothing will knock her off her feet quicker than a guy who's not afraid to look stupid to put a smile on her face.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ok, first off. Have you thought about why this may be happening? Have you considered seeing your doctor and talking about the possibility you are suffering from depression?

Depression can be the cause of many things. Many things that are simply in your head. The way you view yourself may not be the way others view you. In effect, you become your own worst enemy and critic.

I would seriously recommend talking to your doctor and perhaps discuss with him/her about that subject.

You might find that he/she can prescribe you something that will make the anxiety, panic, sadness, stress and all round low self esteem just stop.

It did for me.

Trust me, you feel a better man for just discussing it in the first place.

Do it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

how do you know? try it and you might like it
im kidding

Look man, the best advice that can be given is love yourself follow your passions meet someone who is involved with what you love, if you just want a good time expose yourself (not wearing a trench coat jumping out of bushes naked giggling kind of way) make a POF (plenty of fish) account, plenty of lonely s and possibly diseases there, so be careful. When i have felt alone in the past i have gone to bars and typically with a smile and some humor and just a little self confidence the bar scene is an easy sell , but if you want to be with a girl you love meet her in one of your passions it will be easier to talk and grow together.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join