It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm 28 years old, I've never had a girlfriend or kissed anyone ever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Listen man, there is nothing wrong with his head, only the way he was taught to interact with other humans.

Sure, that's the only reason why OP posted this:

because I basically have no reason to live

It's totally impossible that OP is depressed in a world where it's one of the most common psychological problem. Also lol if you mistake my advice with "gobble pills you doofus".

OP has problems with both his mood and his social interactions. Admitting them is the first step in overcoming them.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
a reply to: anobody

You might not feel confident talking to women, but many guys don't. The trick is to fake it. Seriously. If you look confident, people will think you are and react differently to you, thereby increasing your confidence.
I saw a cute girl in a coffee place once, so I walked right up to her and said "Hey, you're kinda cute. Can I have your number?" It caught her completely off guard, and she gave me her number.
So... Pretend you're confident, and you'll just kindof naturally become confident. Also realize that the vast majority of people are worrying more about themselves than they're thinking about whatever ways you may have seemed awkward. Simply put, nobody cares if you're an awkward social failure, so have at it without concern.

I am not sure our Op is ready for that. And if a guy told me I was 'kinda cute' I would look at him like he was an idiot.
Not that I think I am more than that. but that phrase will not impress me.

I dare ya...tell me I am 'kinda cute'..go ahead....
edit on 19-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hookup apps are great.

I've had plenty of success on there, I make sure to put in the profile that you're not interested in any conversation or making any kind of deep connection with anyone.

A woman on there offered to give me her number after we had slept together, I told her no thanks and I just got up, got dressed and drove away.

edit on 19-11-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This shows what kind of mentality girls are growing up with these days. Video was on youtube home page(synchronicity?)

edit on 19-11-2015 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

I do believe social media and all that did effect how relationships work.
edit on 19-11-2015 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Hookup apps are great.

I've had plenty of success on there, I make sure to put in the profile that you're not interested in any conversation or making any kind of deep connection with anyone.

A woman on there offered to give me her number after we had slept together, I told her no thanks and I just got up, got dressed and drove away.

That sounds pretty boring. But good on ya that you got what you wanted.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
This shows what kind of mentality girls are growing up with these days. Video was on youtube home page(synchronicity?)

I saw this before. It belongs in a separate thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

umm, hmm... your kind of cute? And I am certain you have a great personality. Let us take a stroll through the art museum and critique the lack of real inspiration and soul in contemporary productions, or scarf down hot dogs at the rodeo. Im bringing my four kids though ok?? I am not exactly a teenager anymore.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

umm, hmm... your kind of cute? And I am certain you have a great personality. Let us take a stroll through the art museum and critique the lack of real inspiration and soul in contemporary productions, or scarf down hot dogs at the rodeo. Im bringing my four kids though ok?? I am not exactly a teenager anymore.

I'm kind of cute? You will be going to that museum alone.

Kids? fine. Hotdogs? fine. The kind of cute means you aren't very smart.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Your beautiful reldra, smart funny you got it going on can I buy you a drink

Yea the video is halarious though I jam it in my truck sometimes, as for the OP I never struggled with women, but I know a little confidence humor an charm and a smile goes a long way.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Your beautiful reldra, smart funny you got it going on can I buy you a drink

Yea the video is halarious though I jam it in my truck sometimes, as for the OP I never struggled with women, but I know a little confidence humor an charm and a smile goes a long way.

Why thank you, yes

The video is hysterical. The OP I think has gotten a lot of advice, which is good.

You? no problem flirting? I would never have guessed...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I think this is the way most guys are picking up chicks these days.

Works for me anyway

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
LOL. Actually, the flashers may be doing better than the ones who flash stupidity.

At least a girl an see what is going on there.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: anobody

See the clip....and repeat after Starsky....success guaranteed

Seriously though, I know how you feel as I was there myself but believe me you have absolutely nothing to lose. As others have mentioned...small steps do wonders to your confidence and after that ladies will see you as you are because you will get your aura back. Just don`t think too much when you are about to talk to someone. If you are at let`s say local coffee shop reading papers or something and a girl comes to sit next to you, just open up a conversation about sth you just read and express your opinion and ask her what she thinks. If that same girl comes again next time you are there that means she likes talking to you. And then you can go from there...and if you feel connection with her that most likely means that she feels the same (you know...the chemicals n stuff)

If she happens to leave on site when you open up a converstation, don`t blame yourself, it has nothing to do with you....it is either she is busy or doesn`t want talking to you...

When you will get comfortable at this, then just be yourself, don`t hesitate to say something you would normally in your home environment. They like the fact that you open up to them, being you makes them feel comfortable in your company and I don`t know a person who doesn`t like that. Remember that unfortunately our world is striving for perfection, at least the media is presenting it this way so every one of us (especially sensitive people) subconciously thinks that others are expecting from us to be perfect...it is what makes us tense in anticipation whether or not we are going to be accepted...but in truth all we desire is connection...may it be just random conversation, friendship or more.

link   
hey hey, you two get a private message, this young man wants our counsel
not our shenanigans. This is how its done asomebody, friendly banter. And I get to be the jackass as usual. Aint it great?

link   

The girl with the umbrella doesn't seem overly impressed but she doesn't seem shocked either.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

hey hey, you two get a private message, this young man wants our counsel
not our shenanigans. This is how its done asomebody, friendly banter. And I get to be the jackass as usual. Aint it great?

who two?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
LOL. Actually, the flashers may be doing better than the ones who flash stupidity.

Dang then I'm screwed both ways gotta find a new game plan

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

originally posted by: reldra

Dang then I'm screwed both ways gotta find a new game plan

I told you t o stop flashing women, that it doesn;t often work, lol

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

lololol, that only works if you have super weapon installed...otherwise not so much

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra I've got it on my phone, but I've kind of being seeing someone for a year so delete it when she comes over, just in case she gets nosey. It's just a bit of fun and it's always interesting when you swipe someone and you have mutual friends on Facebook. I don't see any harm in it. It's no different from going to a bar or club, which I feel a bit old for these days

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join