It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Turkey Fans Boo Moment of Silence for Paris Attacks, Then Break Out Into This Chant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Well, I agree there is the 'Soccer Fan element' of rudeness and mayhem...and it is probably universal.
However, aren't vast quantities of alcohol usually involved?
With a 99% Muslim audience, would booze be actively consumed?

Back when i was in Sydney my GF's son had Muslim mates and they came round to eat bacon,drink and do other various illicit things that T&C's will not allow a mention of/.....

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Maybe if the Turkey government didn't turn a blind eye to the fact they were supporting and harboring ISIS, and being a gateway to let ISIS in Syria, they would get more sympathy.

What a stupid argument.
Who are we paying respect for ? The innocent civilians or their governments ? One could also argue that French government helped Isis by removing Gadaffi.

ISIS was created by the west to remove Assad, so was the Taliban strengthened by the west to resist the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

Peoples hatred is not being directed at the correct direction. The government is clearly playing with peoples emotion and fear. And people giving in to their governments wishes is quite shocking for me.

The government are the ones supporting ISIS and had supported the Taliban while making the people falsely beleive that all muslims are out to get us. How can the people not see this. If things dont change I fear we will soon lose all our freedoms and be slaves to the government while feeling all safe and sound.

France is thinking of passing a bill to extend the emergency that was declared after the Paris attacks. We must protest that rather than make such threads. But sadly I dont see that.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

Maybe if the Turkey government didn't turn a blind eye to the fact they were supporting and harboring ISIS, and being a gateway to let ISIS in Syria, they would get more sympathy.

What a stupid argument.
Who are we paying respect for ? The innocent civilians or their governments ? One could also argue that French government helped Isis by removing Gadaffi.

ISIS was created by the west to remove Assad, so was the Taliban strengthened by the west to resist the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

Peoples hatred is not being directed at the correct direction. The government is clearly playing with peoples emotion and fear. And people giving in to their governments wishes is quite shocking for me.

The government are the ones supporting ISIS and had supported the Taliban while making the people falsely beleive that all muslims are out to get us. How can the people not see this. If things dont change I fear we will soon lose all our freedoms and be slaves to the government while feeling all safe and sound.

France is thinking of passing a bill to extend the emergency that was declared after the Paris attacks. We must protest that rather than make such threads. But sadly I dont see that.

I wont speak for anyone else, but your view doesn't hold water for me. My government has a hard time convincing me of anything. I don't trust them as far as I can spit a rat. The actions of muslims however, have been quite convincing. I saw them dancing in the street in Bridgeview, Il on 9/11 on the way home from work. They were celebrating the loss of life then just as they are in these videos.

If the supporters of the musilms are correct and only about 1% of muslims are extremists, then the entire 1% must have been in that stadium for that game. Or, perhaps more than 1% of muslims rejoice in the death of infidels...

Just sayin...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I wont speak for anyone else, but your view doesn't hold water for me. My government has a hard time convincing me of anything. I don't trust them as far as I can spit a rat. The actions of muslims however, have been quite convincing. I saw them dancing in the street in Bridgeview, Il on 9/11 on the way home from work. They were celebrating the loss of life then just as they are in these videos.

If the supporters of the musilms are correct and only about 1% of muslims are extremists, then the entire 1% must have been in that stadium for that game. Or, perhaps more than 1% of muslims rejoice in the death of infidels...

Just sayin...

Here is an perfect example of ignorance the ATS has been overtaken by. You havent even read through the thread before spunting bs. Turks didnt celebrate the Paris attacks,they are just pissed over no one payed respect to their people after the terror attacks in Ankara a month ago where 100 people were klled and 500 injured.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

What a stupid argument.

Just sayin...

I explained what the stadium chants were about.

I see your point, you wish to be under constant surveillance to prevent the boogeyman from getting you. God forbid that day when you have something against the government, you will be declared a terrorist and shot dead.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: IAMTAT

What do you think was actually happening in this video?

Whistles are boos in Europe and Turkey too, I guess.

When the announcer called for a minute of silence, they were probably like, what about the millions of people killed by NATO bombs? A hundred die in France and they want us to observe a "minute of silence" , whatever that is?

The cacophony of whistles was their groundswell opinion about the hypocrisy of the west, not that people died in France, but wheres the observance of all the people that have died in endless western wars? And a moment of silence, what is that even? They bow their heads to Allah (God), not "silence'.
Double fail.

Strike three was probably on with the game already… "Play ball", lulz.

except that in turkey no bombs have fallen.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Comeon people. Asen told you why this happened. Turkey was also hit by ISIS terror a month ago,100 people were killed and 500 wounded at a peace really. No one held a moment of silence for them,anywhere. Period. Put yourself in their shoes. Wouldnt you also be pissed over the double standards ?

I agree and here's the 'but'. This was only a day or so after a national tragedy. Did any of the 'booers' bother to get up and explain the reason for the disruption? Because I sure didn't understand it, and still wouldn't have if Asen hadn't explained it in such detail. I understand now, but nevertheless it was rude and uncalled for.

If this is the way they are going to behave, then perhaps they don't need to host anymore sports activities.

I dont think you understand European soccor

Football fans here are a uncouth and insensitive lot.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
As Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan said : “There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it”
In fact, there is only One Prophet Muhammad, and there is only One Allah, and there is only One Quran, and there is amongst Muslims only One Islam, hence there can be Only One Muslim. A Moderate Muslim is an oxymoron because there is no such thing as a “Moderate Islam.”

ISIS/ISIL = Islam.

To pretend otherwise, one would have to be stupid or willfully ignorant - the worst form of ignorance.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
I agree. Even domestic games in England you can hear chants about the opposing teams fans dying in tragedies. It is repulsive but sick individuals will sing and chant anything without even thinking. The world is full of idiots and we all seem surprised when they surface.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I will clarify.

Turkey feels like a victim. They have suffered quite a fe ISIS attacks. They host >2 million refugees from Syria.

A few Turkish member on another site made it clear to me that no one had their minute of silence for them. No one changed their profile pic to include Turkish flag. I quote "To them Turkish blood is cheap".

This is not about support for ISIS or about radical vs moderate muslims, its about their feeling that no one cares about their suffering so they do not feel any solidarity withthe French people.

"Erdogan’s domestic critics say he has to some degree helped the rise of ISIS, as well as other Islamic militants. At the very least Turkey has turned a blind eye to them as they emerged in the Syrian civil war and increasingly formed the vanguard in the fight to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad. Some critics argue that Turkey’s intelligence agencies have gone farther and actively channeled arms supplies to the jihadists".
www.thedailybeast.com...

Agree but I think we need to hold them at the border so every EU member state should commit to funding and policing (if required) the border to hold them in Turkey, at the border, ready to push them back once ISIS is driven out and peace returns.

Unsure why we dont do that, we have the engineers to build walled towns to hold them in, Turkey not should suffer for being the border of Europe, it should be supported. We could even make these towns elsewhere near the border, European Navies to pick up refugees at ports and deliver them to internment camps until the civil war is over and make sure they are safe.
edit on 18 11 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

What a stupid argument.

Considering ISIS went East before being pushed back and is still in Iraq undoing what the US did in GW2 I doubt highly that ISIS was created on purpose by the US to attack Assad, also that the US already supports many (non-ISIS) rebels fighting assad and ISIS leaves you assumptions a little lacking IMO.

The US supported the mujaheddin against the Russians and not the Taliban. The Taliban rose after Saudi asked the US to protect it from Iraq instead of the mujaheddin and the worst of those fighters changed tact.

Stick to the facts and you give a valid point but the conspiracy in you ruins you.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

What a stupid argument.

Stick to the facts and you give a valid point but the conspiracy in you ruins you.

Was Putin also engaging in conspiracy when yesterday at the G20 meeting, he declared that member nations amongst G20 were the ones funding ISIS? You should update your knowledge of world politics.
edit on 18/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

A few Turkish member on another site made it clear to me that no one had their minute of silence for them. No one changed their profile pic to include Turkish flag. I quote "To them non-white blood is cheap".

I think this is probably the most accurate description of the situation there, they're angry that they don't receive the same kind of recognition internationally for their citizens. It's also important to remember that Turkish football is pretty radicalized too, soccer is like this in several European nations - predominantly tribal.

But, you don't have to be a genius in sociology to understand the reasons for why our response to France was different to our response to other events.

Like it or not, we are culturally similar to France, we have a historical relationship going back centuries which we simply do not have with Turkey or other numerous nations.

Is it right or fair? Maybe not. But how does that come about and who is responsible?

Whether people want to accept it or not, some nations have deeper relationships than others, that doesn't mean it's "racism" when we don't respond the same way to one as we have to the other.

And what do they think their angry protest is going to achieve?

This is the mentality we are dealing with, a level of radical thinking that while might not be as extreme as we've seen in Paris certainly fosters more xenophobia and extremism. Their response to this is now going to embarrass their country and their people - it's a never-ending cycle of ignorance that THEY are doing nothing to repair.

Make no mistake, a lot of people felt a lot of horror and grief for their people when the bombings happened, but this response is only going to make people turn away from Turkey even more.

Once again it all comes back to tribalism. It's the core of all our problems whether it's political, religious, racial or national tribalism. As long as we have Humans with long memories reaching back through history for excuses to hate each other rather than looking forward to make things better this will never end.

The only way we are going to change things is by creating reasons to improve international relations while working to erode the tribal mentality we still have where people think of collective groups to fight against based on nothing more than the tribe we belong to.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
To pretend otherwise, one would have to be stupid or willfully ignorant - the worst form of ignorance.

So you think it's willful ignorance when I know several Muslims who are moderate?
I'm a gay man, living in the UK, I have known Muslims my whole life, I went to school with several I still socialize with today. I have worked with Muslims for the last ten years too.

Here's the reality you willfully ignore - if all of Islam is "extreme" and "radical" as you claim, we would all be dead already. You might be ignorant to what Islam really is, and the varied opinions (exactly the same as Jews and Christians with their moderates and extremes) but those of us who actually have diverse circles of friends know the truth, while you preach ignorance and stupidity, we are living in the REAL WORLD.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Really? So how come there were 6 matches since november 13 and only two countries/fans didn't respect the minute of silence for victims in Paris......from Turkey and Bosnia.

Fans from Russia, Sweden, Ireland, Croatia, England, Denmark, Ukraine, Slovenia and i suppose if yesterdays game went through German and Dutch fans would behave as well.

Care to explain?
edit on 18-11-2015 by Exitt because: ..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

So you think it's willful ignorance when I know several Muslims who are moderate?
I'm a gay man, living in the UK, I have known Muslims my whole life, I went to school with several I still socialize with today. I have worked with Muslims for the last ten years too.

Here's the reality you willfully ignore - if all of Islam is "extreme" and "radical" as you claim, we would all be dead already. You might be ignorant to what Islam really is, and the varied opinions (exactly the same as Jews and Christians with their moderates and extremes) but those of us who actually have diverse circles of friends know the truth, while you preach ignorance and stupidity, we are living in the REAL WORLD.

Theres a saying, bigots are the ones who are the loudest. I am talking about bigots from both sides. They are the ones who usually scream on TV, on forums, and are the ones most shown on the news.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

What a stupid argument.

Was Putin also engaging in conspiracy when yesterday at the G20 meeting, he declared that member nations amongst G20 were the ones funding ISIS? You should update your knowledge of world politics.

Note to self...listen to dictators propaganda....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt

originally posted by: crazyewok

Really? So how come there were 6 matches since november 13 and only two countries/fans didn't respect the minute of silence for victims in Paris......from Turkey and Bosnia.

Fans from Russia, Sweden, Ireland, Croatia, England, Denmark, Ukraine, Slovenia and i suppose if yesterdays game went through German and Dutch fans would behave as well.

Care to explain?

Because Greece and Turkey naturally hate each other.

Obviously the international tragedy didnt overcome national bigotry this time.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
LOL it's pretty simple really they booed during the minutes silence and chanted Allah Ahkbar.
We all know what it meant but I'm fed up with people trying to make excuses or trying to interpret it into something else. You can go online and watch it for yourself.
I'm also fed up with being told "oh it's only a minority" when in the real world it's a big minority in fact the voices of peace and restraint are the minority.
We've seen communities 3rd and 4th generation of living in the UK or elsewhere in Europe don't like our values don't support our values and numerous community and religious leaders have openly stated they want to change our values.
People say "oh I've got lots of Muslim friends" do you think you're Muslim friends go home and boast the same about you. No it would embarrass them amongst there community. I've seen young girls kidnapped and taken to another part of the country because she was involved with an English guy and it was getting serious. Guess how many of the community helped us to trace her.
It's accepted within the community as doing the right thing.
If this country's way of life was threatened and we went to war again tomorrow we would send our sons and daughters off to fight. But we all know which community wouldn't.
edit on 18-11-2015 by redchad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So what is your point? A few hundred people at a football game disagree with the minute's silence.....and what? Do you somehow think this represents all Muslims? People all over the world boo for football events. Turkey has been hit by many terror attacks over the years. It is also a country divided by a rise in extremism (thanks Erdogan).

So so sick of people thinking Muslims have to aplogise for everything. By this logic, i as a white westerner need to aplogise to Japan for droping nukes on them. I need to apologise for Africa for raping their natural resources. I need to aplogise to China for getting them hooked on Opium. Oh that's right, no i don't because they had nothing whatsoever to do with me..........

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join