It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Turkey Fans Boo Moment of Silence for Paris Attacks, Then Break Out Into This Chant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Okay, I REALLY want somebody to prove what we are seeing and hearing in this video is FAKE.
I don't want it to be real...and I don't want to believe that this actually happened.

I want to believe that the overwhelming majority of Muslims around the world hate and condemn ISIS and are in total support of the victims of the ISIS attacks.

Is what is in this video just a localized TURKISH Muslim thing?..Are these all ISIS members or sympathizers in the soccer crowd?
Are the people really NOT booing & chanting "Allahu Akbar" and are really saying something else in support of the Paris victims during the moment of silence for them?

Watch the video in the article...then PLEASE help explain this away.

A moment of silence for the victims of the Paris attacks was booed by Turkish fans Tuesday during a friendly game against Greece, Reuters reported.

Reuters reporter Ece Toksabay tweeted that the fans booed the minute of silence before breaking out into a chant of “Allah Akbar.”

Video posted online showed the disruption and seemingly captured the chant (see the two minute mark of the YouTube video below).

SEE VIDEO IN ARTICLE

99.8 percent of the Turkish population is Muslim, according to the CIA World Factbook.

The disruption came at a game attended by both the Turkish and Greek prime ministers.

The terror attacks in Paris left at least 129 dead and scores more injured. It was the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II.

www.theblaze.com...

MORE:
www.reuters.com...
www.mirror.co.uk...
blog.sfgate.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The two countries don't like each other very much....Cyprus.

Perhaps that's the source of this.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Okay. I hope you're right.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

That's certainly part of it, at the very least.

There is no love lost there. At all.

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Those present were obviously some sort of gathering of the minority radical Muslims and the majority moderate Muslims were not allowed to attend?
I don't know.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: nwtrucker

That's certainly part of it, at the very least.

There is no love lost there. At all.

If you agree that's it...then, as a moderator, please remove this thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Watch the video in the article...then PLEASE help explain this away.

Bid deal, millions of women in Iran and many ME countries were gobbling like beakless turkeys on 9/11.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Interesting.
So Cyprus represents France ? The moment of silence was for France, was it not?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Iran hates Isis with a passion . I do not understand why people dont get that ,

+39 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I will clarify.

Turkey feels like a victim. They have suffered quite a few ISIS attacks. They host >2 million refugees from Syria.

A few Turkish member on another site made it clear to me that no one had their minute of silence for them. No one changed their profile pic to include Turkish flag. I quote "To them non-white blood is cheap".

This is not about support for ISIS or about radical vs moderate muslims, its about their feeling that no one cares about their suffering so they do not feel any solidarity with the French people. And this feeling from what I can gather is quite wide spread.
edit on 17/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I guess 'moderate' Muslims don't attend soccer games in Turkey.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
I will clarify.

Turkey feels like a victim. They have suffered quite a few ISIS attacks. They host >2 million refugees from Syria.

A few Turkish member on another site made it clear to me that no one had their minute of silence for them. No one changed their profile pic to include Turkish flag. I quote "To them non-white blood is cheap".

This is not about support for ISIS or about radical vs moderate muslims, its about their feeling that no one cares about their suffering so they do not feel any solidarity with the French people.

THIS makes great sense. Thank you.
I'm convinced.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

No. Feel free to discuss it. Must say I'm rather curious myself.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

But it was at a Greece-Turkey soccer game.

So, it may have been part of it, though I doubt all of it.

link   

Well obviously those tens of thousands of muslims at the game are not an accurate representation of all muslims.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
I will clarify.

Turkey feels like a victim. They have suffered quite a fe ISIS attacks. They host >2 million refugees from Syria.

A few Turkish member on another site made it clear to me that no one had their minute of silence for them. No one changed their profile pic to include Turkish flag. I quote "To them Turkish blood is cheap".

This is not about support for ISIS or about radical vs moderate muslims, its about their feeling that no one cares about their suffering so they do not feel any solidarity withthe French people.

Maybe if the Turkey government didn't turn a blind eye to the fact they were supporting and harboring ISIS, and being a gateway to let ISIS in Syria, they would get more sympathy.

"Erdogan’s domestic critics say he has to some degree helped the rise of ISIS, as well as other Islamic militants. At the very least Turkey has turned a blind eye to them as they emerged in the Syrian civil war and increasingly formed the vanguard in the fight to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad. Some critics argue that Turkey’s intelligence agencies have gone farther and actively channeled arms supplies to the jihadists".
www.thedailybeast.com...

link   

hmmmmmm...

this is pretty F'd up

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I want to believe that the overwhelming majority of Muslims around the world hate and condemn ISIS and are in total support of the victims of the ISIS attacks.

The majority of Muslims around the world are tired of being painted with a broad stroke by the western main scream media.

The west links terror and Islam all too much. Then call for a war on terror. Turks can probably hear the bombs dropping across the border.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The majority of Muslims around the world are tired of being painted with a broad stroke by the western main scream media.

The west links terror and Islam all too much. Then call for a war on terror. Turks can probably hear the bombs dropping across the border.

Please explain this further...as it relates to the story.
What do you think was actually happening in this video?

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Blatant disrespect by those "moderate" muslims.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join