It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Turkey Fans Boo Moment of Silence for Paris Attacks, Then Break Out Into This Chant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Im sure you know that that has been debunked a long time ago, as its footage of aid arriving in Palestine months before 9/11, but whatever, its not like that's important is it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
May they were chhering iSIS? Personally though through experience of European football i think its best not to form opinions from football fans.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Maybe one of their players is called Allahua, and they think he is really really great.....

But yeah, soccer, it can bring out the best and the worst in people.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk
After seeing fans chanting "I hope your kid dies of cancer" to a player with a kid with lymphoma I'm not surprised at anything really.

Or the riot I ended up in the middle of when millwal fans decided to kick off at a gillingham match.

edit on 18-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Okay, I REALLY want somebody to prove what we are seeing and hearing in this video is FAKE.
I don't want it to be real...and I don't want to believe that this actually happened.

I want to believe that the overwhelming majority of Muslims around the world hate and condemn ISIS and are in total support of the victims of the ISIS attacks.

Is what is in this video just a localized TURKISH Muslim thing?..Are these all ISIS members or sympathizers in the soccer crowd?
Are the people really NOT booing & chanting "Allahu Akbar" and are really saying something else in support of the Paris victims during the moment of silence for them?

Watch the video in the article...then PLEASE help explain this away.

A moment of silence for the victims of the Paris attacks was booed by Turkish fans Tuesday during a friendly game against Greece, Reuters reported.

Reuters reporter Ece Toksabay tweeted that the fans booed the minute of silence before breaking out into a chant of “Allah Akbar.”

Video posted online showed the disruption and seemingly captured the chant (see the two minute mark of the YouTube video below).

SEE VIDEO IN ARTICLE

99.8 percent of the Turkish population is Muslim, according to the CIA World Factbook.

The disruption came at a game attended by both the Turkish and Greek prime ministers.

The terror attacks in Paris left at least 129 dead and scores more injured. It was the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II.

www.theblaze.com...

MORE:
www.reuters.com...
www.mirror.co.uk...
blog.sfgate.com...

Did you take even one second of silence when Turkey was hit by a terrorist bombing last month which killed more than 100 ?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I used to think the arseholes were exclusive to English clubs, one of the reasons I stopped following the sport, with the odd exception during the World Cup.

I stick to snooker these days, you don't get much trouble when O'Sullivan drops a 147 break.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Can't stand football myself.

Only reason I was at the stadium was I worked there while at uni.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

It's true. People don't care about terrorism unless first world nations are attacked.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is exactly what I have been trying to explain. I have gotten nowhere, because no one gives a damn about what anyone else has to say, unless they are saying the same thing, high fiving each other, or slinging stars and flags.

People today are concerned about one thing, their own needs. If their needs are not being met, they have zero capacity for understanding or caring about what is happening to anyone else.

People can plant all the, Why can't we all just get along?, posts and videos they want, it is only making matters worse.

People are hurting, feeling rejected, disenfranchised and valueless, all over the planet. They only see these outcries and supposed outpours of compassion, as another validation that they are being discarded from the hearts, minds and societies of this world.

A mother is not going to see photos and videos of smiling, gracious strangers, that have never known hunger or real fear, falling over themselves to welcome another's child, while she is holding the dead body of her own child, as a wonderful thing.

We are just as guilty, because we see what we want to see and we hear what we want to hear. Anything that doesn't fit into our agenda or doesn't make us feel like the rightgeous, world savy, high road traveling, white hat wearing, warrior we picture ourselves to be, is quickly discounted, demeaned, attacked and rallied against.

Our planet has dissolved into tiny pockets of infected cysts that are spreading. The infected pockets when they have become large enough, either increases in size when it comes in contact with an equal sized or smaller similar pocket, or it destroys or absorbs the smaller alien pocket.

This has been occurring for centuries, it is just that now, so such much of our world is infected, that the lesions are readily visible.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I've done 3 minutes of research and there is an alternate explanation of what was actually happening. Don't know if it's right but I'm throwing it out there:

We have been inundated with feedback, both on the comments on the post itself, on Facebook and on Twitter.

In addition, we have also been presented with an explanation for the noises heard during the minute’s silence by Mustafa Özsarı – a Masters student at Anadolu University:

101GG Note: Everything below this point are the thoughts of Mustafa Özsarı – certainly, his views on the Kurdish-Turkish conflict will be questioned by many.

Let it be clear: In Turkey (especially at football matches) a one minute silence is always used to chant for those who died in terrorist attacks.

And what they are chanting is this “Şehitler ölmez, vatan bölünmez”. Translation: “Martyrs, they do not die (they are immortal), homeland (land, our land) is indivisible.”

That is a habit from our past with the terrorist organisation PKK. More than 30,000 of our citizens died over the past 30 years by the PKK (including babies, women, children, teachers, officers, doctors, students and soldiers).

In any event, after PKK terrorists kill someone in Turkey, people chant this. Below is a proof from one Turkish Premier League match:

Same slogan “Şehitler ölmez, vatan bölünmez”.

And also, they booed the terrorist, not the victims. Any victims of terrorism are accepted as martyrs in Turkish culture. There is no disrespect to them, there has not been, there will not be.

www.101greatgoals.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Also just found these two comments on social media:

I clearly hear that fans are NOT chanting “Allahu Akbar”, just a nationalist anti-terror chanting "Sehitler olmez, vatan bolunmez" (martyrs may die but the homeland will not be divided). It was NOT a “moment of silence” for France. It was a “minute of respect” against terrorism worldwide. That is why fans was chanting against terrorism to support our own soldiers.

Abs Pangader Actually, they're chanting "Sehitler olmez, vatan bolunmez." Which means "Martyrs never die, the nation won't be divided." This is a common slogan thrown in remembrance of Turkish soldiers who fell victim to terrorism. In Turkey, there is rarely a minute of silence that isn't interrupted by this chant. Whether its a minute of silence for a Turkish catastrophe, or something else that happened globally, this always happens.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The fans whistle, western bombs whistle louder… who's 'setting who back' to the stone age?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: IAMTAT

What do you think was actually happening in this video?

Whistles are boos in Europe and Turkey too, I guess.

When the announcer called for a minute of silence, they were probably like, what about the millions of people killed by NATO bombs? A hundred die in France and they want us to observe a "minute of silence" , whatever that is?

The cacophony of whistles was their groundswell opinion about the hypocrisy of the west, not that people died in France, but wheres the observance of all the people that have died in endless western wars? And a moment of silence, what is that even? They bow their heads to Allah (God), not "silence'.
Double fail.

Strike three was probably on with the game already… "Play ball", lulz.

except that in turkey no bombs have fallen.

Turkey is a "pawn" of NATO. They better go along with the program because after all, they are (primarily) Muslim, not a member of the EU.

edit on 18-11-2015 by intrptr because: ()

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I wont speak for anyone else, but your view doesn't hold water for me. My government has a hard time convincing me of anything. I don't trust them as far as I can spit a rat. The actions of muslims however, have been quite convincing. I saw them dancing in the street in Bridgeview, Il on 9/11 on the way home from work. They were celebrating the loss of life then just as they are in these videos.

If the supporters of the musilms are correct and only about 1% of muslims are extremists, then the entire 1% must have been in that stadium for that game. Or, perhaps more than 1% of muslims rejoice in the death of infidels...

Just sayin...

Here is an perfect example of ignorance the ATS has been overtaken by. You havent even read through the thread before spunting bs. Turks didnt celebrate the Paris attacks,they are just pissed over no one payed respect to their people after the terror attacks in Ankara a month ago where 100 people were klled and 500 injured.

Starting a reply with insults is not your best option...

I know what the chants were about. I read the article and I already knew about Turkey wondering why the world didn't bathe their landmarks in the colors of the Turkish flag. I get that.

However, a moment of silence out of respect for recently deceased is a moment of silence. Chanting anything, regardless of the reason, is disrespectful of lives that were lost, or, is akin to celebrating their death.

I could also take the typical liberal tactic, rearranging the cart and horse whenever it suits me, and say that this disrespectful display is a perfect example of why the world didn't honor the deceased in Turkey. It will certainly be a reason why they don't get honored next time...that much is certain.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Maybe if the Turkey government didn't turn a blind eye to the fact they were supporting and harboring ISIS, and being a gateway to let ISIS in Syria, they would get more sympathy.

What a stupid argument.
Who are we paying respect for ? The innocent civilians or their governments ? One could also argue that French government helped Isis by removing Gadaffi.

ISIS was created by the west to remove Assad, so was the Taliban strengthened by the west to resist the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

Peoples hatred is not being directed at the correct direction. The government is clearly playing with peoples emotion and fear. And people giving in to their governments wishes is quite shocking for me.

The government are the ones supporting ISIS and had supported the Taliban while making the people falsely beleive that all muslims are out to get us. How can the people not see this. If things dont change I fear we will soon lose all our freedoms and be slaves to the government while feeling all safe and sound.

France is thinking of passing a bill to extend the emergency that was declared after the Paris attacks. We must protest that rather than make such threads. But sadly I dont see that.

I wont speak for anyone else, but your view doesn't hold water for me. My government has a hard time convincing me of anything. I don't trust them as far as I can spit a rat. The actions of muslims however, have been quite convincing. I saw them dancing in the street in Bridgeview, Il on 9/11 on the way home from work. They were celebrating the loss of life then just as they are in these videos.

If the supporters of the musilms are correct and only about 1% of muslims are extremists, then the entire 1% must have been in that stadium for that game. Or, perhaps more than 1% of muslims rejoice in the death of infidels...

Just sayin...

I explained what the stadium chants were about.

I see your point, you wish to be under constant surveillance to prevent the boogeyman from getting you. God forbid that day when you have something against the government, you will be declared a terrorist and shot dead.

Ignoring the sarcasm, no I do not want to be under constant surveillance. But I do want to see the return of profiling where terrorists are concerned. It works, like it or not. Nothing is 100% but it works. As for the boogeyman...I am more than capable of taking care of myself. It is the boogeyman you should be concerned about. He is running face first into a wood chipper.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I dont understand why the Muslims are not taking an active role in stopping the extremists.

Why arent they telling their people to turn in anyone who trys to radicalize their followers?

There seems to be blow back from the Paris attacks against the peaceful Muslims, but maybe that will put pressure on them to turn the bad guys over to the police. I dont condone what is being done to the peaceful people, Im just saying I hope something good will come out of it and I hope the extra pressure will cause the Good Muslims to get involved with stopping this madness.

When I see the Muslim community take an active approach to stopping all radicalizations in their Mosques, then I will start to trust them again.

More than likely it is because they are just like any other peoples, in any other group, in any other area.

We come to the internet to put our anger, frustration and pain in words on a computer screen. We can scream, cry, attack, and defend with our words on a screen, about the injustices in the world, this is our contribution.

Yet the kid 10 miles away that was attacked and hospitalized because some group didn't like the way he looked, or the old homeless man that was killed because a rogue cop was bored and offended that he didn't move his wheelchair fast enough, or even the child that attends a school in your neighborhood that is terrified every day, of just entering that school, wonders much the same thing. Why isn't anyone doing anything? Why is no one helping me? Why is no one stopping this from happening?

Trust me here. I am not attacking you, demeaning you or judging you. This is just what we are, what we have become.

We live in a very complex world today. Nobody trusts anyone else. We woke up one morning and realized that half of everything we have ever been taught or believed in, is a lie. That the world where you thought truth could be found in books, pictures, videos, and security in government, is all smoke and mirrors with a very destructive agenda. Half of the world is walking around shell shocked. So no, we are not behaving or thinking at our best.

We are all starving for a world that we once described as normal. We all want to go back to the way things used to be. We have selective memories of those bygone days, and what we have forgotten is what has gotten us to where we are.

We need to remember who we are, how we got here, and what we really need to do for ourselves, for others and the planet.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's not just a Turkish thing it's a Muslim thing. If you don't believe in Sharia law you aren't really a Muslim. Sharia law demands that Muslims convert or kill infidels. It demands they wage Jihad. It demands that women wear burkas and always cover their entire bodies or be beaten for it.

Non-violent Muslims only seem that way because of Taqiyah, the Islamic holy act of lying. If they can twist something around in their heads so a lie seems true to themselves, then it's not actually a lie. "I love the United States" might mean they love United States food, but actually hate everything else our country stands for. "I support women's rights" might mean they support their right to reproduce, but not to have any other rights.

Taqiyah is also why these guys will quote a handful of peace and love verses from the Koran and pass it off like there aren't 164 different verses concerning Jihad in it.
www.answering-islam.org...
These same people will also point to Leviticus in the Bible and shout about how Christianity is a religion of hate because the Bible has a handful of verses that teach the stoning rapists and homosexuals. Screw the rest of the Old Testament or the entire New Testament.

I'm sure this post will be rejected out of hand by 99% of the people who frequent this board. ATS has hardcore liberal stripes on it. Wool over the eyes.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Correction, if you don't believe in Sharia law, you are not considered a true muslim by those who do. Religious people have picked and chosen from their particular gospel and teachings for millennia while still labeling themselves as that religion.

As much as I hate human nature and some of the disgusting things that religions are used to justify contrary to their main message (Jesus said something closer to "Love and Peace" rather than "Eternal War on Everyone Who Disagree With You" as far as I remember), I would rather not believe that 24% of the world's population are secretly (or overtly) violent jihadists. In much the same way that not all Germans were Nazis, and not all Nazis were Hitler.
edit on 18/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

edit on 18/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Mysterious Reasons

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Years ago, there was a lot of media heat about the Taliban blowing up Buddhist statues. They were portrayed as ignorant savages in the Press and, to be honest, that's what I believed them to be. Years later, I stumbled on an interview with one of them where he explained why they'd dynamited the ancient statues.

He said they'd done it because the statues received UNESCO funding to maintain them. He said that his people were poor and ignored by the international community and the statues had more value than human lives.

It doesn't mean that the Taliban weren't assholes for doing what they did. It just shows that our first impressions aren't always the right ones. Just like with these Turkish boo-boys, they're still assholes for booing, but their reasons are understandable and not pro-IS like people assumed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join