It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Turkey Fans Boo Moment of Silence for Paris Attacks, Then Break Out Into This Chant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well, I agree there is the 'Soccer Fan element' of rudeness and mayhem...and it is probably universal.
However, aren't vast quantities of alcohol usually involved?
With a 99% Muslim audience, would booze be actively consumed?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

But what did this have to do with sports? Nothing, that's what. This was a moment of silence to remember and respect
their DEAD.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

~newsflash~

A plane leaving from LAX going to Paris has been diverted to Salt Lake City because of a bomb threat.

~sorry for the OT, watching the news~

Update: Passengers and crew safely on the ground, But now a second plane to Paris has been diverted to Halifax.

edit on 11/17/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

But what did this have to do with sports? Nothing, that's what. This was a moment of silence to remember and respect
their DEAD.

IDK. I'm trying to figure this out too. Perhaps the idea that these fans were upset that there was a double standard with the moment of silence for the French victims, but not for their own.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

nvm. Sorry. I'm still pissed off about the whole mess. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Well, I agree there is the 'Soccer Fan element' of rudeness and mayhem...and it is probably universal.
However, aren't vast quantities of alcohol usually involved?
With a 99% Muslim audience, would booze be actively consumed?

I remember eating a pork steak in Turkey. Asked around, those bunch are quite secular. Infact Turkish beer is quite popular, they apparantly have their own style of brewing. Its called Efes or something similar.
edit on 17/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

nvm. Sorry. I'm still pissed off about the whole mess. Sorry.

No. I mean their victims of ISIS.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yes. I knew what you meant, I was being an ass. : (

I read Asen's post and it made a lot of sense. I appreciated the perspective.

/bail

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Iran hates Isis with a passion

I didn't mention the isissies.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

their DEAD.

We have crazy people everywhere. This was brought to my attention by a Muslim memeber in another forum.

Football fans yell ‘Muslims suck’ during moment of silence

A handful of football fans at the Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions game Sunday afternoon yelled the statement during what was supposed to be a moment of silent tribute to the 129 people murdered in Paris on Friday.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Amazing how people are so anxious to prove ALL Muslins are Nazi like ISIS loving knife in the mouth killers

Like the Skeptic Overlord said

start thing with your brains not your fears

Look over the planet and see who is mostly fighting ISIS and who is mostly their victims

Muslims

Remember 911 when people from Iran where the first to protest and support the US

Turkey was just a victim of ISIS bombing that killed many I doubt they were applauding the French terrorists

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
This is a very stressful topic. Most people want to understand this complex and unfamiliar relationship between moderate and radical elements within Islam...and, aside from getting frustrated or confused in our genuine efforts in to understand or gain the big picture...we are often met with animosity or get painted with the broad brush of Islamophobia...which only hampers our attempts.

I want to believe that ISIS is an aberration...that MOST Muslims feel about it as I do; that ISIS is a false and evil abomination...completely unrelated to the Muslim faith. Events such as this make people seeking real answers frustrated and angry...because it confirms our worst fears...and we never want those fears to be realized.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Comeon people. Asen told you why this happened. Turkey was also hit by ISIS terror a month ago,100 people were killed and 500 wounded at a peace really. No one held a moment of silence for them,anywhere. Period. Put yourself in their shoes. Wouldnt you also be pissed over the double standards ?

edition.cnn.com...
edit on 17-11-2015 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Comeon people. Asen told you why this happened. Turkey was also hit by ISIS terror a month ago,100 people were killed and 500 wounded at a peace really. No one held a moment of silence for them,anywhere. Period. Put yourself in their shoes. Wouldnt you also be pissed over the double standards ?

I agree and here's the 'but'. This was only a day or so after a national tragedy. Did any of the 'booers' bother to get up and explain the reason for the disruption? Because I sure didn't understand it, and still wouldn't have if Asen hadn't explained it in such detail. I understand now, but nevertheless it was rude and uncalled for.

If this is the way they are going to behave, then perhaps they don't need to host anymore sports activities.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The majority of Muslims around the world are tired of being painted with a broad stroke by the western main scream media.

The west links terror and Islam all too much. Then call for a war on terror. Turks can probably hear the bombs dropping across the border.
......and the best way to voice that is being just like the West sterotypes you as? That's a whole new level of stupid. Wtg Turkish soccer fans, you've sent your country back.
edit on 17-11-2015 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I was quite fearful of muslims too, not unlike many people here. You could even say a general hatered for them. That was till I was forced into a situation where I became a minority amongst muslims. That was in university where majority of students were foreign and from Syria and muslim countries of north Africa. I had no choice but to socialize with them. I soon realised that they were not very different from me. Same worries, same joys etc. Thats when i lost my fear and along with hatred for muslims. Beleive me living with fear is terrible. You guys dont know what you all are missing.
edit on 17/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Maybe if the Turkey government didn't turn a blind eye to the fact they were supporting and harboring ISIS, and being a gateway to let ISIS in Syria, they would get more sympathy.

What a stupid argument.
Who are we paying respect for ? The innocent civilians or their governments ? One could also argue that French government helped Isis by removing Gadaffi.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

edition.cnn.com...

Funny ISIS never claimed responsibility for that. In fact the primary target was a Kurdish political party during a heated reelection against Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. Nah..... He'd never want to do that.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm just pointing out that they did the same thing during a moment of silence for the victims of the Ankara bombings (who were Turkish), last month at a match with Iceland in Turkey.

As for the civility of sports fans, I live about half an hour from Philly and they hold court right at the stadium to adjudicate the assaults at the Eagles games. My understanding is that soccer fans are on a whole different level of insanity.

Well my dear Watson i believe you may have solved the case...well done

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I agree and here's the 'but'. This was only a day or so after a national tragedy. Did any of the 'booers' bother to get up and explain the reason for the disruption? Because I sure didn't understand it, and still wouldn't have if Asen hadn't explained it in such detail. I understand now, but nevertheless it was rude and uncalled for.

Even if they did explain the islamophobe portals would spin it in a way so it looks like the turkish soccer fans are supporting Isis. And i agree with you,it was rude,but soccer fans are a emotional bunch,and you do stupid things when emotions take over. I would be Ll over them if the Turks werent hit by deadly attacks themselves just a month ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join