It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Blood on his hands’: CIA officials, others implicate Snowden disclosures in Paris attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I don't care if Im on the "watchlist" I have nothing to hide, I am not a terrorist.
But now, since Snowden had his fleeting idiot fame, the real terrorists will not post on these sites, nor any sites, nor use their cell phone to plan their attacks and they will not be caught in time by our secret services now bc of that lil RAT!

What is it that you do not understand about this?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

He risked death, torture and imprisonment bc what he did was horrible! He wanted to be a hero and some still think of him as one. He deserves what he gets, he is a traitor.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

He risked death, torture and imprisonment bc what he did was horrible! He wanted to be a hero and some still think of him as one. He deserves what he gets, he is a traitor.

But how is letting the world know what's really going on. how is that being a traitor? Don't you want a more transparent government and more freedom? That's what most of his leaks were about...nothing was revealed to our enemies...he revealed stuff to the rest of us. I know you disagree but don't you think there was some merit to this? A little? Our founding fathers, for one example were law breakers and traitors, depending on who you talk to.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

NO

I do not want a more transparent govt if their only secrets are protecting us!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

NO

That is exactly where you wrong, as it seems that their secrets were not to protect us, but to protect themselves and their wrongdoings.

Please explain for example, how spying on our allies helped us?

Misuse of power given by people comes to mind...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

NO

Their "secrets" infringe on our civil liberties. I know when I make '900' calls, I don't want the CIA listening to me talking dirty to Tiffany.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The CIA does not want to hear you talking dirty to Tiffany, you would not be flagged unless you gave reason to be.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

protect themselves?

sorry I am lost, and don't care to be found in this conversation

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

NO

They aren't protecting us though. They're using mass surveillance to take away our freedoms and have more control over us. It has nothing to do with protecting us.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

They are using new technology to fight the war on terrorism.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So why do they need to spy on me, read all my emails and online posts, listen to and save all my cell phone conversations, listen to may grandma's cell phone conversations etc. Don't you think that's a bit creepy? and unnecessary and wasteful and could easily fall into evil hands.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Maybe if the alphabet agencies spent less time dealing drugs, laundering money, and selling weapons in back alleys... they might have more time and manpower to focus on terrorist activities.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think by this point in time it is just about necessary to scrap the current government and try again in this little experiment called democracy; Our nation was founded on a republic for the people by the people, not a people for the government by the government (insert agenda)

(Draft constitution of greenway)::[groups.google.com...#!topic/terralibertatem/36FJBt5u_QY]

If we are so evolved, we should act like it, not sit by the sidelines and watch as the world falls apart; Talkin' 'bout my generation; Being from the 90's and seeing how this is all panning leads me to about time to hit the ejector button

I think the attacks in france were mk-ultra and "mastering the human domain" headed by the same guys who backed bin laden; The battle of waterloo never ended, just the paper trails had been scrubbed up on the books and the government gets a fat check from these builderburg&roth so everybody in power gets what they want

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

....and using mass surveillance for economic reasons.

Snowden also showed us a little in how big corporations, especially communications and the media works with big brother.

I'm not surprised someone is on here to defend the mass surveillance and the oligarchy.

It is a damn shame that most Americans have ignored the information Snowden provided us, it makes an overhaul of our current oligarchy impossible.

edit on 19-11-2015 by jrod because: :middlefinger: to the surveillance state

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Ya sure .... you go live in your perfect, bubble-wrapped government utopia fool. Just so daft its unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

But what if it is about Snowden?

I know, I know, but what if?

Have you ever read Snowden's own thesis?

He leaked it with the rest of the stuff. It may turn out that the most damaging thing he leaked was his own idea.
That people _could_ use rpg games to coordinate, and weren't there reports of playstation mumble mumble some number were used in Paris?

I'm gonna talk anyway, even if your brain is still shouting me to silence.

Mike Grouchy

Maybe he did tip them off about cell phones this was their major source of intel and it dried up. Terrorists got smart stopped using cells for email and communications. It appears the security services didn't know about play stations.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Need to trash it then isn't working. Sadly intelligence communities in the west has gotten so used to electronic intelligence they don't even try the old fashioned methods. You know have someone infiltrate the groups. Used to be if someone was suspected of something someone they knew was an informant

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
"It appears the security services didn't know about play stations."

That is totally false. I attended an FBI briefing several years ago where the scenario was people using in game chat in World of Warcraft to avoid detection as a scenario.

They have been aware of this possibility for quite some time.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

So why do they need to spy on me, read all my emails and online posts, listen to and save all my cell phone conversations, listen to may grandma's cell phone conversations etc. Don't you think that's a bit creepy? and unnecessary and wasteful and could easily fall into evil hands.

And it is so interesting, yet seldom talked about in MSM, that with all the metadata they've been collecting, they completely missed this one coming.

It appears the metadata collection does not protect us from anything.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I will just leave this here... pretty much sums it for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join