It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Tells Cops They Can't Search His Home Without A Warrant, Cops Kick His Door Down & Kill Him

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

Again.....your right that it's important to know the facts, but when we are repetitively seeing these unnecessary deaths occur and AFTER the facts are made clear and the cops ARE WRONG they are not held responsible, the taxpayer foots the bill ... it's difficult to remain objective.... as I said in a previous post, until it happens to you, it's hard to even comprehend. It seems to me that you are buying into the whole notion that if people stand up against police brutality they are criminals themselves.....here's the thing, as more and more "rights" are taken away, we all could become potential "criminals"......I'm basing my opinion on life experiences and this is NO JOKE.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

Well, we can agree on this much, I also will be very interested to hear what the cops side of the story is and if any video was taken and will be made available. Yes, warrants are not always required, but the standard to enforce a warrant less search needs to be HIGH...a life or death situation. We do know the man they were looking for was not found in the dead man's home and eye witness statements that he declined to have his home searched and closed his door, which was then knocked down...WHY ???

Somebody slams the door on the cops and they just quietly walk away.....they own whatever that person's doing behind that door. Could be nothing or could be Dahmer getting ready to eat somebody, or the guys in Cleveland with the girls hidden away for 10 years. Especially where they fear the cops coming back, so they have to go ahead and kill somebody in a hurry.

Nothing simple or obvious about it. Cops are going on intuition, experience, and human behaviors most of the time. They have to make the call then, not after they've made everybody on the internet happy.

I think most people can have a good idea of what people are doing at 3:30 AM and that would be sleeping.

At 3:30 AM I would tell them to get a warrant as well and if their face is over the threshold of my doorway when I close it that is their own damn fault it is obvious no one invited them in.

It is crazy people defending these pigs.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Again.....your right that it's important to know the facts, but when we are repetitively seeing these unnecessary deaths occur and AFTER the facts are made clear and the cops ARE WRONG they are not held responsible, the taxpayer foots the bill ... it's difficult to remain objective.... as I said in a previous post, until it happens to you, it's hard to even comprehend. It seems to me that you are buying into the whole notion that if people stand up against police brutality they are criminals themselves.....here's the thing, as more and more "rights" are taken away, we all could become potential "criminals"......I'm basing my opinion on life experiences and this is NO JOKE.

I'm basing mine on the fact that the vast majority of police brutality claims turn out to be nothing. There are cops out there that are completely crazy, but I suspect that more often than not it's people trying to get something (or attention) at the expense of cops or the local city lawsuit settlement funds. People are dishonest, even cops, but I trust cops more than most of the public.

And yes, I think people abuse cops and then twist it to make it seem like they're within their rights when the cops take action. Treat cops with respect, and if they're wrong deal with it after. The whole "not without a warrant" crowd is pathetic. The jackasses on youtube that take videos refusing to roll down their windows for cops are ridiculous.

If only people redirected their hate towards dishonest, violent, criminal members of the public instead of focusing on the absolutely minuscule number of bad cops this world would be so much better.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A cop told me something years ago that I have repeated a few times only to be told I was either lying or mistaken or both.

He told me that he can come to my house, kick my door down, handcuff me, search my house, take whatever he wants, take me to jail and hold me for up to 72 hours, with no warrant or anything else that would serve as justification. Then release me, keep my property, and never say another word about it. And there was nothing I could do about it.

He was right.

A search warrant does not give law enforcement the right to search you or your home. It gives them the right to use what they find as evidence in court against you. If they have no intention of taking you to court, they have no use whatsoever for a search warrant.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I think you are making excuses here. Police brutality is a very real and serious problem in the US.

Stuff like this happens almost everyday and fewer and fewer citizens trust the police.

It even happened to my parents. They were tazed at their home because of an over zealous cop with the Brevard County sheriff's office. They did not get media attention, they were embarrassed and hired a lawyer who did not have their best interests in mind and ruined their chance of a lawsuit(letter of apology in order to have the bogus charges of assaulting a LEO dropped).

After seeing many aggressive police officers freak out when someone films an arrest, I have a difficult time trusting anything the police tell us.

edit on 17-11-2015 by jrod because: fix

edit on 17-11-2015 by jrod because: x

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
At 3:30 in the morning you don't answer the door. You talk to them through it or to the side of it. You ask them for a warrant, and you let them violate your rights by kicking in the door, cuffing you and rifling your home.

Don't resist and survive the encounter…

Way easier said than done. This guy gave them probable cause to ratchet up their megalomania, and thats all it takes, nowadays.

"Dave's not here". --From Cheech and Chong

Never call a cop, never talk to a cop, never help a cop, never resist a cop.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

I think you are making excuses here. Police brutality is a very real and serious problem in the US.

Stuff like this happens almost everyday and fewer and fewer citizens trust the police.

It even happened to my parents. They were tazed at their home because of an over zealous cop with the Brevard County sheriff's office. They did not get media attention, they were embarrassed and hired a lawyer who did not have their best interests in mind and ruined their chance of a lawsuit(letter of apology in order to have the bogus charges of assaulting a LEO dropped).

After seeing many aggressive police officers freak out when someone films an arrest, I have a difficult time trusting anything the police tell us.

Sorry, I don't know anything about your parents and have no opinion on them....but your story -

1. Overzealous cop
2. Did not get media attention
3. Embarrassed
4. Bad lawyer
5. Ruined their chances for justice

When I read that many excuses and a crazy unlikely set of amazing coincidences....not buying it.

Like most of these stories, cops didn't do anything wrong (let alone act as the butchers and mobsters that are always described) and there was something wrong done by the people accusing the cops. Then a crazy story told to try and flip it all on the cops.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
At 3:30 in the morning you don't answer the door. You talk to them through it or to the side of it. You ask them for a warrant, and you let them violate your rights by kicking in the door, cuffing you and rifling your home.

Don't resist and survive the encounter…

Way easier said than done. This guy gave them probable cause to ratchet up their megalomania, and thats all it takes, nowadays.

"Dave's not here". --From Cheech and Chong

Never call a cop, never talk to a cop, never help a cop, never resist a cop.

I can almost buy this. Just don't open the door, because you have the right to see if they're really cops. Ask for the name of who they're looking for, tell them he doesn't live there, name the persons who do live there. Ask them to determine that you're telling the truth about it by radio. Ask them to have dispatch call your cell phone. Just do something intelligent rather than telling the cops to eff off, slam the door, etc. At that point you deserve some crap.

At least you're actually working with the cops, who are actually there to try and make your community safer by catching a bad guy.

My first guess is that the guys at the house acted like asses, and gave the cops good reason to think they were hiding the perp, just by their dumbass behavior.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Not defending these officers actions. LEO's experience stress that most of us don't experience in our lives, was an automotive machinist, that set of chevy 350 heads in no way threatened my life. Walk a mile in another's moccasins and all of that, but mental health exams need to be performed.

LEO's have created their own "untenable position" and they are not trusted by large portions of the general public any longer (perhaps not a majority, YET, but still large numbers concentrated heavily among those under 35 years of age). LEO's MUST now live with the LONG TERM consequence of these actions, which they, as a group, have taken, while in the field and has been compounding the issues of thier increasingly negative image, over the last 25 years.

Regular people, now must choose to fight or be subjugated, there are no other choices left. LEO leadership has chosen not to prosecute these criminals and politicians have decided to not change the laws that would force LEO leadership to act differently. So, why are people still following their edicts, when they have shown total disregard for ethical policy making, the Constitution and contempt for those who ask them to do so?

originally posted by: Informer1958
If this is what freedom is in America, then I don't want to live here anymore. In the last 14 years this country has spiraled down hill, not just by tyrannical laws, but economically as well.

It's got to the point that if you are not rich in America, your dog meat and you have no rights.

I am glad it was not my family these scumbag cops killed, because had they done that to my family, I wouldn't want to be the cop that did the killing.

If these cops think they are above the laws of our land, then they will learn the hard way.

The Constitutions is for everyone not just for the elite.

I feel very sad for the children, now they have no father and no amount of money will bring him back.

If this becomes a normal thing for cops to kill as they please and there is no accountability, perhaps the American people need to start focusing on these corrupt cops families to send a strong message, that this will not be tolerated in America.

Correct, people need to stop "crying out for help", bothering to "vote" or "writing complaint letters to politicians". NO ONE will come, because Americans do not believe in "physically defending themselves" anymore. We live in the Brave New World World of "see something, say something" or "record the event on your cell phone". The days of people "stepping in and physically assisting" are LONG GONE! If your life is in danger from a police officer, you simply have no choice, but, to defend yourself.

As others have said, you can end up one of two ways, alive to be tried by a jury OR dead and be named as evidence in a lawsuit.

TAKE YOUR PICK!

Did early humans and primates simply yell "help me" when a predator was about to eat them OR did they fight for their lives?

This is what the civilian population in the USA has been reduced to and LEO's are more than happy to take advantage of this shift in mindset:

People forget that context, can DRASTICALLY change how police actions are viewed, in hindsight, by HISTORY. For example, a lot of "cops" (Ordnungspolizei) got killed by civilians during WWII.

Take Edith Flagg for example, a FAMOUS fashion designer, that immigrated to to the USA after WWII, whom before she died, at 94 years old, was worth $100 million (she is the grandmother of Josh Flagg, from the Bravo TV show, Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles). Edith Flagg was in the same position as John David Livingston and she chose to FIGHT for her life. Is she a criminal, TODAY, in hindsight?

If so, than why was she not arrested and charged when admitting to murdering someone on national television?

In an exclusive bonus clip, Edith answers a question Josh had asked years ago: "Has she ever shot a gun?" Edith says that not only did she use a gun—she used it to kill someone during World War II. Edith reveals that she was faced with a him-or-me situation when asked for her papers, and did what she had to do to protect herself.

I ask the obvious question: “Why didn’t you run?” Mrs. Flagg gives the obvious answer: “Where am I running to?

Taking on the identity and paperwork of a deceased woman, Lydia Voskuilen, she lived among the enemy and fooled them all -- day in, day out. “She walked around in a Red Cross nurse uniform and spoke German impeccably so they had no idea she was Jewish,” Josh elaborates. “She used to swim with the Nazis in the morning. She would go into the lake and spy on them to hear what they were saying.”

We have come full circle, except now, LEO's don't regularly "exterminate" undesirables, they simply put them in jail indefinitely, for petty offenses, so someone can make money off their existence while in the system, via a government contract.

Santana didn’t trust the police to do the right thing with the evidence, and why should he? He saw an officer, Michael Slager, shoot an unarmed man in the back, plant evidence on the body and stand calmly as fellow officers arrived at the scene and did nothing to help the dying man on the ground. Santana didn’t know who Walter Scott was, but he understood that what he had just witnessed was a crime committed by an officer of law, who would then go on to lie about what had happened in order to cover up a murder.

‘The police are supposed to be the good guys,’ Man claims he was beaten by Purcell officer, “I just started screaming for someone to help me, and he began hitting me even harder and faster,” Barger said.

Civilians now have a BIG choice to make, do they want to be Chris Barger, John David Livingston or do they want to be Edith Flagg? Both Chris and Edith were roughly the same age when they encountered legalized oppression. One cried out for help and got none, while the other took action and lived to fight another day.
edit on 17-11-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

Wow....not sure what one could add to that beautifully written response.....well said..

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

a reply to: boohoo

Wow....not sure what one could add to that beautifully written response.....well said..

Long on hyperbole, myth, 100 % agitprop, and other creative writing. Short on fact, example (I.e. "not fully massaged slanted stories"), data, evidence.

What part was it that had you misty eyed ? Was it that highly responsible, mature illustration ?
edit on 17-11-2015 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It soon becomes clear that the police are trigger finger kids, with the desire to get promotions.

I sure cannot feel safe with that kind of, (I would put it, maniac) running around, supposedly protecting people. Yet are nowhere to be seen when a real crime does occur. They are only in our world to keep peace for themselves, and thus collect evidence to prosecute not stop.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

There is more to this story than what is being reported...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm just curious, but does anyone else feel like there should be higher requirements for becoming a police officer? These people carry weapons and have authority over basically every citizen of their city, but it's pretty damn easy to become one. I can't speak for major cities or anything, but in my city a lot of people end up being cops because they didn't go to college or don't really have any other options available to them. I know that's not all cops, but that just doesn't seem like a recipe for success. My city isn't tiny either.. it's not a small country town or anything like that. It just isn't huge.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl

There is more to this story than what is being reported...

Well, since we've gotten every possible variation of the cops being bloodthirsty savage corrupt killing machines, can I safely guess that there's something else about the behaviors of the poor innocent downtrodden ?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Collekt
I'm just curious, but does anyone else feel like there should be higher requirements for becoming a police officer? These people carry weapons and have authority over basically every citizen of their city, but it's pretty damn easy to become one. I can't speak for major cities or anything, but in my city a lot of people end up being cops because they didn't go to college or don't really have any other options available to them. I know that's not all cops, but that just doesn't seem like a recipe for success. My city isn't tiny either.. it's not a small country town or anything like that. It just isn't huge.

I think your description of the process is biased, slanted, and inaccurate.

Can you offer any perfrmance numbers, requirements, training info....that would make me wrong ?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

It soon becomes clear that the police are trigger finger kids, with the desire to get promotions.

I sure cannot feel safe with that kind of, (I would put it, maniac) running around, supposedly protecting people. Yet are nowhere to be seen when a real crime does occur. They are only in our world to keep peace for themselves, and thus collect evidence to prosecute not stop.

Even you must realize that your description is so slanted that it's impossible for it to be accurate.

NTM as a sweeping blanket statement.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Not really, I'm just commenting on what I've seen personally. I don't claim to speak for every community or anything, but I know it to be the case in at least a few of them. I just feel like the process of becoming a local cop is a lot simpler than most professions that require a 4 year degree at minimum, and these are the people who are tasked with carrying a gun and enforcing the law. It's no mystery that there are a lot of cops out there who are on a power trip, even if they don't do anything drastic like shooting an innocent.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My dad is a retired NASA engineer/manager. This was tge first time either were arrested and they were about 60 and 55 years old when this happened. The official police report wa re-written about 10 times.

Of course you do not believe me, you are a police apologist.

My parents no longer trust nor respect the police after that incident.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

No I'm talking about the 1st world countries of the world that include countries from all regions, don't try to turn this into a racial issue. You are in the same league as Brazil & Argentina, congratulations.

Police Killings

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join