It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Tells Cops They Can't Search His Home Without A Warrant, Cops Kick His Door Down & Kill Him

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I do however disagree greatly, that it is the responsibility of the Whites, Blacks, Reds, Greens or Browns. It is the responsibility and duty of "all" Americans.

We cannot afford to allow them to divide us. Divided we lose; they win.

You actually don't disagree because that's what I believe, too. My mention of race was to preempt the posters who feel that white communities deserve medals because they do not hit the streets when this sort of thing happens.

We aren't alone in thinking how stupid that logic is. This is why you do see a few white folk here and there during the backlash for police shooting involving unarmed black people. Some realize it is a public servant vs public issue and not a black/white issue. The BLM movement is justified as they are acknowledging the disparity between demographics of the victims.

But yeah, the separation keeps us manageable and oppressed. I love the cops in my town but if that sort of thing happened here, I will be demanding answers.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
a reply to: infolurker
Hopefully this gets some national attention. #AllLivesMatter

Unfortunately it won't, white cop shoots white guy, it ain't gonna happen. Now what might happen, with no warrant, the DOJ gets involved, and creates a grand jury, and these two asshats are indicted for murder. Which is what should happen.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

THIS is what our Government thinks of the Constitution and the citizens of the U.S. I can't think of a more heinous example of what is wrong with our Government and supposed law enforcement.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
He should have opened up with a 12 gauge and emptied it, the second that door came down. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six. Guess he never learned that.

We don't know how long it was between the closing of the door and it being kicked in; depending on where the gun is kept there's no guarantee he had the time to get it - if he even thought to. Most people have the same mentality: they don't have a reason to do it, so they won't and since cops are so often cleared of wrong-doing or the victims have their characters assassinated to the point where the collective believes nothing unjust happened.

Fighting back directly against the police won't doing anything but hurt the course of changing what's wrong, which stems from allowing the minor abuses of power(cops looking the other way when one of their own should be ticketed for wreckless/DUI) coverups and the avoidance of prosecution of the little bull# and lack of being held to proper standards thanks to governmental and media involvement in the process, feeds into the rampant authoritarian bullying.

Unless you've got airtight evidence and a good lawyer, shooting a cop that kicks in your door will still get you put away as a cop-killer - all it will really do if fuel the conflict that's already simmering. While we certainly cannot roll over and accept police abuse they have the advantage in the streets - you won't win a ground war against Law Enforcement.
edit on 11/16/2015 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Sometimes I just want to cry at the outrage of senseless killing in the name of the long bearish arm of the law. How did we allow this?! Why are we tolerating this?! Change must come. How is it that our European friends can subdue a "subject" without killing and here in the U.S. the first line of defense is a bullet even when a "subject" is in handcuffs? How did we come to this?! Everyday I grieve reading the news. This is not the world I grew up in. It's a completely distopian world predicted by 1984. Change must come. If we don't raise our voices, we are the next victim of a victimless crime.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I'm guessing there won't be any rioting in North Carolina? Why not? This isn't a vague racist remark. This is a serious question. WHY NOT?!

Why are white communities so docile when it comes to allowing themselves to be abused? I always hear of how black communities are "bad" because they react to injustices but that's how it should be. When police do this, it needs to cost the city money. Every time. Eventually, the folks in charge will realize that it's far more cost-effective to promote better training and stricter punishment for cops than to defend them in court all the time.

The problem there is that rioting doesn't cost the city money; it costs the taxpayers money. any public property damage will be paid for by taxes, and private property damage won't cost the city anything. Plus, people are hurt and even killed in riots, and for what? because someone else did something wrong?

This case is horrible, and the cops are totally wrong, assuming the info we have is correct, but rioting isn't the answer. Trial for murder, and conviction, for the cop that pulled the trigger, first, then trial for all cops there, for 'illegal entry and assault, next, followed by a massive civil suit, to at least fund those poor kids for the rest of their lives.

For all we know, the cop dropped the taser, just for an excuse to fire. Someone face down, beaten, maced, and tased is NOT a threat. The cop is a danger to the public.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I never said he'd win against the cops with a 12 gauge. But if you are going to die anyways because the cops can't wait 5 hours to approach a judge for a warrant (who may have well denied it, because of lack of probable cause)- then by George I say take as many as you can with you. The guy's dead either way. But it cost no cop his life, and it damn well should have. At least one, if not two or three. I would have cheered had this story ended up instead with the title:

"Man kills three cops defending his home against their illegal home invasion- and is acquitted."

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

But yeah, the separation keeps us manageable and oppressed. I love the cops in my town but if that sort of thing happened here, I will be demanding answers.

I see we really do agree.

I work side by side some days with police officers, and they are some of the most awesome people you will ever meet. I tease them sometimes about how they are fake cops because they don't fit the stereotype, and they say they have people tell them all the time, "You don't act like a cop."

To me that speaks volumes. That tells me if there are just a few bad apples, then the police departments need to get rid of them, and stop allowing them to do their PR.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Man Tells Cops They Can't Search His Home Without A Warrant, Cops Kick His Door Down & Kill Him

The painful fact of the matter is.... that...
you ain't seen nothing yet!
This is just the beginning...
Buckle-up, Dorothy, it's going to be a bumpy ride! *__-

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
Hopefully this gets some national attention. #AllLivesMatter

Unfortunately it won't, white cop shoots white guy, it ain't gonna happen. Now what might happen, with no warrant, the DOJ gets involved, and creates a grand jury, and these two asshats are indicted for murder. Which is what should happen.

Even more reason to call them out.

I am not familiar with the demographics in the area were this occurred, but where I live, though it is considered a multi-racial community, it is still largely White. If you hear a news report of a cop killing somebody, everyone pretty much knows it is a White cop killing a White person. The race never becomes an issue unless the cop or the victim is a color other than white. Then it becomes more interesting news.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Paid vactions. There will likely be no justice. This is the world we tolerate.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

Sad sad news indeed, another statistics to add to the police brutality.

So what's gonna happen to this brutal murder case, I hope this officer faces the full force of the law for his actions.

Peace

I emailed the Sheriff of these deputies and told him I hope those scumbags get gut shot with a shotgun straight to the lower abdomen and die a painful and slow death for murdering that guy.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: eNumbra

I never said he'd win against the cops with a 12 gauge. But if you are going to die anyways because the cops can't wait 5 hours to approach a judge for a warrant (who may have well denied it, because of lack of probable cause)- then by George I say take as many as you can with you. The guy's dead either way. But it cost no cop his life, and it damn well should have. At least one, if not two or three. I would have cheered had this story ended up instead with the title:

"Man kills three cops defending his home against their illegal home invasion- and is acquitted."

I'm not talking about him not winning the one confrontation, I'm talking about the American people not winning the larger war. The police are a heavily militarized brotherhood endorsed and supplied by the government, fighting them on their turf will only create more solidarity among them and further justify the one-sided arms race. Cops dying the line of duty just breeds sympathy for cops and creates martyrs in the fight against the "lawless masses". As unreliable and it is, the administration needs to handle bad cops. They need to be stripped, shamed, prosecuted and jailed - you will never see a media outlet paint a dead cop in a bad light.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

3 kids? Well just send officer Halloween around, hell take them out for a nice night.

Effin cops.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Witnesses said Livingston was not fighting back and was trying to get the Taser out of the deputy’s hands.

So which was it?

He was "not fighting back" is contradicted by "and was trying to get the Taser out of the deputy's hands."

haha you funny.

Grabbing the knife out of your stomach is now the new attack.

Noted.

(post by youcannotwin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Not defending these officers actions. LEO's experience stress that most of us don't experience in our lives, was an automotive machinist, that set of chevy 350 heads in no way threatened my life. Walk a mile in another's moccasins and all of that, but mental health exams need to be performed.

Why would anyone walk an inch in a cops shoes? For fun? the pay? loyalty?

or because they are a mustard hungry thug.

cops dont become cops for the love.. walk in their shoes? I'll walk in a comancheros shoes before I walk in a coppers.
edit on 16-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised anymore.

I would hope these cops get prosecuted for murder, there was no excuse to kill this man.

If this is what freedom is in America, then I don't want to live here anymore. In the last 14 years this country has spiraled down hill, not just by tyrannical laws, but economically as well.

It's got to the point that if you are not rich in America, your dog meat and you have no rights.

I am glad it was not my family these scumbag cops killed, because had they done that to my family, I wouldn't want to be the cop that did the killing.

If these cops think they are above the laws of our land, then they will learn the hard way.

The Constitutions is for everyone not just for the elite.

I feel very sad for the children, now they have no father and no amount of money will bring him back.

If this becomes a normal thing for cops to kill as they please and there is no accountability, perhaps the American people need to start focusing on these corrupt cops families to send a strong message, that this will not be tolerated in America.
edit on 16-11-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
From what I know of some of the people in that area, I have a strong feeling those deputies and their families will disappear. If they are smart, they will disappear voluntarily.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join