It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military weapons missing after break-in at Worcester army reserve center: FBI

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

When I was a lad it was standard for weapons to be 'lost' on manoeuvres then recovered later. A friend doing tree surgery on a base was offered grenades a few years ago. From one or two odd events that have been reported I suspect exotic weapons can go missing at times.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IncognitoGhostman

My thoughts exactly! !!!!

I guess if you have a cutting torch you could......but....that logic goes no where.....

LoL....

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

I believe what makes them military is the fact they belonged to the military.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If the army can't keep its own stuff safe why should we expect them to keep us safe?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Given the security and the way these weapons are locked up -- I think I it isn't absurd to claim this is an "inside job".

True
True.....correct me if I'm wrong, isn't there 3 people involved with assigning and security of said weapons....sign off s as wels the XO' s sig?? And in turn,the CC checks the sig?..I've never worked inside the armoury but, our Supply and Armory were in the same room...and supply chief was full time.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
If the army can't keep its own stuff safe why should we expect them to keep us safe?

What does one have to do with the other?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ah...the joke, you missed it. It went thataway.

General consensus is that this was probably a person who had regular access to the building. So, until proven otherwise I think the FBI is right to say it isn't terror related.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Funny thing.
These weapons were under the control of the same government that pays for a public service announcement that I hear on the radio most weekday mornings. The PSA that tells me to make sure that my guns are under lock and key in my own home.
Practice what you preach.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

No, I got it. I simply chose to ignore it because there was no humor to be found.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

They were under lock and key. Not sure what point you are making.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Don't expect to find out what happened to this small arsenal until after thanksgiving...
It's disheartening to think about...but unfortunately this is real people...

A2D

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

They were under lock and key. Not sure what point you are making.

The point of the PSA is to tell me, a common citizen to take care that weapons are protected and accounted for.
The same people reminding me how important it is are not guarding their own stash that well.
I don't have any paid employees to guard my home 24 hours a day. They do, and we pay for it.
That's the point.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

And it was probably that employee who stole it. It was guarded. I don't get you complaining you have to lock your weapon up when they do the same.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ah...the joke, you missed it. It went thataway.

General consensus is that this was probably a person who had regular access to the building. So, until proven otherwise I think the FBI is right to say it isn't terror related.

Just because this was probably an inside job doesn't mean those on the inside were stealing these weapons to go deer hunting in NH. Moles could be anywhere and they are called moles because they weaseled their way to work on the inside.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The armory's alarm system was ticketed for repair that evening and not working. They blew a hole above the vault and went in from there.
edit on 16-11-2015 by BlastedCaddy because: 's

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlastedCaddy
The armory's alarm system was ticketed for repair that evening and not working. They blew a hole above the vault and went in from there.

where did you get this info from?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The report claims these were semi-automatic weapons. If that's the case, then these are nothing more than what you could buy from Wal Mart. But usually, military M-16's differ in that the selector switch has a safe, fire, and auto selection, which would make these full auto capable. (something that makes a huge difference in the weapon)

In order for this to have worked as it did, there HAD to be some inside help. But regardless, the facts are weak, and the information provided doesn't sound correct.

ETA:
this report claims the M-4 rifles were fully automatic.

The Daily Beast, an on-line news site is now reporting that at least half a dozen fully automatic M4 assault weapons were among the nearly 20 firearms taken in the break. According to the Daily Beast report, the thieves were able to take away the six M4s along with 10 handguns and several other weapons listed only as "long guns."

www.masslive.com...

with the amount of ignorance introduced by the gun grabbers, it's not unheard of to have this confusion, but the difference here is HUGE. It does matter.
edit on 16-11-2015 by network dude because: added pertinent factoid.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

More than a dozen military weapons are missing after an overnight break-in at a Massachusetts army reserve center, officials said.

The Worcester armory's missing weapons include six M4 assault rifles, ten pistols, and several long guns, a law enforcement source told the Daily Beast.

Military weapons missing after break-in at Worcester army reserve center: FBI

The article says the break-in is not being considered as a terrorist threat.

Hmmm....I wonder how they could possibly know that at this point.

Because the people that stole them haven't given them to the terrorist puppet operatives yet. The thieves were probably not the terrorists, which is why the break in isn't being linked to them... YET.

Sorta like the FBI had "no hard evidence" to link bin Laden to 9/11... gee, I wonder why?
edit on 16-11-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
...And now there is a bomb threat at Harvard, tons of helicopters everywhere. Hopefully not connected

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlastedCaddy

First, where did you get that information?

Second, AR 190-11 requires a 2 man armed guard in 12 hour shifts per guard(or however the unit wants to break it down, so long as it meets the standard) in the event of a security failure.
edit on -06:00Mon, 16 Nov 2015 13:02:03 -0600201516America/Chicago2015-11-16T13:02:03-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join