It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Military weapons missing after break-in at Worcester army reserve center: FBI

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:20 PM
a reply to: tweetie

Thanks for the follow-up on this. Now, I'm curious about this Morales guy. Your article said he was on electronic monitoring at the time of his arrest. Isn't it curious how this could have happened. He broke in through a kitchen window according to the article!!! I am gobsmacked by how easy this theft was at a military facility no less!!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:09 PM
a reply to: queenofswords

I'll bet the Worcester reserve facility will beef up security after this event! I'm glad he didn't have time to do any damage after he took off with the guns.

More from RT this time. The link just came through on my Twitter feed: Child rape suspect

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:39 PM
Homeless man finds bag full of stolen military weapons in Bronx park near Yankee Stadium

What in the h*ll is going on?!

Cops discovered an M-4 rifle and two Sig Sauer M11 9-mm pistols concealed in the bag — which were among 16 weapons looted from the Lincoln Stoddard Center armory in Worcester, MA, according to CBS Boston. The weapons weren’t even reported stolen until Nov. 16, five days after the discovery in the Bronx, an NYPD spokeswoman said.

It remained unclear what happened to the 13 other weapons Sunday afternoon.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:21 PM

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: links234
"What makes them military? Is it because they're black and have handles? Hurr durr...2nd amendment...hurr durr"

Seriously though, sounds like plain ol' theft of government property. I'd imagine if ISIS was going to break into a military armory they'd at least take more than a couple of M4's and pistol's. I mean...this is hard is it to get a pistol in this country?

Very easy to get pistols but full auto combat rifles, not so easy.
Somebody has possession of 6 full auto rifles now.
Employed intelligently in a terrorist attack they could easily approach a similar number of victims to the Paris attacks.
NO suicide vests needed.
Might even get away to shoot another day.

This is very troubling as it does speak of inside help, something our government does far too often with the wrong people.
military infantry rifles are not fully auto since the eighties. the a2 had single shot and three round burst mode. the A1 had fully auto but was phased out. fully auto is useless for an infantry man's standard issue rifle. the automatic fire support role is now handled by crew served weapons such as the obsolete m60 and it's replacement the Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW.)

Fully auto may be fun to burn ammo at the range but as a tactical matter any shot after the first shot is wasted because the recoil will bring the weapon off the target. automatic fire is best used for supression or for beating an area target or a target in a direct fire dead zone that can only be serviced by indirect fire. also in the event you are being aggressed by an aviation asset and are not bending over to kiss your fifth point of contact goodbye, you can make a probably useless attempt to annoy or scare the pilot into leaving. it is possible to down a fast mover under certain circumstances or take out the rotor of a helicopter but you have to be very good at gauging leads and get really lucky to do it.

In the end the cons of giving fully automatic infantry rifles to every soldier outweighed the pros so they got phased out of MTOE.

top topics
<< 1  2  3   >>