It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military weapons missing after break-in at Worcester army reserve center: FBI

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

More than a dozen military weapons are missing after an overnight break-in at a Massachusetts army reserve center, officials said.

The Worcester armory's missing weapons include six M4 assault rifles, ten pistols, and several long guns, a law enforcement source told the Daily Beast.

Military weapons missing after break-in at Worcester army reserve center: FBI

The article says the break-in is not being considered as a terrorist threat.

Hmmm....I wonder how they could possibly know that at this point.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well they do teach Islam in schools there, who knows huh? This is important yet fly's under the wire.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So how long until those weapons turn up miraculously in the hands of Isis or the Mexican mafia?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Hmmm....I wonder how they could possibly know that at this point.

Because there is no evidence pointing to that. They did not say it is not, they said it's not considered one.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

"There is no evidence of terrorism" always seems to be the "go to" response (to quell hysteria; encourage only approved PC discussion of such) that is has almost become a parody of itself...remember Bagdad Bob "there is nothing to see here."

Worcester is NOT far from Boston; from dozens of college campuses; a densely concentrated population center. I can fully understand the WHY of saying that (while hopefully, after Friday's events in Paris, EVERY possible scenario is investigated by numerous alphabet agencies).

edit on 15-11-2015 by Glinda because: Typo

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

What is wrong with this picture here?

I can't say if this is the same for every Army Reserve cernter or not, I am simply assuming it's true. Every Army Reserve Center I have been in has their weapons locked in the armory. This is a giant safe inside the building, so how did they get in that. The article doesn't say much other than they entered through the roof. If they did this then they would of had to have broken into the armories safe, unless it's a set-up.

edit on 15-11-2015 by IncognitoGhostman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IncognitoGhostman

A set up? How so?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Members of the military have been caught selling unit equipment many times in the past.

April 15, 2015

May 2012

December 2011

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

"There is no evidence of terrorism" always seems to be the "go to" response (to quell hysteria; encourage only approved PC discussion of such) that is has almost become a parody of itself...remember Bagdad Bob "there is nothing to see here."

Worcester is NOT far from Boston; from dozens of college campuses; a densely concentrated population center. I can fully understand the WHY of saying that (while hopefully, after Friday's events in Paris, EVERY possible scenario is investigated by numerous alphabet agencies).

I am from Boston, I know the area well
Thank you though as you obviously had no way to know that.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Given the security and the way these weapons are locked up -- I think I it isn't absurd to claim this is an "inside job".

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Double post.

edit on 15-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Given the security and the way these weapons are locked up -- I think I it isn't absurd to claim this is an "inside job".

I would say it's absurd to think it's not an inside job.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Members of the military have been caught selling unit equipment many times in the past.

April 15, 2015

May 2012

December 2011

On the heels of the Paris event, this theft just seemed ominous. I didn't realize this has happened three times since 2011.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

ISIS can just buy them... I also think it is an inside job, but I still have more...hehe

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Those are just the big ones that made the news. There were probably a lot more that were small enough that they barely got reported or didn't make national coverage. It happens a lot more than you think.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I am thinking theft in this incident. Lots of bad actors around to make this a possible inside theft job for money.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IncognitoGhostman

What is wrong with this picture here?

I can't say if this is the same for every Army Reserve cernter or not, I am simply assuming it's true. Every Army Reserve Center I have been in has their weapons locked in the armory. This is a giant safe inside the building, so how did they get in that. The article doesn't say much other than they entered through the roof. If they did this then they would of had to have broken into the armories safe, unless it's a set-up.

AR 190-11, which is the Army regulation that governs how small arms, ammo, and explosives are stored and secured, has strict guidelines as to the inner and outer construction of Unit Arms Rooms(vaults).

Breaking in from the roof is no easy task. Getting the vault door open is no easy task. Then you have to open up the cages the weapons sit in. There's more, but these guys shouldn't have had the time to do what they did.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I'm a certified unit armorer for my former company.

I can tell you there is no way to brute force your way in and make off with these weapons without getting caught in the act.

You have to be able to shut off the alarm systems.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
"What makes them military? Is it because they're black and have handles? Hurr durr...2nd amendment...hurr durr"

Seriously though, sounds like plain ol' theft of government property. I'd imagine if ISIS was going to break into a military armory they'd at least take more than a couple of M4's and pistol's. I mean...this is America...how hard is it to get a pistol in this country?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Sounds like an inside job, perhaps someone got fired recently and decided they wanted some extra money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join