It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stun Guns Are Useless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I personally tested one that was supposed to be a bad ass.
I have a friend that works for the UPS.
She carries a flash light with a stun gun that makes a very intimidating crackling sound.
I allowed her to pop me with it. Not only did it not immobilize me, it left me in a very pissed of state.

I give it a thumbs down. My right hook is a better less than lethal weapon.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

How long was that pop you speak of?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Check this out - a non-lethal gun called SALT, instantly causes respiratory and visual distress, incapacitating an individual but not killing him.

It is just coming into the market now.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
note to self: OP will require more than the taser. Might need chloroform also.

Stun guns, just pain compliance. Roddenberry envisaged it with klingon pain sticks.

Up up and aw.. wait, I mean Beam me Up scotty...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It's probably that stun gun in particular was useless for anything besides being a deterrent to attacker,s not actually used to incapacitate someone.

I have made tasers out of bug zappers that sound mean but only give you a small zap. Complete with a blue arc and all to accompany that horrific sound. But when turned on everyone cleared the room in fear of it.

I'm guessing that that stun flashlight,although high voltage, didn't have enough amperage to actually cause the kick you were expecting. Volts are really only to get through clothing and to give a pathway for the amps to do their job.

Here are some of the stun gun flashlights you were referring to.
www.thehomesecuritysuperstore.com...=38

And here is one that will knock you on your a**!
www.tbotech.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You should start a vblog showing the stunning and your reaction with a review of each device.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
You should tell my mate Barry that.
He was well pissed up and decided to have a go at a copper and they ended up tazering him.
He wet himself while on the floor and was then thrown in the back of a van while we all laughed.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Check this out - a non-lethal gun called SALT, instantly causes respiratory and visual distress, incapacitating an individual but not killing him.

It is just coming into the market now.

Don't trust the SALT stuff it is just a re-branded Tippman TiPX Pistol paintball pistol with pepper balls,I've been hit with a pepper ball(friend wanted to make a more fun version of paintball,so he bought riot balls),they are not very effective at stopping a threat,sure they sting you eyes but not as bad as other kinds of pepper spray,personally if you are going to go non-lethal load a shotgun with bean bag rounds or use an X26 taser(only taser worth a damn),because out of all the things that are non-lethal those are the only that will work effectively,trust me a know from being hit by them.The bean bag was from my friend not having the the safety on his shotgun and having butter fingers(thank goodness it was a bean bag or I might not be here today),my X26 taser experience is from my friend testing it out on me because I thought there is no way it would stop me cause other tasers we tried on each other haven't.He got the balls from the PD(he works there),its what they use during riots or prison escape attempts.(if lethal force isn't needed)
Your other options would be buying a 37mm grenade launcher and buying non-lethal ammo for it(very expensive),they have CS gas(tear gas,need gas mask or you'll regret it),and some type of rubber rocket thing(might be LEO only,not sure),there might be others but they aren't civilian legal.
edit on 15-11-2015 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
You should tell my mate Barry that.
He was well pissed up and decided to have a go at a copper and they ended up tazering him.
He wet himself while on the floor and was then thrown in the back of a van while we all laughed.

That would be because cops carry the X26 taser(only taser that works as advertised),and doesn't he know starting stuff with cops is never a good idea? He must not be the sharpest tool in the shed or even a tool in the shed.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

But not true of tasers/w prongs the police and licensed carriers can buy....nor is it true of electric cattle prods. Both will drop someone
edit on 15-11-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Add: In reference to real, full power, weapons grade sold in gun stores....tasers/stun/phasers. A CPL owner can get a police type here in Michigan if already having a concealed carry license.

Agreed if you meant just these flashlight-pen low power ones that implies its for a woman's safety....whereas real full stun "guns" carried by L.E....do work and achieve the desired effect.

edit on 15-11-2015 by mysterioustranger because: splg

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Stun guns are meant to be non-lethal weapons, thus there are safety regulations about them in order to make sure that they are not too harmful for the target.

Here is my personal experience about stun guns like devices :
My wife is veterinarian, she has a cattle-grade electric shocker that is likely to put a cow back on it's paws in a single shot ... That's the small model. There is also a forked spear model with external battery pack meant for slaughterhouse usage. No need to mention that the safety regulations on theses devices, that are meant for agricultural use, is not as thorough as for the stun guns sold as non-lethal weapons.
There is (at least here in Belgium) no restriction for buying these things unlike the 'classic' stun guns and no need to mention, they are way more powerful.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Heart of gold until he has a beer then everyones looking at him and giving him nasty looks.

top topics

join