It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Physicist says he got strong evidence that human mind is capable of influencing matter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A Brazilian particle-physicist is currently trying to crowdfund a research on the capabilities of the human-mind, because, according to him, during some experiments it was observed that human mediation “was” influencing a light double-slit.

So here’s the deal:

The ancient spiritual philosophies and science fiction movies, plus some specific lines of meditation, have long called attention to the relationship between mind and matter, between consciousness and the tangible universe. And the physicist Gabriel Guerrer, of St. Paul (Sâo Paulo), seems to be willing to bring the relationship to a new level, trying to prove scientifically that the human mind can influence matter.

According to Guerrer, the researcher Dean Radin of the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS), has developed a series of researches where a series of participants try to mentally influence the behavior of light in a double slit experiment. Contrary to the expected, the results were positive, notable that only participants with experience in meditation can accomplish the task.

“If this is really true, a scientific and cultural revolution awaits us," explains Gabriel. According to the physicist, if human intention has the ability to influence matter at distance, it will be noted that the current physics (elementary particles changing 4 kinds of forces in a space of four dimensions) is incomplete.

It is interesting that most cultures that have gone through this planet reported at least once that human-mind could harness nature at some extent. Not to mention the message that consciousness is something fundamental has been systematically delivered by ancient spiritual philosophies.

But for Gabriel, the only way to reach a firm conclusion on the subject is to bring questions to the lab, and that's what he intends to do. "I am proposing a replication of the USP Dr. Radin's experiment," says the researcher. The postdoctoral project was accepted in psychology from InterPSI group and held in partnership with a laboratory of physics, but needs financial support because of the pioneering nature of this research, which did not allow to fit it in conventional funding mechanisms.

I hope the dude finds the money he needs to conclude his postdoctorade research, it would be amazing to find out that I could say “May the force be with you.” Anytime.

Gabriel Guerrer is a PhD in physics from the Brazilian Center for Physics Research. He studied the physics of elementary particles, having actively participated in one of the particle accelerator LHC experiments (CERN laboratory, Switzerland ) He Currently leads a Postdoctoral research at the Psychology Institute of USP.

Source

edit on 14-11-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Of course the human brain can influence matter. We all emit electromagnetic radiations, may it be visible spectrum or spikes caused by nervous system interactions.

But then, the human hand also emits electromagnetic radiations which interacts with surrounding matter. And so does a horse. And a hummingbird. And a grain of sand. Oh, and an atom.

The question is, can we remotely control bodies bigger than the quantum scale without resorting to electromagnetism or gravitation? In other words, using only our thoughts?

I doubt it.

Edit:

Oh and remember that 50% rate success is no better than pure random chance. It can mean that only half of the participants are capable of harnessing their telekinetic psychic abilities, or it can simply mean that the participants actually have no psychic powers and thus cannot do better than chance.

Just a reminder.

edit on 14-11-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This guys claims to be able to influence the wind with his mind.

This guy has a lot of telekinesis videos pushing and pulling different objects with his mind.

another guy who can uses his mind to manipulate matter.

People have a hard time grasping that everything you see is actually your mind, reality is a projection of consciousness which is why group meditations reduce crime rates and things like telepathy and telekinesis are possible.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

This guy has a lot of telekinesis videos pushing and pulling different objects with his mind.

I spotted a typo in your statement. Here, let me correct it for you:

This guy has a lot of telekinesis videos pushing and pulling different objects with his mind hidden wires.

People have a hard time grasping that everything you see is actually your mind

If the universe stops existing when I stop seeing it, then how come it still exists after I blink?

edit on 14-11-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There definitely needs to be more mainstream scientific research in the area.

I am 100% convinced the powers that be have waged a war on our minds. They are afraid of people realizing how much influence they can have on reality through just their minds.

There's a reason they put a stigma on anyone trying to research this subject.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) is an American non-profit parapsychological[1] research institute. It was co-founded in 1973 by former astronaut Edgar Mitchell,[2][3][4] along with Wernher von Braun,[1] investor Paul N. Temple,[5] and others interested in purported paranormal phenomena,[1] in order to encourage and conduct research on noetic theory and human potentials.[6][7]

The institute conducts research on such topics such as spontaneous remission,[8][9] meditation,[8] consciousness, alternative healing practices, consciousness-based healthcare, spirituality, human potential, psychic abilities, psychokenesis[9] and survival of consciousness after bodily death.[10][11] The institute maintains a free database, available on the Internet,[2] with citations to more than 6,500 articles about whether physical and mental health benefits might be connected to meditation and yoga.[8]

Headquartered outside Petaluma, California, the organization is situated on a 200-acre (81 ha) campus that includes offices, a research laboratory and a retreat center (originally the campus of World College West.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
They have been operating for several decades and have yet to confirm any thing of value. They operate on donations and have spent many millions of dollars. All for naught. I wouldn't hold my breathe for them to make any breakthroughs in their studies. Most of the people involved are new age "scientists" who make a lot of claims that they cannot back up with hard data.
edit on 14-11-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

haha good one guy.

The reason the universe still exists when you blink is because you are connected in through your 5 senses. You still got touch taste smell and feel to get rid of.

Lose those sense and WILL go to another universe. Most people usually have to wait till death, but if you practice meditating you can have an OBE too.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Lose those sense and WILL go to another universe.

So blind people see another universe?

And I did lose all my senses once - I did faint a few years ago. Yet the universe was not destroyed.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

That video is a hoax. Dude stands in gusty wind filming the water and making like he's affecting the wind…lol.

He's framed the shot so you can't see the wind gusts coming from off camera.

Now I'm going to prove I have mind over matter by clicking off this thread…

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Lose those sense and WILL go to another universe.

So blind people see another universe?

And I did lose all my senses once - I did faint a few years ago. Yet the universe was not destroyed.

I'm sure you did go to another universe, you just don't remember cause you blacked out like a dream. Basically dreams are another universe/ reality/dimension.

This is what it means to say consciousness is multidimensional.

Consciousness is the carrier of your experience. Each individual is creating their own universe basically.

Blind people don't see. They feel and touch and taste and smell. And yes they are in and a part of our co created conscious reality we are all experiencing.

And yes when they dream they go to another dimension/reality/universe just like every conscious living thing.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It could be a hoax for sure. Not gonna deny that. Thats is why i said "he CLAIMS". But when they guy has hundreds of videos demonstrating the same thing, and is adamant about it being real? And has trained people to do the same thing?

Someone needs to scientifically study that! Thats what I'm saying. Study that guy, prove him real or prove him false, either way. Science need to study these specific people!

But science is afraid to study them because of the stigma i mentioned early, because of the war against our consciousness i mentioned earlier.

edit on 14-11-2015 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Someone needs to scientifically study that! Thats what I'm saying. Study that guy, prove him real or prove him false, either way, All these guys!

That video has been out forever. I don't need to see that guy do anything else, he's a fraud.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Multidimensional? You do know that a "dimension" is not the same as an "universe" or a "multiverse", right? Our own universe is "multidimensional" - that is, it is a 3+1 spacetime system.

How do you explain the fact that the universe existed before any forms of life (let alone consciousness) came to evolve?

God?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

There definitely needs to be more mainstream scientific research in the area.

I am 100% convinced the powers that be have waged a war on our minds. They are afraid of people realizing how much influence they can have on reality through just their minds.

There's a reason they put a stigma on anyone trying to research this subject.

I don't see you posting often Booya. Glad to see you're still with us.

As to TPTB waging war on our minds; Absolutely. It's called social engineering, and its been happening for a very long time. I'm sure they are afraid. But I think it's mostly a fear that enough people will see through their lies all at once, take back their personal power, and the gig will be up. Personally, I don't think they have much to worry about, but I'd sure like to be wrong about that.
edit on 11/14/2015 by Klassified because: error

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Oh you've personally met him and scientifically studied him already I see...

What experiments did you do to prove all of these guys to be hoaxers?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Oh, so now, people who do no bow down to this "the universe is the product of your imagination" nonesense are "fearful" and "controlled by TPTB"?

A weak argument, caused by pseudoscientific reasoning which doesn't hold up to logical analysis.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Multidimensional? You do know that a "dimension" is not the same as an "universe" or a "multiverse", right? Our own universe is "multidimensional" - that is, it is a 3+1 spacetime system.

How do you explain the fact that the universe existed before any forms of life (let alone consciousness) came to evolve?

God?

The universe itself is consciousness. Humanity is a vessel for fractalled consciousness to play in as individuals.

Sorry for confusing you with the word dimension. I do realize your definition of dimension. I was using it in a different way I guess. We will stick with reality for now. You ever tried to smoke d m t ? Thats what i mean by a different dimension. It's still overlapping our reality but theres another "dimension" to it.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Oh you've personally met him and scientifically studied him already I see...

What experiments did you do to prove all of these guys to be hoaxers?

I just addressed the first video because thats the one I am familiar with. Literally, listen to the wind strike the camera microphone, just two seconds before he begins to make that whooshing sound (for effect).

Right at the 1 minute mark.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The universe itself is consciousness. Humanity is a vessel for fractalled consciousness to play in as individuals.

The... "Universe"... is conscious. How convenient to shift the mechanism on something we will never fully explore anytime in the near future.

I do realize your definition of dimension.

It is not " my" definition, it is the actual definition, as can be demonstrated using Einstein's formulations or String Theory branes.

You ever tried to smoke d m t ? Thats what i mean by a different dimension. It's still overlapping our reality but theres another "dimension" to it.

No, I have never tried, nor will I ever. Hallucinations caused by the consumption of chemical substances are not acceptable evidences in an actual scientific debate.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

Oh, so now, people who do no bow down to this "the universe is the product of your imagination" nonesense are "fearful" and "controlled by TPTB"?

A weak argument, caused by pseudoscientific reasoning which doesn't hold up to logical analysis.

UHH yes. Mainstream science has historically pushed away and marginalized studies into these different areas of consciousness.

It's not that they are controlled by TPTB its that they don't get funding in these areas, and are ridiculed for even attempting to study these areas. Kinda like what you are doing right now.

They dismiss the evidence that consciousness has an effect on reality without even considering studying it. And the studies that do prove consciousness to have an effect on reality are never given much attention.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Tesla

Tell me Tesla's work is a hoax. Please
edit on 14-11-2015 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join