It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Confront Caitlyn Jenner: 'You're An Insult To Trans People'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Annee

So what!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a self-promoting jackass and now she is one as well. Jenner only cares about Jenner.

They want someone to speak to the challenges of being transgender? Find someone who is relatable and can generate empathy.

Again.

SO WHAT!

Jenner is providing the platform for others.

edit on 13-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
I think they have a point. Jenner is rich. She probably has loads of hollywood/L.A. uber-liberal friends that would have backed her if she had done the switch-up in secrecy. Or if the kardashians never became famous. How did they even get that horrible show? They must of had connections to start with.

Anyway, my point is that she was never in danger or at risk of anything. She is not courageous. Courage would be going transgender in a low-income community, where you have to ride the bus everyday and constantly get sh!t for being a he/she.

It's the glorification of rich and boring people. I don't understand it.

Or living in a conservative, small town on a day-to-day basis.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Annee

I like this girl better:
12-Year-Old Transgender Girl, Jazz Inspires Us All

Yes, but there is something really unique about Jenner because of her age.

A message of: "It's Never Too Late".

She could transform into a reptilian with 8 vaginas and 3 arms. Everybody would accept her because shes rich and famous. The media has her back.

The message of "it's never too late" isn't original or unique. It's been done before and in different ways. Learning piano at 70. Going to college as an old man. Ect..

The only message I see here, is the glorification of the famous and rich.

link   
Double Post - Opps
edit on 13-11-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

SO WHAT!

Because a movement trying to garner support and empathy needs to have someone advocating for them that is not a self-promoting jackass. Stop being purposefully obtuse.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well there are plenty of struggling older people who transitioned they could tap for this role. Do we really need Jenner for it? Wouldn't it be better to have a more down to earth person represent your group instead of a pseudo-celebrity reality tv star who could be doing this just for attention?

Really? Like who?

Who's already got world wide name recognition and a reality show - - - that was in the position as Jenner to take that next step?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Why does it have to be someone already famous? Celebrities tend to be vacuous wastes of space. I really don't like listening to their opinions, no matter HOW socially conscious they are.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

SO WHAT!

Because a movement trying to garner support and empathy needs to have someone advocating for them that is not a self-promoting jackass. Stop being purposefully obtuse.

NO.

They need the attention, recognition, and platform first.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

There is plenty of attention regarding trans issues. Jenner is a horrible representative.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You all can take it from here.

I made my points. I have no need to say more.

I don't do "circular".

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

But I didn't see an answer to the question why the person has to have established fame already. Are you trying to suggest that the media would be unable to propel an unknown to fame by solely reporting on them as the face of transgender?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why are so many of them homeless? Oh, experiencing homelessness.. oh, ok. That's not so bad then, everybody experiences a little homelessness now and then.

I'm worried these people are too caught up with their victim status to make any kind of real headway. Everybody's already pandering to these loudmouths, what more do they want? Isn't that what these people are always about? Being loud and getting attention? Talking in a stereotypical fashion.. they need to get right psychologically, being a victim all the time is tiring for the self esteem..

I liked gaiety back when it meant having a good time.. now I'm a little scared these people will attack me viciously for being "cisgender"(man these people really like making up words), privileged and oppressive.. luckily my kung-fu hasn't suffered with my age.

Also, 10 thousand a year ain't too bad. I could easily do that and even support a coc aine habit.. pimpin' ain't easy though.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly. As if we need more karadashians parading around the earth spreading their idiocy. Jenner gets 1000x more attention than any real problem will get by the media in a lifetime.

Jenner could use her platform to bring up some real issues. Earn some real respect. Instead she has a reality show where she sips expensive wine with her other transgender friends.

edit on 13-11-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So what!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a self-promoting jackass and now she is one as well. Jenner only cares about Jenner.

They want someone to speak to the challenges of being transgender? Find someone who is relatable and can generate empathy.

Again.

SO WHAT!

A platform of disdain for many would be supporters.

No one one wants a bloviating murderess as their spokesperson.

The T people have spoken.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's a shame really because it puts the spotlight on Jenner again for somehow being a cut above the rest. I can certainly sympathize with the protesters too because Jenner has certainly done nothing hard when compared to others within this same demographic.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

So what!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again.

SO WHAT!

A platform of disdain for many would be supporters.

No one one wants a bloviating murderess as their spokesperson.

The T people have spoken.

Since when do you support the Trans community?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

P.C. Principal says she is brave and beautiful.

On topic, they could have picked a thousand better examples then this fame-whoring jackass.

I am PC to an great extent. I think she is brave and beautiful (ish). But I don't think she has represented or spoken about transgender issues well or really any LGB issues well. Rich has nothing to do with it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It was a South Park reference from Episode I of this year. Watch it, you will immediately get the joke.

edit on 13-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

P.C. Principal says she is brave and beautiful.

On topic, they could have picked a thousand better examples then this fame-whoring jackass.

PC as in Pretty Clueless?

Beautiful??

Brave?? Ahahaha

Attention whore comes to mind, and .. oh I best not say anything, I'll get the "you hate tg people!!" crew on my back again.

When people use their fame in order to garner critical acclaim, while countless others far braver, stronger and resilient are ignored and shunned by the world, yeah, nah.. Bruce is an ugly bloke, and an uglier shiela...

Kardashians have so much to answer for...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It's the Karcrashian era...

And the people will be force fed these insipid creatures from here on out.
Representation or not.

Creatures being the Karcrashians, not T people.

Karcrashian !!!

and all the world is a rubber necking stage lol

so true!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join