It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Confront Caitlyn Jenner: 'You're An Insult To Trans People'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TWILITE22

originally posted by: Willtell

Actually, I don’t think Jenner actually had the sexual reassignment operation to become a woman, as of now Jenner is technically still a transvestite, I think not a transsexual.

thank you people are going off about this and don't even understand that he/she is not a woman in that sense,he/she still has men genitalia.She/he may want to dress as one but as of now he's only had breast implants.
and is still attracted to women.
I think there is far more to this story than what the press has said or for that matter what Jenner has said.

No, she is a woman. A transgender m/f woman.

Her brain, etc (all that tells us who we are) --- tells her she is a woman (in the wrong gender packaging).

Her sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

So a person whose brains tell them they are "Tom" "DIck" and "Harry" (as in a schizophrenia) should now be referred to as them, and seek rights and privileges...again I ask where will it all end?

It will end when you decide to educate yourself on the subject. Nobody who understands the basics of the issue would say the things that half the people on this thread have been saying. This isn't some whim nor is it about "feelings". Any person who has spent any sort of time looking it up (from actual recent medical sources, not Breitbart, Fox, or random Christian blogs) can tell you why it is absolutely ignorant to compare it with schizophrenia.

And you didn't even get schizophrenia right! Schizophrenia is not multiple personality disorder. You are making a comparison about a condition you know nothing about with another condition you also don't know anything about and your are confusing that one with another condition you know nothing about. Just stop it, people. It's sad and frustrating.

And to answer your question, if a person had multiple personality disorder, with the personalities of "Tom, Dick, and Harry", you would call him by the name of whatever personality he is at the moment. Unless you're just being a jerk, I don't know why you wouldn't. But, that doesn't matter because it has NOTHING to do with the OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

So in one instance the brain tells you something irregular (you are a girl) and it is real and the other instance the brains tells you another irregularity (you are more than one person) and its an hallucination. This person functioned perfectly as a Male for years, both physically and socially., excelling in a male dominant sport and also as a father figure. So anything happening now seems to be driven by a mental force possible cause by trauma as in the case of other mental disorders, including schizophrenia.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Look..like religion etc, anything one undertakes in the privacy of their own homes, hippy hooray I am all for it. When you attempt to shove controversial behavior out into the public be prepared for scrutiny and ridicule. I see the whole trans persons episode and the hypocrisy of it as lunacy of unimaginable proportions.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

First you don't know how She Functioned, if you read her Interviews you would see how long She has struggled with this and started taking Hormones in the 80's.

Trans people that Transition later in life have struggled to live how they thought was the only way to survive, maybe it may seem like they are "Functioning Perfectly Normal" but in reality it's a slow painful death

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor

Look..like religion etc, anything one undertakes in the privacy of their own homes, hippy hooray I am all for it. When you attempt to shove controversial behavior out into the public be prepared for scrutiny and ridicule. I see the whole trans persons episode and the hypocrisy of it as lunacy of unimaginable proportions.

Aaaaaaand there we go. No acknowledgment of you totally not understanding the subject matter at all. Just ignore that it was pointed out and start ranting on the next thing on your list, right?

As far as it being a public flavor of the month, who's doing that? Most transgender people want to stay under the radar. If you are basing it on a few of the trans celebrities, ask yourself why it's being "shoved". Any time a trans celebrity talks about their gender status, it is in response to something hateful or in interviews. Housing discrimination, employment discrimination, assault, rapes, murders, slurs, untruthful characterizations of the condition, etc... those are the reasons it is in the news so much right now.

If a transwoman walked into your shop and you called her a fag and refused to serve her, resulting in a media circus... is that her fault or yours? Why so much victim blaming?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I concede that i do not understand...and it is not for trying. However these issues only illuminate that the world has capsized into "Alice's rabbit hole", whereas a male is "she" and female is "he" and families now consists of persons of the same sex and people marrying "love dolls/sex toys" and on and on...and I am really confused. So I consulted an expert's opinion and this excerpt is exactly how I feel about trans gendered individuals:

“Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.”

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
“This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”

The transgendered person’s disorder, said Dr. McHugh, is in the person’s “assumption” that they are different than the physical reality of their body, their maleness or femaleness, as assigned by nature. It is a disorder similar to a “dangerously thin” person suffering anorexia who looks in the mirror and thinks they are “overweight,” said McHugh.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Oh golly! Not Dr. Paul McHugh again! What a joke!

This man's work and comments have been widely disputed and debunked to the point it should become an Internet meme.

Here's one of many places you can find more information about the good Dr. McHugh: LINK

Have a look at some of the real research links I posted in in this thread

Thanks for the chuckle!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Oh golly! Not Dr. Paul McHugh again! What a joke!

UGH!

Him and Regnerus --- and a few others.

I was reading a "science" report today. Of course, the team, were all doctors with PH.D.'s after their name.

I've been following this subject for awhile. Something didn't sound right in what I was reading. So, I researched the main PH.D. guy. He turned out to be a Creationist.

After awhile you can tell when you're reading BS.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Yeah it is. I'll refrain from commenting on the topic from now on, even though I'm not convinced by the research.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
a reply to: Freija

Yeah it is. I'll refrain from commenting on the topic from now on, even though I'm not convinced by the research.

With so much information for either side of a discussion available online, it all kind of becomes a moot point as far as I'm concerned. Do the causes or etiology of this really make a difference? Transgender and transsexual people exist. Why they do seems kind of irrelevant and I'm not quite sure why it does.

Beyond research, what is "convincing". Personal narratives, witnesses or those who's loved ones are transgender or is even that too subjective to have any merit?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join