It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Confront Caitlyn Jenner: 'You're An Insult To Trans People'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think it is a silly thing to protest and damaging to the cause. Caitlyn Jenner has a physiological issue that she was treated for, that is the mundane truth.

Every single amount of controversy surrounding her or other trans people are because others choose to stick with the cliches images of what they think transgender people are that they grew up with from movies, church, etc. If certain hate mongers didn't feel the need to constantly slur them, legally discriminate against them, misrepresent what the condition even is, and even murder them, you would probably never hear of transpeople speaking about trans issues and there would be no need for a spokesperson. It is the fault of bigotry that there is so much coverage on transgender issues right now. If not, Caitlyn Jenner would simply be another transwoman whose medical and gender status would be an afterthought to all the crap she does on reality tv.

People are stupid when it comes to placing a blanket opinion on a medical issue they know nothing about. This is the reason that I've seen posts on ATS that still think that schizophrenia is the same thing as multiple personality disorder. They believe that because of crap they watched growing up in some movie. Yet people will insist on a certain reality and will get several fact wrong just explaining their stance on the issue.

Bottom line, she is a bad spokesperson because of who she is. There are war hero transwomen, scientists, and engineer transfolk who would all make better spokespeople but they are overshadowed by a reality tv ex-athlete. But she's there and that is better than nothing. She is fulfilling a role in trying to educate and provide awareness surrounding the condition. Until somebody replaces her, she will unfortunately be the perceived face of trans people. But... it's better than having no face at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: toktaylor

HE...This person is a he, cross dresser perhaps, but still male as define by the term:

"a person bearing an X and Y chromosome pair in the cell nuclei and normally having a penis, scrotum, and testicles, and developing hair on the face at adolescence; a boy or man. "

No, it's a she.

no... its a HE. like the above post described.

if Jenner becomes ill and needs a transplant, or a treatment of which there is specifically a male and female procedures,

which do you think Jenner will choose.

Ambiguity will vanish pretty quick i think.

--

LEgally after re assignment he is she now if she has the proper documentation. most of the time when you get re assigned you normally get some parts removed as well.

By basing someone's sexual identity on gender reassignment surgery alone, you discriminate against people who are not candidates due to HIV, hepatitis C, their ability to pay for the surgery, and their access to a willing surgeon. Who knows what Caitlyn has going on with regard to gender reassignment, but if she wants to live her life as a woman, I don't see any good reason to make it more difficult for her.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
Is this the same person who was declared woman of the year? That's an insult to real women.

She is a real woman goddamn it. In her mind. He has no vagina and she has a dick...dick... dickens of a time finding 6 inch stilettos in her size.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This lady fixed the
wrong plumbing that nature gave
her; she is no saint.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
This lady fixed the
her; she is no saint.

I hate plumbing... and carpentry, now electrical work seems interesting, but nothing beats being a bureaucrat.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Annee
What I have to say is: DON'T BE STUPID!!!!!!!

Yeah, sure - - she is not the best representative - - - but so what!

She is reaching millions of people and helping them understand what transgender is.

She is helping millions of people accept those who don't have the voice and platform.

I do think the way the law is treating her is unfair. If I had caused that accident, I would have had to face consequences, . . .

I'm not so sure. The area where the accident happened is a "tight" coastal mountain "road" more then it is a HWY. Lots of accidents happen on that stretch of road. You just don't hear about them. Jenner was not speeding or under the influence. But, he was pulling a loaded trailer that made it more difficult to stop. His celebrity may have been a detriment in how he was treated in this case.

edit on 13-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I never underestimate people using any opportunity to attack Trans people or anyone form the GLBTQ+ community. people always manage to show their true colors as this topic and the many ones GLBTQ+ related have proven time and time again...

Misusing Pronouns on purpose, calling her "Fake" and not a real "Trans Woman", does it make you feel better to belittle people and to attack any of us? is that what makes yo feel like you have "Freedom" to use it for hate?..

if you need to attack anyone from the GLBTQ+ community just to boost your own ego, i'm sorry

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

People like that are going to hate whoever is popular to hate. In the past, these same people would have been vile racists (some still are if their posts are any indication).

Disenfranchisement + low IQ = scapegoat hunting. It does make them feel better. About themselves, about their positions in life, and about their threatened masculinity.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
This lady fixed the
her; she is no saint.

Who said she is a saint?

There were 25 women who received this award. None of them are saints.
edit on 11/14/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

They could have picked anyone but they picked Caitlyn. What grounds do these protesters have to reject her legitimacy? Success? Wealth?

Possible vehicular manslaughter?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

HE...This person is a he, cross dresser perhaps, but still male as define by the term:

"a person bearing an X and Y chromosome pair in the cell nuclei and normally having a penis, scrotum, and testicles, and developing hair on the face at adolescence; a boy or man. "

No, it's a she.

if Jenner becomes ill and needs a transplant, or a treatment of which there is specifically a male and female procedures,

--

LEgally after re assignment he is she now if she has the proper documentation. most of the time when you get re assigned you normally get some parts removed as well.

By basing someone's sexual identity on gender reassignment surgery alone, you discriminate against people who are not candidates due to HIV, hepatitis C, their ability to pay for the surgery, and their access to a willing surgeon. Who knows what Caitlyn has going on with regard to gender reassignment, but if she wants to live her life as a woman, I don't see any good reason to make it more difficult for her.

I agree. im just stating how the State sees them under the law. And seeing as how I am gender dysphoric and want to change one day when i can afford it i kinda have a perspective on it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It doesn't bother me one bit because I couldn't care less. I've seen practically every biological woman call this an insult to them though.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

a reply to: reldra

It doesn't bother me one bit because I couldn't care less. I've seen practically every biological woman call this an insult to them though.

What women would that be?

I'm a biological woman who thinks she's very courageous.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I say good on them. Jenner is a attention whore and also a killer.

She makes a mockery of the whole issue.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

She is reaching millions of people and helping them understand what transgender is.

She is helping millions of people accept those who don't have the voice and platform.

She also killed a person.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Women who actually thought he was courageous indeed, suddenly thought it was an insult to name a person "woman of the year" who officially has been a woman for three months.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

She also killed a person.

She was involved in a multi-car traffic accident that resulted in a death.

I've driven that area. It's treacherous. Lots of accidents happen there. If she wasn't a celebrity, I doubt you would have even heard about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

No, it's a she.

--

I agree. im just stating how the State sees them under the law. And seeing as how I am gender dysphoric and want to change one day when i can afford it i kinda have a perspective on it.

Ah! I totally missed your point then!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Women who actually thought he was courageous indeed, suddenly thought it was an insult to name a person "woman of the year" who officially has been a woman for three months.

I don't.

Only those who don't support or choose not to understand transgender ---- don't understand she has been a woman since birth. Trapped in the wrong gender body.

Are you a biological woman?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I don't.

Only those who don't support or choose not to understand transgender ---- don't understand she has been a woman since birth. Trapped in the wrong gender body.

Are you a biological woman?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join