It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 'Off-Planet' Mining Bill, US Congress Seeks to Privatize Outer Space

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
the bumper sticker on the back of my truck
"Earth first, we'll mine the other planets later"
www.localgeographic.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Dude, we still have plenty of junk and untapped resources for centuries, even insomuch as to build bases on the Moon as a ralley point and refining station (so as to save our Terran land and water from harmful chemical pollution). More than enough Helium 3 on the Moon surface to get the mining and shuttle equipment going over a decade. I suggest we begin with ice and precious metals of course. Got to finance the project with something after all. The ice we take directly to bases to expand the potable water available for staff and crew.

Good 'ol Helium-3 , maybe you will lead our way into space in the 22nd century.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

This news article is refreshing. When I tried to tell people about the rockets and space builds they wrote me off as a lunatic. But it is happening and I hope the YouTube video satellites artificiais is still available to see full stop there is no way with the technology that is given can send an entire space station into orbit from Earth full stop that is why they send a lot of smaller components into orbit. That's why there is a phrase called Space Race. They have learnt that whoever has the biggest space has the most power over the globe. has the most power over the globe.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

This news article is refreshing. When I tried to tell people about the rockets and space builds they wrote me off as a lunatic. But it is happening and I hope the YouTube video satellites artificiais is still available to see full stop there is no way with the technology that is given can send an entire space station into orbit from Earth full stop that is why they send a lot of smaller components into orbit. That's why there is a phrase called Space Race. They have learnt that whoever has the biggest space has the most power over the globe. has the most power over the globe.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Since when did reckless arrogance predict sanity?

When belief in the absurd became fashionable.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Really? Even after all the released and formerly top secret documents stating the contrary, that unknown species of humanoid life are here in our solar system, sometimes crashing, interfering with nuclear missile launch codes and functions, and doing so in many documented instances of interfering with most every military installation on the planet, you categorically state that you know for certain and they aren't here?

There is so much derp there it is almost unfathomable. 'Secret documents'? 'Unknown species'? 'Crashing' and 'interfering with launch codes'?

People like you are why people like me do not take the subject of possible intelligent extra-terrestrial life seriously.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well maybe they dont realize its not other beings but just our secret black space program and its weapons tech program.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I often though that my bigfoot encounters could be the usa but it does not explain all past incidents or justify the use of resources that are best used elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
SO here is how I think it can get rolling by 2050. I think at some point before 2020 (I am trying to be optimistic) NASA will make a decision on some new shuttle or craft design that will seek the most qualified bidder to make initial prototypes. It will be about seven years until realization from bidding to a proven and demonstrated prototype. So now we are on the tail end of the 2020's, lets just say 2027.

Virgin Galactic will pitch in and the ESA and other private ventures hopefully with agreeing to a list of standards to streamline across the board for the industry. This ensure that any craft and/or parts built by the likes of Boeing, Lockheed, Airbus will be interchangeable and compatible with hardware and software designed and produced by Cisco, Microsoft, LG, Samsung, Nvidia etc etc.. so long as it is within that industry regardless of which factory it was made in as long as it follows the standards.

Ltes give that 3 -5 years more eh??

Now that all the bureaucracy is out of the way (jeez it only takes like twenty years), we partner up with the mining and energy sector who have already been studying technology and methods for harvesting the Helium 3 on the moon in anticipation of the day when government and industry clear the regulatory hurdles. By 2040 the first generation of mining and maintenance equipment is landed on the moon to begin simply storing all the harvested energy supply. This will be utilized by the next generation of equipment to be landed hopefully within the decade. I would like to believe the urgency and seriousness of the space age will finally be on everyday peoples minds again enough to ensure speedy expectations (especially with shareholder meetings and quarterly earnings targets to be hit)

The second generation mining equipment will be more efficient and faster with the information gathered from the years in service, and even begin with modest surface dwellings and processing wings. At that point we will have entered the 2050's and the ball is now rolling to launch beta missions into the asteroid belt with unmanned systems.

Now I am only fearful of the progress that our rivals in the East will get ahead of us considering they are less in debt to foreign entities and have more assets and less generational obligations to meet. Not to mention they have closed the technology gap lead we have maintained for the last few decades in regards to capabilities and production capacity. Not necessarily measured by access to the citizens of course.

Damn man I am so excited I think I want to right a story on this very topic based on the timeline through the end of the century.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab

I often though that my bigfoot encounters could be the usa but it does not explain all past incidents or justify the use of resources that are best used elsewhere.

Actually the big foots are gentically modified creatures the US government tried to develop for bio weapons. German scientist helped them create them. the programs most likely been scrapped due to their ability to escape entrapment.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Please stop complaining about this.

They won't ever.

The church of climatology will rebrand itself in to the church of cosmology.

Instead of chanting Save the planet. They will be shouting Save the solar system.

Then the pundits will come along, and say green house gases are rising in the vacuum of space, and all the other rubbish they are saying now on terra firma.

I agree with you though.

The future of mankind lays out there among the stars. Our future will be made with rocket engineering, and not the social engineering.

And not the crap private business critics are spewing.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I posted that in the wrong place I had a few too many beer the other night.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Nobody should get worked up over this. Tptb and bankers won't let any major quantities of anything back to earth. That would lower the value of terrestrial 'precious' things!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hard to say. At least we won't see anything to do with the outcome in our lifetime. My theory is they didn't go to the moon. They do have crafts that can go there but that tech isn't public. Public tech can't get a person to the moon. If it could they'd already have condo's for sale there by now.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Item 4, the mass of the planet changes daily, with approximately 100 tons daily of meteor's and dust falling on its surface.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The labor theory of property and its codification in space law can keep this to not a big deal. The land becomes whomever's by working said land. Not by landing and planting a flag.

I don't get why this is scary. This likely won't effect any of us. Keeping other space objects pristine and untouched by them evil capitalist is an idiotic mindset.
Getting large amounts of people and capital into space raises the standard of living for everyone.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join