It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like Aliens more than I like GOD(S) - Am I wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
From "Forge of God":

“We've been sitting in our tree chirping like foolish birds for over a century now, wondering why no other birds answered. The galactic skies are full of hawks, that's why. Planetisms that don't know enough to keep quiet, get eaten.”

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

The reason you don't hear EM transmissions from other civilizations is that any civilization that starts announcing itself is immediately destroyed.

It would be naive to assume that aliens are nice.

I agree. Unless you consider replacing us on our own planet to be "nice".

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

How are you so sure of this? Despite all the people on here who claim to have seen aliens, I am now a skeptic. For years I was convinced, but, the last 5 years of convincing debunking has left me very skeptical. I doubt there are more than 5 - 10 technological civilizations in our galaxy. Given the vast size of our galaxy, the nearest one is likely thousands of light years away. I am not too worried about aliens. Rather, I would guess civilizations become interstellar when their survival depends on it. They are not likely to want to start a war to conquer a world. Rather, they have probably been identifying candidates for centuries. When the time comes, they populate several to give them the best chance of survival and so on.

Perhaps that is naive, but, it seems more and more plausible. I am hoping in the next 10 years we positively identify habitable planets within 150 light years. But, likely they will have plant and maybe complex animal life, but that is all. One fish in the oceans of Europa would be fantastic even if unlikely. But the sky full of predators, sorry don't believe it.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dougie6665

Rather, I would guess civilizations become interstellar when their survival depends on it.
Every civilization's survival depends on it. Every planet dies, sooner or later, as does every stellar system.

Exploration is not necessarily undertaken as a means of survival. In the case of exploring our planet, most of it was driven by economics.

But without exploration, civilization will indeed, end.
edit on 11/10/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I just know I feel different when I watch "possible/probable" movies/TV of space travel, such as Startrek.

Not stupid, Sci-Fi or horror ---- only those that are "possible/probable".

I feel like I belong there, not here.

Nothing else affects me that way.

I personally prefer the term "off planet beings".

edit on 11-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

No I don't think you're wrong. Next sentence and that mean
Some people referred to people with disabilities as aliens. Next line my friend had anirdia and many people thought she was an alien black eyed kid. We that we're not perfect called the perfect ones gods

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dougie6665

How are you so sure of this?

The options to Fermi's paradox solutions are few. You have to either posit that the sort of life that can and does produce technical devices is so very rare that all of them are distant beyond our ability to detect. Or that life itself is that rare. Or that everyone else discovers some other form of communication that we don't know about, and they ALL do it, and they ALL do it from the dawn of their technology, or, as Bear would have it, you don't hear them because the ones that made enough noise were eradicated, and their period of happy radio emission was brief.

But the sky full of predators, sorry don't believe it.

In "Anvil of Stars", you find out that there was one advanced spacefaring civilization quite some distance away that decided it was their manifest destiny to eradicate all other technological species they could find. So they built von Neumann replicating probes that spread through this arm of the galaxy, waiting, listening, and when they found such a civilization, they dealt with it.

eta: personally, I think we are a rarity. I believe you will find lots of life, but it's going to be lichens and single celled things you'll scratch your head about what it is.
edit on 11-11-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: intrptr

The reason you don't hear EM transmissions from other civilizations is that any civilization that starts announcing itself is immediately destroyed.

Ermmm, Earth TV signals are over fifty years out. If they can handle I Love Lucy, they can't be too 'alien'.

They haven't arrived to deal with us…yet.

Speak for yourself, I've seen one of their flying things. They monitor us so we don't destroy the garden… yet.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

From "Forge of God":

“We've been sitting in our tree chirping like foolish birds for over a century now, wondering why no other birds answered. The galactic skies are full of hawks, that's why. Planetisms that don't know enough to keep quiet, get eaten.”

We're listening to space through Conch shells. And as far as intelligence, two vegetables in a garden debating if gardeners exist.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Maybe aliens are our 'gods?'

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cosmic911

Maybe aliens are our 'gods?'

I personally think that is very possible.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Ermmm, Earth TV signals are over fifty years out. If they can handle I Love Lucy, they can't be too 'alien'.

Speak for yourself, I've seen one of their flying things. They monitor us so we don't destroy the garden… yet.

They aren't here 'monitoring' us, they used abductees to create hybrid human/aliens that look like us but have their abilities and their slavish hive mind. They are simply supplanting us. Their only concern with our environment is making sure they inherit a nice planet.

And you all slept right through it, congratulations.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

They aren't here 'monitoring' us, they used abductees to create hybrid human/aliens that look like us but have their abilities and their slavish hive mind. They are simply supplanting us. Their only concern with our environment is making sure they inherit a nice planet.

And you all slept right through it, congratulations.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I personally don't believe aliens are what we classically referred to as "Gods". It's possible that some alien encounters worked their way into the polytheistic religions of the past (European polytheism) and present (Hinduism), or perhaps even our current monotheistic religions. But I think it's a bit short sighted to try and say they exclusively are responsible for the notion of Gods. Man has been animistic and shamanistic since pre-history, and was so across essentially all cultures. Most of their spirits and Gods of times past were anthropomorphic, and that really doesn't fit with any sort of extraterrestrial deity. Yes in some cases like Sagan's ancient fish deity of Mesopotamia being extraterrestrial could be but it's a bit of a stretch to think that every jaguar, wolf, or ibis God was just a misrepresented extraterrestrial.

To add: many religious systems had domains that Gods and Goddesses were responsible for, and it doesn't seem to fit with extraterrestrials. These domains were in more metaphysical realms as opposed to physical domains - you have a God of love, a Goddess of beauty, a God of justice. It's hard to try and fit that in to extraterrestrials or anything living. To me it seems a bit condescending actually. I think all religions, no matter how primitive have valid insights, and to try and write off ancient religions just because you think you can explain them in a materialistic viewpoint means that must have been true, whereas our religions now are true and not reducible to those things is irritating. Unless of course you want to say that all religions have material origins, in which case I don't see the problem with that.
edit on 11-11-2015 by somnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: trueskepticnumberone

They aren't here 'monitoring' us,

Well they ain't landing at airports and taking in the sights. You watch too much TV. The one craft I saw was indeed monitoring. iIt flew right down the valley bisecting it, the impression I had was it was recording, everything. Industry, biomass, energy, pollution, everything. Just like one of our space probes when it passes a planet or moon. It runs past it, collecting as much data as possible.

(imo)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well they ain't landing at airports and taking in the sights. You watch too much TV. The one craft I saw was indeed monitoring. iIt flew right down the valley bisecting it, the impression I had was it was recording, everything. Industry, biomass, energy, pollution, everything. Just like one of our space probes when it passes a planet or moon. It runs past it, collecting as much data as possible.

(imo)

Any species advanced enough to make it here would be able to do all that from space quite easily, just as we can. There would be no need to even enter the atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

(imo)

Yes, that is your opinion, to which you are entitled. Sadly, their activities go far beyond "monitoring".

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

(imo)

Any species advanced enough to make it here would be able to do all that from space quite easily, just as we can. There would be no need to even enter the atmosphere.

Yes, the aliens, which you don't even believe are here, should behave exactly the way you think they should. Sheesh.

Guess they didn't get your memo.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: trueskepticnumberone

(imo)

Yes, the aliens, which you don't even believe are here, should behave exactly the way you think they should. Sheesh.

I don't recall ever stating that they should behave in any particular matter. It stands to reason, however, that if they have the technology to even find us, let alone make it here, that they would be entirely capable of collecting the aformentioned data in ways that are at least comparable to our current, relatively less advanced methods.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: trueskepticnumberone

(imo)

I don't recall ever stating that they should behave in any particular matter. It stands to reason, however, that if they have the technology to even find us, let alone make it here, that they would be entirely capable of collecting the aformentioned data in ways that are at least comparable to our current, relatively less advanced methods.

It stands to your reason, I understand that, I heard you the first time. Yet it is simply foolish to assume an alien race would do what you would do.

We can understand these aliens only from what we observe and experience.
edit on 11-11-2015 by trueskepticnumberone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join