It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Missouri proves racial hypocrisy on Universities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

what facts? Oh, you must mean the poignant observations that the president brought up in his resignation speech? Hogwash, he is just kneetowing to black people to make himself look gracious in defeat.

Besides, what person is going to believe that there is any kind of racial hostility at a liberal college campus, America has voted for a black president for crying out loud.

Those black kids need to do something constructive, like learn their academics and get a good job so they can integrate with mainstream America. Having a black president and cnn polls prove that white folks are discriminated against far more than black people, black folks are just way too sensitive nowadays, jeez

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Well, the "white" president of the university admitted racism was rampant on campus - that's not good enough for you? I know you don't want to believe the black people, but surely you would believe the white ones?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Watching the video, via Twitter, of Tim Tei (the student freelance photographer, working for ESPN, being denied the opportunity to chronicle the Mizzou quad tent city) I am stunned by the BLATANT RACISM against Tei. With all deference to his specific ethnicity, that he, as AN ASIAN MINORITY was pushed, shoved, yelled at, yelled over, and generally threatened. Why was THAT permitted? He was bullied by both Black and White students, faculty and staff.

Now what if Tei was Black, and a majority White, Asian crowd did the same to him or her?

What if Tei was Muslim? Or outed Gay? Or Transgendered?

Why can the Asian man be belittled, abused, dismissed?

As in Aminal Farm...some animals are much more equal.

LINK TO THE VIDEO->

youtu.be...
edit on 10-11-2015 by Glinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda

As in Aminal Farm...some animals are much more equal.

Are you arguing here for against White Privilege? Since you note that he was pushed by a White person?

I personally find mistreatment of anyone equally disturbing. Did the students call out Tei's race?

Can you link the video you're referring to so that we can also evaluate it?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Well, the "white" president of the university admitted racism was rampant on campus - that's not good enough for you? I know you don't want to believe the black people, but surely you would believe the white ones?

He never stated any instances of racism.

No one in their right mind will accept these claims without proof.

I personally want to believe the claims but zero proof has been givin.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Here is the Link-> youtu.be...

The ugly truth is "different" variations of student media would have been, in the PC pecking order of today's enlightenment, would have been treated different.

Somebody prove me wrong...because if the "media" was Hispanic, working for Telemundo; a Muslim photographing for Al Jazeera; what would the PC reaction be? Would they have pushed? Gotten in THEIR face?

I stand by "some animals are more equal than others."

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

In his statement on Friday, he clearly stated that racism DID exist on campus, and that it was a long-standing systemic problem. Just because he didn't list out every single instance doesn't mean it didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That means absolutely zero.

He could have said there was a man in the moon and you would take his word for it.

I do not understand how in making the claim you are ignoring the fact that this pres. was being held hostage and was givin a list of demands.

What would you be willing to say if there were a group of black people dancing around a fire and doing chants in your honor?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

yea some animals are dogs and some are roosters.

either way they were all fed

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

What you say means absolutely zero as well.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I was walking with my son through the upscale high school a few years back and my son was being tainted by some kids of another race. They must have thought I was a teen or something (lol is all I can say about that ) and so I whipped around and demanded.....if you have something to say say it to me... Shut em up real fast . High fences around this school make a fast escape difficult. This admin was supposed to heal all this stuff and it's escalated. How sad and unnecessary. Disclaimer that incident happened in the bush admin but things have gotten much worse. My personal belief is that we are all children of God and equal on His eyes and that we all have the universal spark of life within....when are we all going to play nice...
edit on 10-11-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

In his statement on Friday, he clearly stated that racism DID exist on campus, and that it was a long-standing systemic problem. Just because he didn't list out every single instance doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Do you believe him because the statement is credible? Could there be some confirmation bias going on here?

To be clear: i know nothing about daily life at Mizzou. I know that there is a racial powder keg in Ferguson. And, based on the facts thus far, I know that this was all predicated on "someone" yelling insults from a moving vehicle. There is no person named....just "someone". There isn't anything beyond anecdotes indicating their validity. But now this man is out of a job. Not for what he did...but for what "someone" is reported to have done.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Okay, you've got students - black and white - who say racism exists on campus. You've got faculty members who admit racism exists on campus. Now you have the president of the university saying that racism has been a problem. I haven't seen anything from anyone on campus saying that all of this is outright lies and that there is actually zero racism.

At what point are you guys going to believe that racism exists on this campus? Apparently never.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

At what point are you guys going to believe that racism exists on this campus? Apparently never.

The sun revolves around the earth.

Many have said it so it must be true.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Okay, you've got students - black and white - who say racism exists on campus. You've got faculty members who admit racism exists on campus. Now you have the president of the university saying that racism has been a problem. I haven't seen anything from anyone on campus saying that all of this is outright lies and that there is actually zero racism.

racism exists everywhere.

but i'd be interesting in specifics. You know, since a man was forced to resign. If you have some specific details that arise beyond anecdotes and vague references of "someone" i am happy to read them. I would be unsurprised, honestly..but would still like to see it. At least before I support someone being forced to resign.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ok let us try to view this from a different angle.

The angle of healing and the angle of doing things different.

The general claim of racism without any instances can never have its proper place in the regrowth process if no instances of racism is ever unearthed.

Without something to point to as being the wrong way how can we know the right way?

What possible changes could come from a claim that has no physical actions in real life.
edit on 10-11-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

One should really be intellectually curious enough to ask for examples.

And to withhold slavishly supporting generic, personal, subjective claims....until you have them.

Failure to do so shows limitations.

Isn't it funny that the purveyor of the racism accusations......is the only one suggesting that somebody should at least believe the white story. That's despicable at face value !

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Let's take a look at these students and faculty shall we?

Explain to everyone why these people deserve any credibility for what they claim.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Nobody should say that racism doesn't exist, that would be ludicrous. It will always be out there in some form or amount.

The question is.....where's the racism that justifies chasing these people out of their jobs ?

You really need to show us that, lol, not just empty vague claims.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Yeah, they acted like jack-asses toward the reporters. Not sure why ... seems to me they would want coverage of their protest?

Why do you think it's racial though?

I didn't hear anyone making racial slurs. Did you? Can you point to the time in the recording when that happens?

You seem to be the only one focusing on the reporter's race, honestly.

Why is that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join