It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Missouri proves racial hypocrisy on Universities

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteMale

What other explanations would there be, pray?

Don't be shy.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Which part of the repeatedly listed episodes do you not find racially motivated or hateful?

The swastika? People screaming racial epithets at other people?

Are you saying those are okay with you?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Those folks are mental!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

You're for freedom of the press but against freedom of speech? LOL.

Or are you saying speech should only be credible when you agree with the claims?

What are you saying exactly?

EDIT: Let me say in regard to the video, I can't agree with the actions of the individuals confronting the two reporters/photographers.

I'm not sure why they would do that, or why they wouldn't want coverage of their protest.

Poor behavior, certainly.
edit on 14Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:23:18 -060015p0220151166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: WhiteMale

What other explanations would there be, pray?

Don't be shy.

For them not getting into college? The original question I answered.

Maybe they don't have the grades.

Shocking, I know.

Funny a moderator is trying to bait people.
edit on 10-11-2015 by WhiteMale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Which part of the repeatedly listed episodes do you not find racially motivated or hateful?

it is all unfounded.

you have zero proof that anyone yelled anything racial and zero proof that any Nazis or Nazi symbols were there.

from the looks of things they made it all up

it amazes how some need no evidence when it comes to events like this but just mention religion then suddenly the no evidence claim holds water.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Okay, you've got students - black and white - who say racism exists on campus. You've got faculty members who admit racism exists on campus. Now you have the president of the university saying that racism has been a problem. I haven't seen anything from anyone on campus saying that all of this is outright lies and that there is actually zero racism.

At what point are you guys going to believe that racism exists on this campus? Apparently never.

Yes, well, because on email in which a campus advisor suggested that maybe students could sort out what Halloween costumes are and are not appropriate amongst themselves without faculty guidance ... racism is also now "rampant" at Yale spurring marches and demonstrations.

So these things have been known to blow up from nothing.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So ... in your mind then, what's going on at Yale is the same as what's going on at Missouri?

I want to make certain I'm understanding you here.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You're for freedom of the press but against freedom of speech? LOL.

Or are you saying speech should only be credible when you agree with the claims?

What are you saying exactly?

They acted like toddlers. That is why they don't deserve any credibility.

Or is shoving yourself into another person and then telling that person not to push you not childish behavior?

I support free press and free speech. Though the only one of those I see being attacked is free press.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

And what part of those incidents demanded the ouster of the President and Chancellor? There isn't even a police report on the two racial epithets. There's no description of the people who yelled, no license plates, etc. What, pray tell, are the President and Chancellor supposed to do if there isn't anything for COPS to go on? For all we know, these aren't even students who yelled. We're making that assumption because the person who reported the incidents did.

As for the swastika, we have the same issue. And we know all students now have to undergo mandatory sensitivity training.

As for the cotton balls and the frat guy ... the cotton ball crew did a whole host of stupid drunken stuff on campus and were caught and punished right away and the frat guy was expelled the next day.

So the ones who could be caught were punished right away, and the one incident that could be conclusively linked to student body occasioned sensitivity training for all.

And for the rest ... there doesn't seem to be much that can be done.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Are you saying that President Wolfe didn't know what was going on at the university?

President Wolfe is the one who made the statement in question.

He's not to be trusted either?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

So ... in your mind then, what's going on at Yale is the same as what's going on at Missouri?

Same outraged, childish behavior on the part of the students, yes.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

it is all unfounded.

you have zero proof that anyone yelled anything racial and zero proof that any Nazis or Nazi symbols were there.

from the looks of things they made it all up

it amazes how some need no evidence when it comes to events like this but just mention religion then suddenly the no evidence claim holds water.

lol, beat me to it. "The part where anybody saw it besides the story teller, and the little who-when-where-how thing"

Apparently, nobody has to detail, document, prove, verify, or show anything anymore. Just say it happened and make demands.

Well, that is the AGW template after all.

You have to really like his final clincher - if you ask for proof......"racism is OK with you". What a hoot.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Haven't you been reading along? The charge against President Wolfe was that he had ignored the situation.

He admitted that he hadn't acted as he should have. He knows more about the situation than I do.

Do you think you know more about the situation than he does?

Do you know anything about the validity of the reports aside from that you don't want to believe them?

I think most people prefer not to give up as easily as you seem to on improving racial relations, Ketsuko ... you don't mind if we keep trying, do you?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Same outraged, childish behavior on the part of the students, yes.

You're referring to the video?

Or the entire situation?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Apparently, nobody has to detail, document, prove, verify, or show anything anymore. Just say it happened and make demands.

This has all been repeatedly provided here.

Are you having trouble understanding what you're reading?

Tell us which part and we'll try to help.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm bringing Tim Tai's ethnicity into this because this entire story has race as its "cause" as every bend and turn.

Tai is Asaian. He was trying to cover a protest started by the "N" word being yelled at a 7 year Mizzou student (yes--taking classes for SEVEN long YEARS in that den of racism, with no consideration of moving to another academic environ). This caused a hunger strike by the 7 year student (tho other than the "N" word, being "heard" no one seems to know WHY he is on a hunger strike except "white privilege."). Toss in cotton balls strewn somewhere on campus; a very few more utterances of the "N" word (only one of which was substantiated and THAT student was dismissed) and EVERYTHING is some sort of "micro or macro" agression of racism.

I question the ease with which, in such a racially fueled scene, a MINORITY student journalist could be so easily singled out.

I'll ask again, knowing pretty much the answer, would a Gay, transgendered or lesbian photographer been pushed and shoved?

Would a headscarf wearing student freelancer for Al Jazeera be encircled?

How about an Hispanic photographer for Telemundo?

There is solidarity with minorities and then there is subvert, soft racism of the PC pecking order.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Please give me a link to names, dates, photos, police reports on the dates they happened, and so on.

They don't exist. All that exists are stories (and demands), and you happily agreeing with the stories because they align with your beliefs.

That's not hard to understand at all.

And don't just link us to some other guy who tells the same unproven story lol, as you do for Carson.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

false claims once again

you have proven nothing other than your own racism bleeding through your post

you seem like the person running away after someone says ghost

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, apparently it all started because he didn't issue a Ferguson statement. I'm not really sure why he needed to as the incident didn't happen in Columbia and didn't involve any of his students, faculty or staff.

At that point, the campus then became a place of "systemic racism." Similar to what is happening at Yale.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join