It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins Conspiracy, A Master Deception!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

You mean you're waiting to be avenged.

No, it has nothing to do with being avenged, and everything to do with the real truth of our existence being vindicated.

Like God I don't want anybody to die, or be hurt, what I want is what God wants, for him to be acknowledged as the sovereign and creator of the universe, and Satan as his arch enemy.
And modern humanistic slander foisted upon God to stop.
And for the evolutionary world view to be crushed as flat as the flat earth theory.

It really is that simple.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
A fascinating case of...... world view cogitative dissonance right there in that statement.

How so? Belief in god is not required to believe in the soul, afterlife or certain supernatural events. That's a simple fact, many folks have atheistic belief systems that involved all of that but not god. Buddhism is a big one.

And for the evolutionary world view to be crushed as flat as the flat earth theory.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's never going to happen with all the evidence in its favor. I'm open minded to the idea of god, but let's be realistic here. The dude ain't what the bible described or he'd have come out and said hello by now.

My question to you is, why is this part of it so important for you? If what you say is true and this cleansing of the planet is going to happen, then why is it critical for evolution to be wrong? Why would it upset you if god used evolution to create?

edit on 11 13 15 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Why would it upset you if god used evolution to create?

Because he believes we're made from dirt, not evolved from apes.

We are special.

edit on 11-13-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Barcs

Not true. You can believe in spirits other other supernatural phenomena without believing in god. You seem to think that atheists automatically believe in nothing at all ever. That isn't the case, they just don't believe in a god or deity. Even if the Ouji experience is real it does nothing to prove god.

A fascinating case of...... world view cogitative dissonance right there in that statement.
I am so looking forward to the special events that force even the most ardent die hard atheist to admit otherwise as the bible says God is going to make it happen just to prove the point at the very end.

I like replies like this. They accomplish nothing and provide no new information upon which to draw conclusions, but they entertain and amuse nonetheless.

The theological noncognitivist in me looks forward to these special events as well; it would be nice to have some logical coherence given to the claims of those who espouse biblical literalism and inerrancy.
edit on 13-11-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Astyanax

You mean you're waiting to be avenged.

No, it has nothing to do with being avenged, and everything to do with the real truth of our existence being vindicated.

Like God I don't want anybody to die, or be hurt, what I want is what God wants, for him to be acknowledged as the sovereign and creator of the universe, and Satan as his arch enemy.

That's pretty egocentric of him.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The real conspiracy is why do evolutionary scientists not admit that the data they obtain has already been altered by His Great Noodley Appendage? Surely they must know their theory is untenable in the face of the cold hard truth that His Majesty The Great Flying Spaghetti Monster created the world while drunk only a few thousand years ago.

This can not be challegened by any scientific finding, as all scientific findings are the result of His divine noodley manipulation.
edit on 13-11-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

originally posted by: Barcs
Why would it upset you if god used evolution to create?

Because he believes we're made from dirt, not evolved from apes.

We are special.

Yes he does.

But IMO humans could be considered much more special if god put in billions of years to improve the design, rather than poof out of dirt magic. A being that spent the last 4 billion years putting effort into the evolution(creation) of humans would actually be worthy of worship, unlike the tyrant described in the old testament.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

In his book ‘A Trip into the supernatural’

See I know that some on ATS have seen or used a ouija board, those that have seen them working know that the evil supernatural aspect that the bible talks about does exist. If that exists, then logically the other good/God side exists too.
It really is that simple. So yes that is why I believe it, I myself have had two encounters in my lifetime.
I don't expect people to believe it unless they experience for themselves, then they will know.

Anyone using a ouija board probably wants to invite spirits to invade subconsciously. Think they're very much lost and yes "grabbing the devils tail and hoping its his hand" as my mom used to say.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: blujack21

Agreed. Anyone who uses a ouija board with any seriousness not only subconsciously wants to invite the invasion of spirit's, but also is subconsciously predisposed to interpret anything that happens during the séance to be the work of spirits, rather than the obviously natural explanations available.

I once performed a ouija board séance with my flatmate as a bit of a joke and to indulge her silly fantasy. During this séance the stereo switched on, and it freaked her out. Later it was discovered that the remote was under the cushion on the floor i was kneeling on, but still she was and still is to this day convinced it was the work of a spirit.

Confirmation bias can be used to explain every single claim made by those who believe in sprits. When they say things like i don't understand because i haven't experienced it myself, the have a point; I had never wanted to believe in something supernatural so much that i am willing to suspend disbelief to the point of ascribing perfectly normal natural phenomena to it.
edit on 14-11-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Amusing that you're trying to differentiate between two words that have the same etymological root. Vindication... vengeance... it's all a matter of degree.

Like God I don't want anybody to die, or be hurt,

Your god has condemned countless to die and be hurt. Or is it just your personal conceit to try to distance yourself from the less savory aspects of your faith. If that's what passes for god and his followers these days, I'd rather not be associated with him.

what I want is what God wants, for him to be acknowledged as the sovereign and creator of the universe,

Your god is a petulant chid, concerned more with getting credit than bearing criticism of how his creation turned out. Or is it your personal conceit that you want to be right? If that's what passes for god and his followers these days, I'd rather not be associated with him.

and Satan as his arch enemy.

A modern Christian conceit. After all, a hero is only as good as his villains are bad, no? I think I learned that by watching Batman. Wouldn't an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent god not require an "adversary", which obviously isn't his equal? Or is it your personal conceit that your god be some kind of superhero> If that's what passes for god and his followers these days, I'd rather not be associated with him.

So your god's feeling are hurt? Or you have the personal conceit to feel for him? If that's what passes for god and his followers these days, I'd rather not be associated with him.

It's sad that you don't even recognize the irony of this statement.

You have made that abundantly obvious.

You simply can't countenance anything which you, personally, view to be in conflict with the personal conceit of your version of your faith. And I call it a personal conceit because millions upon millions of Christians have no difficulty rationalizing their faith with the direction in which the scientific evidence points. Or, as you would have it earlier in your own post, to consign literal creationism to the same dustbin as a flat earth. Two words of advice for you: grow up. If your god is as all-powerful as you claim, then he could have just as easily acted through evolution as any convoluted belief you've developed to support literal creationism. You seek to limit your god more than any proponent of evolution ever has.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: iterationzero

Your reply epitomizes why the master deception is so brilliant, in time, it takes people to a place intellectually that is so high and mighty with arrogance, that even if God does exist the person won't listen to him, they won't obey him because idealogically they just disagree with how he handled world history. How he handled humanity.
It's a brilliant play by a master deceiver on human intellect, because he always knew this is the way he would ensnare those with critical thinking skills.

He has both sides perfectly covered.

Non-spiritual - The concept of Evolution
Spiritual - False religion (in this case YEC is pertinent)

edit on 16-11-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Your reply epitomizes why the master deception is so brilliant, in time, it takes people to a place intellectually that is so high and mighty with arrogance, that even if God does exist the person won't listen to him, they won't obey him because idealogically they just disagree with how he handled world history.

Your entire argument in this thread could be viewed through the same lens -- you have ideological disagreement with the facts and the explanation for those facts, therefore it's you in "a place intellectually that is so high and mighty with arrogance".

It's a brilliant play by a master deceiver on human intellect, because he always knew this is the way he would ensnare those with critical thinking skills.

That's quite a self-indictment, no? You've just announced to all of ATS that you don't have critical thinking skills.

Non-spiritual - The concept of Evolution

There doesn't need to be any inherent conflict between theism and evolution; for most proponents of evolution, there isn't. The only people that have a cognitive disconnect when presented with religion and modern evolutionary synthesis are scriptural literalists.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A good lie always has some truth in it. Observation is what consciousness uses. It's a tool. An ability. This is the truth hidden in the lie. Using the power of observation you can deduct and reason your way out of faith by using logic. There is logic in God, but it cannot be seen by the pessimistic eye of many minds. So logic is cloaked under the skeptic's eye. Evolution is not a lie either, as I said a brilliant deception incorporates truth, but not all the truth. What evolution leaves out is the link between man and ape/Neanderthals - the missing piece however is far too great a concept for the pessimistic minds to handle. As I said, the very idea of logic is put up against itself when a person becomes close minded. The truth is we did not evolve from apes, we evolved from higher human begins. Spiritual human beings. But the power of observation will lead one to believe we adapted to our earth and we evolved from Neanderthals.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

There doesn't need to be any inherent conflict between theism and evolution; for most proponents of evolution, there isn't. The only people that have a cognitive disconnect when presented with religion and modern evolutionary synthesis are scriptural literalists.

and yet...the evolutionary theory doesn't by any stretch of the imagination require a supernatural agency in order to operate. theism leeches off the credibility of evolutionary theory in most (if not all) cases. validation by association.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

That's quite a self-indictment, no? You've just announced to all of ATS that you don't have critical thinking skills.

Actually just last week I took an IQ test just for fun, I got a perfect score on the "Analytical Thinking" part.
The report said I have exceptional analytical thinking compared to the rest of the population, only 8% score that.
I am only bringing this up because of the insult, I am very confident in my ability to think critically, but more importantly to analyze the data and evaluate.

The only people that have a cognitive disconnect when presented with religion and modern evolutionary synthesis are scriptural literalists.

People who believe the universe or even just the earth and all life was created in just 6 - 24 days are in the YEC camp, and attacking the argument with this as a baseline is a strawman. YEC is laughable to anybody with even high school science taken. So it's off the table not even worthy of discussion. Genesis 1:1 covers it, a time with no defined days or years, that verse covers billions of years, not six literal days. And even beyond that the creative days are not 24 hours long, but much longer.

edit on 16-11-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Actually just last week I took an IQ test just for fun, I got a perfect score on the "Analytical Thinking" part.
The report said I have exceptional analytical thinking compared to the rest of the population, only 8% score that.
I am only bringing this up because of the insult, I am very confident in my ability to think critically, but more importantly to analyze the data and evaluate.

just because you can thinking critically doesn't mean you apply it to all areas equally. for instance, im guessing that test went nowhere near philosophy and religion.

People who believe the universe or even just the earth and all life was created in just 6 - 24 days are in the YEC camp, and attacking the argument with this as a baseline is a strawman. YEC is laughable to anybody with even high school science taken. So it's off the table not even worthy of discussion. Genesis 1:1 covers it, a time with no defined days or years, that verse covers billions of years, not six literal days. And even beyond that the creative days are not 24 hours long, but much longer.

no one would ever have considered that interpretation if SCIENCE hadn't come up with it first. as always.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

No one really cares what you tell us your IQ score is at. We care about the demonstration of it with your words in the thread. For all we know, you could be lying about it anyways.

But high school science also talks about the Big Bang and Evolution. If the science is sound enough for you to believe that the universe wasn't created 6000 years ago, then why isn't it sound enough to accept Evolutionary theory? Again these are all concepts taught in High School science, which you just described as a baseline to dismiss the YEC hypothesis.
edit on 16-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I am very confident in my ability to think critically, but more importantly to analyze the data and evaluate.

....believes in a Jewish zombie god that created and rules the universe, because it's written in a 2000 year old book.....wat?
edit on 16-11-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

I am very confident in my ability to think critically, but more importantly to analyze the data and evaluate.

....believes in a Jewish zombie god that created and rules the universe, because it's written in a 2000 year old book.....wat?

like i said, im pretty sure that wasnt in the IQ test he claims to have taken.

perhaps they should redesign the test to evaluate for that kind of break in critical thinking.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

they need a "hypothetical" that isnt too maligned with science, because that undermines their ability to borrow credibility by association. it needs to be plausible at the very least, which is why some models of creationism are being scrapped in favor of more modern interpretations which leave room for legitimate science while not compromising the spiritual nature of the beast.

gotta love that wiggle room. even better, gotta love how they honestly think we wont catch on.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join