It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader of "National Religious Liberties Conference" Calls for Execution of LGBT Folks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

LGBT's could ALSO be listed as a protected class of people as per the Civil Rights Act. That sounds like a more reasonable request than for them to start a religion.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wow, sounds he should join Islam and leave Christianity behind.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

I hear you. I contend that what he is trying to bring to American (Dominionism) would be worse than any extremist Islamist ever even thought of being.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I would argue that, this IS mainstream Christianity. Especially when you consider how many "Christians" would actually vote for Cruz, Jindal and Huckabee who are in lock step with this man and share his views.

There, in my opinion, are two types of main stream Christians...those who don't share this view and have a more inclusive loving view of God and those like this. I would further postulate that it's closer to a 50/50 split.

If you would cast your vote for Cruz, Jindal or Huckabee, you are indeed an extremist.

No it's not. 99% of Christianity show up at church, or Habitat for Humanity, or a shelter, or a food kitchen, to try and help others. I would gather that the same is true for all religions. Muslims get a bad rap because their peaceful are deathly afraid of their own savage brethren, and in effect they just even don't matter while the lunatics are killing everybody that dares to question them, even fellow muslims.

There's currently no equivalent to this sad condition, in other religions. The babbling idiots are of no consequence in the other religions. We hate the Phelps....but there's like 10 of them, not millions.

Ignorance is not bliss.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Why isn't this at the top of the news cycle that 3 mainstream GOP candidates for president spoke at this guys gathering?

The GOP always talk about liberal media bios. What is this?

Obamas fiery preacher at least never asked for peopled death

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Why isn't this at the top of the news cycle that 3 mainstream GOP candidates for president spoke at this guys gathering?

Have you ever read what the Rev. Wright actually said that stuck up in the craw of so many?

In the context of government critique, if the source weren't made clear, there are many here that would have been agreeing with what the man said.

If you haven't ever read the sermons, it's worthwhile. There's really only two or three points or sermons that got called out on ABC News. It's become a mere shorthand reference now ... here's a link if you're interested: ABC News - Obama's Pastor

Sorry to dance off-topic.

I think we will find that all three of those candidates are in league with the Dominionist movement at some level.

I know Huck and Cruz are. I'm not sure what Bobby Jindal thinks he's up to. /shrug

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I hear you. I contend that what he is trying to bring to American (Dominionism) would be worse than any extremist Islamist ever even thought of being.

Comparing Christianity to islam is beyond lunacy.

Like 20 people saying things that upset your little tummy, vs. several million looking for ways to blow you up, stone you to death, saw your head off, drown you, burn you alive, draw & quarter you, and so on.

Please don't be so outrageously ridiculous. Being totally inaccurate and dishonest is not a good footing to start from.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Have you ever read what the Rev. Wright actually said that stuck up in the craw of so many?

In the context of government critique, if the source weren't made clear, there are many here that would have been agreeing with what the man said.

If you haven't ever read the sermons, it's worthwhile. There's really only two or three points or sermons that got called out on ABC News. It's become a mere shorthand reference now ... here's a link if you're interested: ABC News - Obama's Pastor

Sorry to dance off-topic.

I think we will find that all three of those candidates are in league with the Dominionist movement at some level.

I know Huck and Cruz are. I'm not sure what Bobby Jindal thinks he's up to. /shrug

Yeah, the concept that the 9-11 victims "deserved it" is surely something that a lot of people should find creative ways to "agree with".

Though we certainly have a lot of people at ATS who will, and do.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

I didn't compare Christianity to Islam.

Read more carefully; be accurate in what you claim.

Also, although I've played with you in other threads, that's not going to happen here.

Please stay on topic. I am not the topic.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: theMediator

LGBT's could ALSO be listed as a protected class of people as per the Civil Rights Act. That sounds like a more reasonable request than for them to start a religion.

Their fervor and behaviors that border on possession are already way beyond any existing religions. About all they need is a bible. Alinsky is probably as close to their methods as anything could be, so that will do.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I didn't compare Christianity to Islam.

Read more carefully; be accurate in what you claim.

Also, although I've played with you in other threads, that's not going to happen here.

Please stay on topic. I am not the topic.

** "would be worse than"........really, really, really sounds like a comparison. No, it's actually a comparison.

Do you have another schtick besides saying outlandish things, then immediately announcing "I didn't say that" ? When it's actually sitting there for all to see, lol ?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Comparing Christianity to islam is beyond lunacy.

Like 20 people saying things that upset your little tummy, vs. several million looking for ways to blow you up, stone you to death, saw your head off, drown you, burn you alive, draw & quarter you, and so on.

Please don't be so outrageously ridiculous. Being totally inaccurate and dishonest is not a good footing to start from.

Sure a bit of everything Western Christianity already did 1000 times more than any Muslims will ever do or can ever catch up with

Your delusional....the Muslims will never catch up to what was done in history.

Sure now today you have a small group of nuts but when the Western Christians were doing their evil there was little resistance and what they got away with is unequaled.
In fact though it was the Muslim civilization that balanced the massive evil the medaevil Christians were heaping on the world....but even they couldn't stop that

The mass slaughter of the Native Americans alone will NEVER BE EQUALED

Not to mention the massive s slave trade that killed millions of Africans all in the name of Christ

Then there’s the Cathars in southern France a whole nation burned alive on orders of the Pope

The thousands of Witches burned alive

You really can’t cast any stones my friend

And you could thank the secular humanist who if they weren’t around this guy and others would be another ISIS without batting an eye

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
More insanity from the same Pastor Swanson in the same speech from the same "religious liberties" conference quoted from in the OP:

'It would be better if kids drowned at the bottom of sea than read homosexual Harry Potter': Pastor provokes outrage - UK Daily Mail

There's video. I'm not surprised that the tabloid Daily Mail is running with this ... as it seems extreme and absurd.

And it is of course, would be much less concerning if three Presidential Candidates weren't sharing the same stage a little while before.

(Apparently, America should also repent for "How to Train Your Dragon" ... /sigh)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Do you feel that American Dominionism is the same as Christianity?

I don't.

Read.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

BTW, saying things and then saying you didn't say them....or making claims then explaining that in the absence of actual proof, "it's obvious" or "everybody knows" or "one can surmise".....is certainly not "playing with me".

It's just annoying and obtuse.

This is not the topic, but it's no less pointless to the topic than anything I'm saying.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

BTW, saying things and then saying you didn't say them....or making claims then explaining that in the absence of actual proof, "it's obvious" or "everybody knows" or "one can surmise".....is certainly not "playing with me".

This is not the topic, but it's no less pointless to the topic than anything I'm saying.

You are talking to yourself again.

I didn't compare Christianity to Islam. Here's what I said in the context that I said it in:

Now, I would like to ask you, once again, to minimize personal comments and focus on the topic. Please.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Do you feel that American Dominionism is the same as Christianity?

I don't.

Read.

You responded to a quote....take a look at that. He said...then you said.

Remember....context.

The guy's a Christian, you just don't like his flavor. And maybe I don't either. I don't like the Phelps, or the Crusades / Inquisition / Salem witch trials lol. Or Jeremiah Wright.

But none of them is about to "Happen" in the next 5 minutes, like the muslim terrorist is quite possibly going to. Especially the things that happened 1000 years ago, not to happen again.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I didn't compare Christianity to Islam. Here's what I said in the context that I said it in:

Now, I would like to ask you, once again, to minimize personal comments and focus on the topic. Please.

I have described things you do. Not one personal comment. You never quite describe things as they are.

You replied to guy who compared the two, in agreement, with a slightly more imprecise comparison.

You could have said "This is not Christianity", but you didn't. You COULD say what you mean, instead of continually trying to prove that you didn't mean what you said.

I comment on people's sneaky little methods. Call it a pet peeve. It's part of the debate, live with it.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Do you agree with Pastor Swanson that it would be better for American parents to drown their children than to let them read "Harry Potter" books?

He made that connection in the same speech we're discussing here.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I have described things you do. Not one personal comment. You never quite describe things as they are.

You replied to guy who compared the two, in agreement, with a slightly more imprecise comparison.

You could have said "This is not Christianity", but you didn't. You COULD say what you mean, instead of continually trying to prove that you didn't mean what you said.

I comment on people's sneaky little methods. Call it a pet peeve. It's part of the debate, live with it.

Now you're not offended by what I said, but what I didn't say.

I invite you to discuss the issues here, not me, not my posts, etc.

Do you know how to use the ATS quote function like I did up there? That might help your case in the future.

edit on 11Tue, 10 Nov 2015 11:42:47 -060015p1120151166 by Gryphon66 because: Quoted

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join