It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader of "National Religious Liberties Conference" Calls for Execution of LGBT Folks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: CranialSponge
It's a shame that so many of these types of people are so vocally aggressive by nature and feel the need to stand up on their soapboxes so often.

They're not wanting to live in a united peaceful society... they're wanting to live in a 2000 year old totalitarian society where they get to be the boss.

We should maybe ask ourselves what drives a person to need to feel that way....parenting 101 must be fun to have so much money you just get to play with other peoples lives

I think, that subcociously this guy feels confusion and self loathing, more often than not these guys are fighting urges or feelings.

edit on 8-11-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I think Pastor Swanson counts as one of the "anti-freedom people" Brian, not to put too fine an edge on it.

I don't blame freedom of speech or religion. In fact, I believe that our Constitution and the freedoms enshrined in it is one of the factors that is going to save this country IF we are to be saved. I do think Swanson is a nut, but being a nut is not against the law.

My problem is that he has a national stage, to the extent that three Presidential candidates saw fit to validate him with their presence.

We can no longer dismiss these ideas merely "fringe."

WE don't fight against these ideas by trying to silence them or deny people the right to say such silly garbage.

Maybe YOU don't but that's the thing about sabotage. We have to assume that even if this man isn't "in on it" whoever put him on there knew exactly what he was going to say and they knew exactly how bad it was going to look. Let's face it. People are just plain dumb. The majority of people will blame freedom of speech and freedom in general. As if being gay isn't a question of freedom itself. People are not thinking. Something isn't right.

Bigots and haters (in general) are very stupid people. Politicians, career propagandists and lawyers and political saboteurs (in general) are brilliant. When I see this kind of thing on the front page I know something bigger is going on. Is this guy a nut who completely believes what he's saying? I don't know and I don't really care. Most likely if he is he's being used (with or without his knowledge) for the purpose of inflammation. You don't come out and say you want to ban religion or free speech until you get the majority on your side.

It seems to me that BOTH (and ALL) parties are participating in this smear campaign against free speech. We are not seeing anyone who is not in some way serving to hurt the cause. Why is that?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
How is this guy any different then:

all the democrats who threatened to kill their fellow democrat named Kim Davis?

The lesbian golf coach that wanted to burn down a pizza place?

The left wing westboro baptist church?

Any member of the Muslim brotherhood, who actually have killed gays, that are met with open arms by President Obama?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
How about Farakhan calling on people to kill whitey? That's a larger population than the LGBTs.

Quick newsflash

THE WORLD IS FULL OF CRAZIES! FROM ALL SIDES.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I would argue that, this IS mainstream Christianity. Especially when you consider how many "Christians" would actually vote for Cruz, Jindal and Huckabee who are in lock step with this man and share his views.

There, in my opinion, are two types of main stream Christians...those who don't share this view and have a more inclusive loving view of God and those like this. I would further postulate that it's closer to a 50/50 split.

If you would cast your vote for Cruz, Jindal or Huckabee, you are indeed an extremist.

After the thread a week or two back where it went 7 for 7 with the conservative Christian crowd saying we need to eradicate every Muslim from the planet (before the mod's locked the thread), I believe it's much more than 50% that follow hateful rhetoric. Not every Christian wants to kill all the gays, and not every Christian wants to kill all the Muslims, but it's probably closer to 75% who hold a "lets kill all the _______" opinion.

I can say that in my small town, every Sunday in the town park is a preacher who preaches that we need to run all the gays out of town, and that the area exists in high poverty because the population is too tolerant towards them.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Isn't this a terrorist act that can be pursued?
To THreaten a group ur promote violence as a statement in a public forum? I DO make JOKES about killing people all the TIME but I DON'T say we should do so.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

And please, before you claim that this is merely one individual's opinion as part of some insignificant "fringe" event, keep in mind that only a few hours before three Candidates for President of the United States shared the same stage with this same man and were "interviewed" by him.

He forgot to say that people that work on the Sabbath and Adulterers should be executed, too. [/sarcasm]

Isn't it strange that the people that claim to be the patriots in this country, always misunderstand the last 6 words of the Pledge of Allegiance.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Isn't this a terrorist act that can be pursued?
To THreaten a group ur promote violence as a statement in a public forum? I DO make JOKES about killing people all the TIME but I DON'T say we should do so.

It's tough when he's endorsed by 3 presidential candidates. If you go after him, you also have to go after them and it's an extremely slippery slope if the group in power starts calling election candidates terrorist enablers (which is still far too vague a term) and punishes them, which would almost certainly include jail. We can't just go around throwing political opponents in jail no matter how crazy they are. That makes this pastor pretty much untouchable for the time being, though I'm sure the FBI keeps tabs on him and if he does something overt rather than preach they'll stop him.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I have, numerous times actually.. i have been on the receiving end of it.

i don't think it's all Christians or Religious people, but there are those that do wish death to GLBTQ+ people and that do Attack us in the name of their God.

we can't pretend it doesn't happen and say it's just a "Fringe Group" or just GLBTQ+ Whining, it does happen, and im sure far more frequently than people realize

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I've read it many many times on ATS alone. It amazes me when members deny it. Especially when I know they frequent the same threads I do. Selective reading I guess.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

And please, before you claim that this is merely one individual's opinion as part of some insignificant "fringe" event, keep in mind that only a few hours before three Candidates for President of the United States shared the same stage with this same man and were "interviewed" by him.

He forgot to say that people that work on the Sabbath and Adulterers should be executed, too. [/sarcasm]

Isn't it strange that the people that claim to be the patriots in this country, always misunderstand the last 6 words of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Oh, there's a whole litany of sins in Romans 1 that he conveniently ignores, one of which is to be "without mercy."

Perhaps he should go sit in a pile of cow manure to protest himself.
edit on 6Tue, 10 Nov 2015 06:27:52 -060015p0620151166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA
How about Farakhan calling on people to kill whitey? That's a larger population than the LGBTs.

Quick newsflash

THE WORLD IS FULL OF CRAZIES! FROM ALL SIDES.

If you're comparing extremist Christians to extremist sorta-Muslims-but-not-really ... sure.

Doesn't change the fact that calling for the death of others is hateful.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I hear what you are saying, Brian, but the fact remains, I haven't seen "most people" in this thread blame freedom of speech (or religion) for what Mr. Swanson says here. I can't say there's not a conspiracy to create that undertow, but what I can say is that there is a group of individuals, inside the government and without, who are clearly working to instill Christian Dominionism as our way of life.

I suppose that actually counts as the same thing, in the end.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I thought Christians were supposed to be terrified of Sharia Law? Oh WAIT that only matters when it is another religion. Never mind. Christian law is aok.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I thought Christians were supposed to be terrified of Sharia Law? Oh WAIT that only matters when it is another religion. Never mind. Christian law is aok.

I think some people are afraid of others doing unto them as they do unto others.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

haha, let us know when you find that Christian theocracy in America.

I'm pretty sure you won't discover this on your own, so........hint: it's nowhere to be found.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

haha, let us know when you find that Christian theocracy in America.

I'm pretty sure you won't discover this on your own, so........hint: it's nowhere to be found.

I'm sure I'll find it much sooner than I'll find a Muslim one though.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
LGBT's just need to create a religion!

Then, the National Religious Liberties won't be able to say anything against them heh

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
LGBT's just need to create a religion!

Then, the National Religious Liberties won't be able to say anything against them heh

Many LGBT folks are Christians ... I don't see that stopping this kind of thing at all.

I'd just be content if we all followed the letter and the spirit of existing laws ... particularly the Constitution.

(I know you were being funny, and I chortled ... but sadly, the reality of the situation is too real.)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join