It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader of "National Religious Liberties Conference" Calls for Execution of LGBT Folks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
It's a shame that so many of these types of people are so vocally aggressive by nature and feel the need to stand up on their soapboxes so often.

They're not wanting to live in a united peaceful society... they're wanting to live in a 2000 year old totalitarian society where they get to be the boss.

"these people" would not be possible, if not for their supporters who come to see and listen to them, and more importantly provide them with money....maybe we should blame the people that back these "fire-and-brimstone" types, they after all do not survive without funding.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

It's a shame that so many of these types of people are so vocally aggressive by nature and feel the need to stand up on their soapboxes so often.

They're not wanting to live in a united peaceful society... they're wanting to live in a 2000 year old totalitarian society where they get to be the boss.

"these people" would not be possible, if not for their supporters who come to see and listen to them, and more importantly provide them with money....maybe we should blame the people that back these "fire-and-brimstone" types, they after all do not survive without funding.

Exactly Jimmy ... this silly man on a stage is not the problem. The elements that support him and his efforts are, because those elements are not content with saying crazy things about LGBT folk, or about killing children instead of letting them read Harry Potter.

I'm actually surprised at the folks who are tacitly still defending him. And saddened.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: stevieray

a reply to: stevieray

BTW, saying things and then saying you didn't say them....or making claims then explaining that in the absence of actual proof, "it's obvious" or "everybody knows" or "one can surmise".....is certainly not "playing with me".

It's just annoying and obtuse.

This is not the topic, but it's no less pointless to the topic than anything I'm saying.

You are talking to yourself again.

I didn't compare Christianity to Islam. Here's what I said in the context that I said it in:

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wow, sounds he should join Islam and leave Christianity behind.

I hear you. I contend that what he is trying to bring to American (Dominionism) would be worse than any extremist Islamist ever even thought of being.

Now, I would like to ask you, once again, to minimize personal comments and focus on the topic. Please.

I have described things you do. Not one personal comment. You never quite describe things as they are.

You replied to guy who compared the two, in agreement, with a slightly more imprecise comparison.

You could have said "This is not Christianity", but you didn't. You COULD say what you mean, instead of continually trying to prove that you didn't mean what you said.

I comment on people's sneaky little methods. Call it a pet peeve. It's part of the debate, live with it.

Now you're not offended by what I said, but what I didn't say.

I invite you to discuss the issues here, not me, not my posts, etc.

Do you know how to use the ATS quote function like I did up there? That might help your case in the future.

What you said didn't make sense to me. If you'd said something else, chances would be better for making sense.

I'll talk about what you say all day long. That's called debate. Exactly how do I "not discuss your posts" ?? haha, that's vaguely amusing.

Something's missing here, lol. Like credibility or responsibility, maybe, can't quite describe it......

What purpose did "haha you can't use the quote function" serve ? I mean, as we discuss people's methods & motives ?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Exactly Jimmy ... this silly man on a stage is not the problem. The elements that support him and his efforts are, because those elements are not content with saying crazy things about LGBT folk, or about killing children instead of letting them read Harry Potter.

I'm actually surprised at the folks who are tacitly still defending him. And saddened.

Back on topic, I can actually agree with most of what you say here. These dopey statements have no effect on anybody.

Unless the only measure is "I don't like what he said....outlaw it".

Can you put a measure or qualification against "tacitly defending" ? I'm curious as to who these dirty buggers are in this thread, who defend killing children for reading Harry Potter.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Debate is about issues, facts, counter-arguments.

I mentioned the quote function because it's often useful to actually quote what someone else says, rather than restating it and confusing it as you have here repeatedly.

But, let's focus on the actual facts:

So, what do you think about Pastor Swanson saying that it would be better for kids to be drowned than to be allowed to read/watch Harry Potter?

EDIT:

Now see, here's a perfect learning moment for you ... you just said:

Can you put a measure or qualification against "tacitly defending" ? I'm curious as to who these dirty buggers are in this thread, who defend killing children for reading Harry Potter.

Now, you go quote, using the quote function where I said that anyone has defended "killing children for reading Harry Potter."

Go quote it and we'll talk about the facts.
edit on 12Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:15:21 -060015p1220151166 by Gryphon66 because: Clearly noted.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
ALL super sectarian fundamentalist literalist religion( God loves us and hates the heathens, Kafrs, goyim) IS THE SAME!

Just different labels of the same twisted psychology

Ask any knowledgeable psychologist the same mental retarded insanity of thinking God loves them and hates the sinners is applicable to any literalist fundamentalist.

It’s just that some societies have evolved to a powerful secular culture that (thank God) restrains these lunatics.

That’s why this wild man can’t have his way here in America because of our vigilance at keeping America a SECULAR non sectarian religious unaffiliated country.

Now if this guy was in a third world country where secular values are slim he’d be a killer for sure and have a group of killers.

That’s why this OP and similar revelations of this Neanderthal mentality must be revealed and seen and labeled for what it is. Casting light on darkness

Sure there are good Christians who would never get near this kind of guy

It’s their job to call this fellow out and separate their selves from him

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Unless the only measure is "I don't like what he said....outlaw it".

For additional practice, also quote where I said this.

I'll be glad to discuss actual issues with you if you like.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Sure there are good Christians who would never get near this kind of guy

It’s their job to call this fellow out and separate their selves from him

I agree Will! I said as much in my OP.

I'd love to see them come out against the American Dominionism that some Presidential Candidates are fostering as well!
edit on 12Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:22:49 -060015p1220151166 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Mental illness would be my vote as well. Very serious mental illness.

And the fact that three presidential candidates even attended this should disqualify them from candidacy immediately.

Unbelievable and frightening. No one can defend this.
edit on 11/11/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Now, you go quote, using the quote function where I said that anyone has defended "killing children for reading Harry Potter."

Go quote it and we'll talk about the facts.

Said you -
"Exactly Jimmy ... this silly man on a stage is not the problem. The elements that support him and his efforts are, because those elements are not content with saying crazy things about LGBT folk, or about killing children instead of letting them read Harry Potter.
I'm actually surprised at the folks who are tacitly still defending him. And saddened."

Just a couple posts back, everyone sees it !

This is like sadly watching a guy in a blue shirt, screaming "it's not blue !!"

Oh noes....you're gonna dig deep for the "tacitly" dodge, aren't you.......

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

99% of Christianity show up at church, or Habitat for Humanity, or a shelter, or a food kitchen, to try and help others.

Are you being hyperbolic or do you actually mean it?

99% of all of Christendom? Almost every single member of the tens of thousands of denominations? I'm calling BS on that. Do you mean it's something they've done before, or do regularly? I know many Catholic and Mormon people intimately that either rarely, or to my knowledge have never, participated in church related charities.

Church attendance alone is way below 99%

7 Startling Facts: An Up Close Look at Church Attendance in America

Poll: Americans Stretch The Truth On Attending Church

Statist ics Don't Tell The Whole Story When It Comes To Church Attendence

Sorry for the OT, Gryphon66

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Religious freedom to harm people eith different religious beliefs.

What a contradiction.

If two gay guys believes God loves them and wants them to be in a commited relationship, then where is their religious freedom?

Religious freedom means exactly that: freedom to your own religious beliefs.

It's a shame when people claim that "the gays" are trying to force their beliefs on others but then try to force their beliefs by trying to get gay people to be killed.

Hopefully they will awaken from their hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

THIS.

Couldn't have said it better.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

99% of Christianity show up at church, or Habitat for Humanity, or a shelter, or a food kitchen, to try and help others.

Are you being hyperbolic or do you actually mean it?

99% of all of Christendom? Almost every single member of the tens of thousands of denominations? I'm calling BS on that. Do you mean it's something they've done before, or do regularly? I know many Catholic and Mormon people intimately that either rarely, or to my knowledge have never, participated in church related charities.

Church attendance alone is way below 99%

7 Startling Facts: An Up Close Look at Church Attendance in America

Poll: Americans Stretch The Truth On Attending Church

Statist ics Don't Tell The Whole Story When It Comes To Church Attendence

Sorry for the OT, Gryphon66

You can find or create a poll / study to "prove" whatever you want to "prove".

In this thread you've found one guy who says something idiotic, and painted globally with it.

This is no more credible than my belief that the vast majority of religious people are religious to try and do something positive.

I love how the anti-religious always know more about faith than those who believe. Maybe I should call Steven Hawking and give him hell about his silly theories. After all, I've got a wiki - ATS education.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Pastor Swanson was
not alone in his hate, just
ask Ted Cruz, Christian.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Some folks just don't like
sharing their God with others:
religious freedom.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Religion will change. The human race, as regards religion, is going through the growing pangs of change. It may work it may not work… cause it has turned ugly with the jihadists in the East and the American Taliban such as this guy and the dominionists and other fundamentalist who, if it were not for the powerful secular nature of the West, would be just as bad as the Taliban or ISIS.

The Catholic Church has accepted change since the 17th and 18th century after republican revolutions took over the Western world and secular values became prominent.

Before that the West had their Taliban and ISIS; the last remnant of that are the KKK and these religious freaks like this guy who is as bad as the KKK.

These religious hypocrites in the GOP: Cruz, Huckabee, and Carson (though he is religious didn’t end up at that event) are dangerous to give credibility to this freak jumping around like a dam full on stage like he’s some representative of God. He’s the servant of the devil with all his hatred and ignorance and has nothing, imo, to do with God or truth.

The psychology of the religious literalist, fundamentalist is well known and they can often turn violent and self-righteously crazy so we all have to be vigilant and keep an eye on them.

Religious scripture and values evolves just like everything in this world. I repeat this all the time.

Ancient man in a sense accepted slavery so universally that early scriptures didn’t make it unlawful…indeed slavery was so ingrained in societies back then...

But human social evolution has made slavery de-facto religiously unlawful and since there are no more scriptures to be reveled God didn’t have to make it unlawful technically from any revealed scripture. This is the fact of the gay evolution of modern humans as well.

This lifestyle will integrate with modern religion sooner or later because being gay, straight, or whatever is a creation of God whether we like it or not.

And in the end humans will learn that the key to happiness, peace and security is love which transcends laws and social paradigms.

edit on 13-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Debate is about issues, facts, counter-arguments.

I mentioned the quote function because it's often useful to actually quote what someone else says, rather than restating it and confusing it as you have here repeatedly.

Pot meet kettle. Is stevieray worthy of death or should he be put to death?

Libtard double standards are so amusing.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Some folks just don't like
sharing their God with others:
religious freedom.

That's odd. How does this stack up with the frequent moaning & groaning about preaching and evangelizing ?

Now you complain about somebody WON'T share their god, after so much complaining about TRYING to share their god.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Pastor Swanson was
not alone in his hate, just
ask Ted Cruz, Christian.

Can you quote some Ted Cruz "hate" for us ?

That is, NOT something along the lines of "he won't agree with me".

Christians don't hate gay people as a rule. They think they're mentally ill, and a net negative for a healthy society in many of their behaviors. Far from hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join