It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Says America Would Be Cuba If Not For Fox News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Like I said, depends on which side of the fence you're on. If a news outlet is telling you what you want to hear, they're giving you The Truth.
If not..........

Some years ago, Fox News went to court in Florida when they fired two journalists who refused to lie on the air regarding their investigation into human growth hormones in cows milk.

If I'm not mistaken, it was one of their sponsors (Monsanto I believe) who insisted that the journalist's report be edited to alter their findings and remove incriminating evidence of their culpability. Both reporters refused to air the report as edited and both were fired.

Long story short, Fox News went to court to fight for the right to lie on the air and fire journalist who refused to air their lies. Worst part is, they won!

Can you name another MSM source that has gone to court to defend their right to lie on the air?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I understand exactly what you are saying. I'm not the person now that I was as a teen. (Thank God.) We grow up, change, and somewhere along the way learn to forgive ourselves for being "young".

Certainly the candidates come from a variety of backgrounds, and grew up in environments favorable to produce a healthy adult, while perhaps others did not, whether it was parental guidance or nurturing; the basic material things, or some other essential ingredient that tends to produce a healthy adult.

But I won't support Mr. Carson, and I believe his being one of the top candidates at the moment will be short-lived. Despite his apparent IQ, he seems to lack common sense, and certainly lacks political-sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

My problem with Carson is that this is supposed to be an intelligent man. After all he was a brain surgeon. Therefore it reasons to me that he has compromised his intelligence to appeal to the Republican voting base and I find that especially troubling. Intelligence shouldn't be something you are ashamed of. I should know, I spent a good portion of my youth hiding my intelligence.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: DAVID64

Like I said, depends on which side of the fence you're on. If a news outlet is telling you what you want to hear, they're giving you The Truth.
If not..........

Some years ago, Fox News went to court in Florida when they fired two journalists who refused to lie on the air regarding their investigation into human growth hormones in cows milk.

If I'm not mistaken, it was one of their sponsors (Monsanto I believe) who insisted that the journalist's report be edited to alter their findings and remove incriminating evidence of their culpability. Both reporters refused to air the report as edited and both were fired.

Long story short, Fox News went to court to fight for the right to lie on the air and fire journalist who refused to air their lies. Worst part is, they won!

Can you name another MSM source that has gone to court to defend their right to lie on the air?

I don't trust any of the news outlets which is why I try to get my news / info from other sources. I peruse everything from blogs to HuffPo to WSJ. I can pull up examples where the traditional news outlets routinely leave out facts, critical thought, etc on a variety of topics. I get sick of the Faux News accusations though even though I rarely watch Fox.

I can't even read the NY Times anymore as it has become basically a lib propaganda paper. About the only thing it is good for is Sunday reading of the social stuff and wedding announcements.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Another thing. I know the word "politician" gets a bad rap. But "politician" is a profession. All the leaders of local, state and federal governments are politicians. You can get colleges degrees in this profession. You study it.

As odious as sounds to some people, it is a necessary function. A politician must not only have a "vision" of what he wants, as Dr. Carson seems to, but must have other traits to be successful. It's complicated, and higher the office, the more complicated it becomes. One must be very smart. Must be savvy in all issues. ALL. That in itself is a massive responsibility. One must be diplomatic, have excellent skills at negotiations and have personality traits that are winning and forceful.

I don't want to write a dissertation here, but just to say, Dr. Carson lacks many of those qualities. imo.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Some other points to note with the violent past: First he is the one who keeps putting the story out there. Then he becomes upset when his story is vetted, feeling we should just take his word for it.

Secondly, his stabbing claim and hammer incident shows an irrational state of mind. There would be signs and that type of anger doesnt just evsporate over night.

Third, considering the neighborhood and the social struggles the country and especially Detroit faced with the race riots etc, It is suprising to me that his anger is never tied any of that. Frankly, it sounds l Iike calling it embellished (being nice here) to give himself street cred and play on the sympathies of a rags to riches story. That awful rap just reinforces the point.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Oh yeah, one more thing. Fox News truly sucks more than any news station in the history of news.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Dr. Ben has become a parody of himself just like the Donald.
It's not politics anymore! It's some sort of surreal extension of the entertainment industry with
no real connection to reality. Sadly a lot of conservatives seem to have an emotional connection
to this silly BS style of campaign. They should be amused but instead they protect and rationalize what
has come to typify the right wing fringe damage control mode.
edit on 6-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Ben Carson Says America Would Be Cuba If Not For Fox News

So we got another Carson comment straight from the crazy train. APPARENTLY the only thing that separates America from Cuba, is Fox News. Has this man seriously lost all semblance of even CARING about having an intelligent opinion?

What's the difference between the United States and Cuba? According to GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson, it's Fox News.

"Even if all the media tries to shut you down -- which they have tried very much to do with me, but they can't because the good Lord has provided me with mechanisms like my syndicated column and like Fox News," Carson said last year. "We'd be Cuba if there were no Fox News, I ought to tell you."

Fox News... FOX NEWS! The leading propaganda outlet in the country! This man is an idiot.

I think you're misunderstanding here. Cuba is an Island and a small one at that. What he meant was that without all the hot air, the US would shrink up into an island about the size of Cuba. And that is a big worry! That's why the economics types on CNBC get on the TV and wring their hands in worry over "Deflation"! Whenever we have Deflation, the US shrinks and people drown. And its that "Deflation" that's causing coastal erosion. So we need Fox to keep pumping the hot air to maintain Inflation! A little inflation of course, gotta maintain the balance. When we have too much inflation, everything gets stretched and bridges collapse.

I have NO idea where the hell that came from but that earned the 'De Nero.

There is more truth in your post than all the partisan BS vomited out by cheerleaders on BOTH sides.

Thanks for the laugh The humor is the only reason I visit the political pits of ATS.

It surprises me to see some members who used to be more rational take the plunge into the deep end of the political cesspool.
I like this quote.

If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

Emma Goldman.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ben Carson is a hero of mine. I've known about his medical accomplishment well before his prayer breakfast speech. I honestly knew nothing about his political beliefs but looked to him as a role model in my youth.

Carson is very intelligent. You cannot accomplish what he has and not be genius. I've found that many very intelligent and accomplished people often lack social skills. Carson is clearly an introvert and does have deeply held religious beliefs. He may not be socially and politically aware of how his comments may be interpreted. He is not a politician in the traditional sense. For a lot of people, this is refreshing. I figure Carson will be fodder for the progressive media and liberals like the OP because he is blunt and lacks nuance. As such, it will be easy for him to say something that he meant one way to be taken out of context.

The other thing is that many conservative voters may also like that despite him being arguably the most brilliant brain surgeon ever, he is humble enough to still have a belief in a higher power even though he is routinely making life and death decisions. Many Dr's who have accomplished what he has can be arrogant pricks. With Ben, at least we know what his moral compass is guided by.

I honestly was kind of put off by him earlier because of his religious stuff as I am not religious. About the only time I go to church is for funerals and weddings. He didn't seem politically savvy and kind of boring. However, maybe that is what we need. I feel he will weigh facts and logic in making policy decisions and he is not looking for political points. He doesn't seem overly wedded to ideology or that he can be compromised politically.

I still haven't determined if he is going to be my guy... I'm considering Trump, Carson, and Paul.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Carson is very intelligent. You cannot accomplish what he has and not be genius. I've found that many very intelligent and accomplished people often lack social skills. Carson is clearly an introvert and does have deeply held religious beliefs. He may not be socially and politically aware of how his comments may be interpreted. He is not a politician in the traditional sense. For a lot of people, this is refreshing. I figure Carson will be fodder for the progressive media and liberals like the OP because he is blunt and lacks nuance. As such, it will be easy for him to say something that he meant one way to be taken out of context.

Absolutely, and I have thought about this many times. Kind of like having Sheldon Cooper as President.
It wouldn't work.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

So because he was a stellar surgeon, that means we should excuse his grave inexperience with politics? What happened to the right going on and on about how inexperienced Obama was as a politician before being elected? At least Obama started out as a Senator. What's Carson got going for him? Nothing. He can't even talk politics.

A great surgeon he may be, but that doesn't mean he is a good politician. That's literally the same logic that idiotic famous people use when they think they can bridge the gap between whatever made them famous and acting or some other form of artistry. Being good at one thing doesn't mean you are good at everything.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

So because he was a stellar surgeon, that means we should excuse his grave inexperience with politics? What happened to the right going on and on about how inexperienced Obama was as a politician before being elected? At least Obama started out as a Senator. What's Carson got going for him? Nothing. He can't even talk politics.

A great surgeon he may be, but that doesn't mean he is a good politician. That's literally the same logic that idiotic famous people use when they think they can bridge the gap between whatever made them famous and acting or some other form of artistry. Being good at one thing doesn't mean you are good at everything.

Yes. I could careless about his experience in politics. Part of the problem we have in this country now is we have too many lawyers and politicians running the government with zero real world experience. Our system was not setup nor intended to be a career path for professional politician losers who couldn't make it in the private sector.

I want someone who knows what I deal with on a daily basis as a productive tax paying citizen and can understand both the intended and unintended consequences of their policy decisions.

Comparing the accomplishments of Carson to Obama is not even worth retorting...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

If you feel so positive about him, then why are you not supporting him?

Oh wait, I remember you said you are still undecided.
edit on 11/6/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

If you feel so positive about him, then why are you not supporting him?

Oh wait, I remember you said you are still undecided.

So taking my time to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the various candidates before making up my mind who I am going to support is a bad thing? WTF?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well at least you've prepared a rationalization to explain your hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Would you call this a strength or weakness?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wouldn't really call it a weakness...i'd call it ideological retardation.
edit on 6-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Well at least you've prepared a rationalization to explain your hypocrisy.

What hypocrisy?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

That someone from the left with little political experience is a detriment to the Presidential office, but someone from the right with little political experience is going to be good to it because of "real world experience".

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

If experience is such a factor, then you did vote for McCain in 08, right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join