It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Says America Would Be Cuba If Not For Fox News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I don't see it as scary at all.

I see it as honest and refreshing to be blunt.

Clinton was poor when she left the WH and made 2 billion in 8 years and we'll never know who she owes favors too (too big to jail), Trump started out with nothing but a small loan from his father ( a few million) and he never personally filed bankruptcy (he lost everyone else's money), Rubio spent tax payers money on personal needs (except when he didn't), Sanders lives in a world of rape fantasies and "everything's free utopias".

Dr. Carson came from one of the worst neighborhoods in America. We joked about being the "murder capitol" and wore shirts that read "sorry we missed you" and "where the weak are killed and eaten". He not only survived it he escaped it and became a surgeon that saves the lives of children.

His story of stabbing someone in his youth should not be looked at a scary story but the first step on the path to redemption. He is not the man today that he was 40 years ago. That is the point of the story. How do we get from point A to point B. Can a man that understands the struggle at a micro level implement a plan to better society at a macro level.

The other people running for office do not even understand America at the micro level so they are out of touch with a greater portion of society (not saying that a greater portion of society is a ghetto). This is why the "outsiders" are winning out over the political animals so far.

Jeb will still get the nomination, Trump will run as an Independent, and Hillary will win. It's all part of the plan.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

And if he has openly talked about rage and murder etc, as another poster just said, (havent researched it yet) then that is a glimpse into a mans mindset, is he capable of getting that out of control now?

Not only has he openly said it, it's recorded for posterity in his "books." Autobiographical works; and it was Jesus who saved him from himself - when he was 14. He says.

Scary indeed.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
To be completely honest I think I fear Carson as president more than Trump. He is definitely off his rocker.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

hmmmmm Ben Carson numbers jump to #1 and the left machine starts trying to attack......

Predictable, but if this is the only kind of material you can get on Carson, youve got a long fight, after all Hillary has him beat

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Actually all of zero republican candidates have Hillary beat in head to head polling, but hey, whatever you want to believe. I'm not even a Hillary supporter.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I stay away from MSNBC just as much as Fox News

I watch them both, keeping in mind that the information is meant to be manipulative. And I agree with you. FOX takes the trophy for leading propaganda outlet in the country. No contest. I don't fully believe either one, until I've researched the subject online, though.

Since I've been hearing about the "out there" assertions made by Carson, I find myself wondering... Can a brain surgeon operate on himself? The stories about his violent past seem VERY strange... He threw a rock when he was 7. Didn't we all?

Ben is becoming more 'questionable' (read "creepy") to me as time goes on. Cruz is so happy about all this...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well I just figure that since they are both known propaganda outlets, it's just better to get my news from elsewhere. Contrary to what Fox News likes to claim, other news outlets will report on the things that it is always swearing up and down are never reported on by the "liberal owned media".

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Actually all of zero republican candidates have Hillary beat in head to head polling, but hey, whatever you want to believe. I'm not even a Hillary supporter.

actually I was referring to things that would be controversial, or things that should be a disqualifier.........nice assumption

and actually you might be wrong about that as well

Real Clear politics poll numbers Vs Clinton

Huff Po Graph sees Carson Rise above

maybe you should do a little research

Again not surprised these attacks are coming in light of the trend, the left is predictable

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I wonder if Jon Stewart is missing his show about now; this would be so much fun material for him (if it wasn't for the fact that so many actually take Fox News seriously, and that we are talking about real life, not satire).

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
His story of stabbing someone in his youth should not be looked at a scary story but the first step on the path to redemption

The story isn't scary. It's the fact that he said it was a friend named Bob, then he said it was a relative, and that the name was fictitious, and the relative didn't want to be revealed. Source

The story isn't scary, but is it true? Or is he making it up to have a "story" of redemption.

None of his school friends remember him as being violent or troubled. Source

“I don't know nothing about that,” Gerald Ware, Carson’s classmate at Detroit’s Southwestern High School, told CNN. “It would have been all over the whole school.”

CNN spoke with nine people Carson grew up with. Not one remembered the Republican’s self-proclaimed violent outbursts.

Carson maintained that the autobiography is all factual in a tense Friday interview with CNN, in which he blamed the media for “distracting” the American people from important issues."

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Ben Carson is increasingly showing himself to be an idiot savant*--he may be great at separating twins conjoined at the head, but the man thinks that the pyramids were constructed because Abraham (I believe) needed a place to store grain for an upcoming famine...and that Creationism is an appropriate way to view the history of everything.

I don't want this guy running the country in which I live.

*Yes, I know he's good at other things, I'm just trying to make a point using an exaggeration--it's called hyperbole, and can be used correctly from time to time without it being meant to be inflammatory. I don't need a lecture on all of the things he does well.
edit on 6-11-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Whelp you got me. I can't argue with actual data. I guess things have changed since the last time I looked.

Though I find that sad. If these are the caliber of statements Carson makes, then I really dread him being the President.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: DAVID64

Even MSNBC doesn't lie as much as Fox News. I'm sorry, but Fox News is on a different level when it comes to propaganda.

Provide some examples...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Polling data at this point is irrelevant, so I'd ignore it if I were you.

Although I can't stand Hillary and I think she has disqualified herself from winning because of her untrustworthiness and the scandals that plague her last name. But I wouldn't want Sanders to win either--whatever happened to democrat candidates like JFK? At least he was relatively middle-of-the-road with his policies and seemed to employ some critical thinking in his decision making and not just rely on the puppetmasters behind the curtain to tell him what the party's dogma is and to just do it with a smile.

We need someone other than any candidate that is running in both major parties right now, save for maybe Rand Paul, but he's even a little concerning since he started running.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: DAVID64

Even MSNBC doesn't lie as much as Fox News. I'm sorry, but Fox News is on a different level when it comes to propaganda.

Provide some examples...

There is no amount of articles I could provide that could reasonably convince you that I am telling the truth here because you can just as easily say I am omitting things from either site, but here goes anyways.

Here is Fox News on the brand new Planned Parenthood committee:
Dems on New Planned Parenthood Panel Got 81K from the Abortion Giant

Here is MSNBC on it:
Dems, GOP set stage for major Planned Parenthood showdown

So here's the difference, MSNBC calls this committee a witch hunt, but proceeds to talk factually about both Democrats and Republicans serving on this useless committee. Fox News on the other hand decides to play "follow the money" with the Democratic members of the committee while neglecting to do the same for the Republican members. And THEN to add to the total idiocy of that article, it ends with this line:

But going back to 1990, Planned Parenthood has given the representatives more than $81,000.

Oh NO! Not $81,000 over the course of 25 years! That's like $3250 a year. And THAT is supposed to be evidence of corruption against the Democratic members of this committee. You know, so that Fox News readers can completely write their opinions on the matter out of their heads?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Not many from here can hope to make something like that of themselves.

Not many here want to go insane either.

Dr Carson seems to understand that you "find the right man for the right job" rather than "I'm going to get everything done".

Well Carson is in no way the right man for the job of President.

We really, really, really need to stop electing entertainers and get a few people into the seat that can actually fulfill the role of President.

Right now there is only one entertainer running for President and that is Trump. Whether you like it or not the office of President is not the place to get your feet wet in politics.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Field a Republican candidate that is middle of the road first then we can talk about Democrats doing the same thing, but as it stands, if you are a moderate Republican, to most Republicans these days you might as well call yourself a Democrat.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Whelp you got me. I can't argue with actual data. I guess things have changed since the last time I looked.

Though I find that sad. If these are the caliber of statements Carson makes, then I really dread him being the President.

I like Carson, hes not my pick, I think the guy is intelligent , I think he could probably parse the data and be an OK president, but the guy is a human tranquilizer dart, I dont see that being very useful when the time calls for a little more "inspiration" or "fire"

My pick is still Rand, although im sure ill be disappointed

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
oops
edit on 6-11-2015 by HorusChrist because: i was wrong

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

hmmmmm Ben Carson numbers jump to #1 and the left machine starts trying to attack......

Predictable, but if this is the only kind of material you can get on Carson, youve got a long fight, after all Hillary has him beat
if "left machine" uses his own words against him whats wrong with that . . . just don't say nutty things, lesson learned.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join