It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think it's time to just admit Ben Carson isn't playing with a full deck.

The Morning Joe crew found themselves wondering about Ben Carson’s worldviews after learning the 2016 candidate still believes that the biblical figure Joseph built the pyramids in Egypt to store grain. Carson’s theory first came to light when Buzzfeed found a video of his commencement speech at Andrews University, in which he said, ““My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain.”

He even says that he still believes the theory of his to be true today.

Is this the kind of guy you want running the country??? Seriously???

(post by illuminati666 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by mOjOm removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, I believe Joseph was able to store enough grain from 7 harvests to feed the entire world. Where else would he store it?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You think you can actually hold that much grain in them???

I'm not even going to entertain this idea. You have to be out of your mind to first of all believe biblical stories. But to then try and apply such an idea as he built the pyramids to store grain. Please..

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Considering that nobody else knows why the Pyramids were built, and for what they were used...what's wrong with someone having their own theory?

Do you know why the Pyramids were built?

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If a person thinks we have 57 states in the US, that doesn't prevent them from being the POTUS. Of course that fellow isn't a brain surgeon.... he is a Constitutional scholar.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
LOL

Because...the egyptians would have taken years and years to build three giant pyramids with not enough storage in them to feed the entire world...uh....LOL when even giant tents and the usual storage buildings for that type of thing would have made way more sense. Come on!

I like Carson as a person, I really do, and he is anti establishment...I of course like that..but he's nuts. Can't be president. nope.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If a person thinks we have 57 states in the US, that doesn't prevent them from being the POTUS. Of course that fellow isn't a brain surgeon.... he is a Constitutional scholar.

Well said, wise sir...well said.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No I don't. But I don't pretend to know by coming up with some stupid theory like that and then sign my name to it while running for the highest office in the nation.

Are you really going to make excuses for this. All because it has been linked to the bible. This is what I find so disturbing with Religious people. You mention that any crazy idea has some link with their beliefs and they'll accept anything no matter how insane it is.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Considering that nobody else knows why the Pyramids were built, and for what they were used...what's wrong with someone having their own theory?

Yea, that's what I was thinking.

Much ado over one individuals speculations that are not even that outrageous.....

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

But use logic. The egyptians already had storage buildings during that time. And could have built bigger, better, cheaper buildings in a tiny fraction of the time it took to build the pyramids. Then look inside the pyramids...not any storage space.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
You would thik something as big as the pyramids would be mentioned in the Bible if the Hebrews had anything to do with their construction. No it only mentions the Hebrews are to build a city.

As to them being used to store grain; ...Ahh...Ahh..
Where can I start? Maybe the harvest were not what the thought it would be, so they filled the empty space with stone blocks.
I just don't know.

It does seem as though this is a good example of possibly third hand knowledge not being fully understood. or maybe all his education is getting in the way of his thinking.
edit on 5-11-2015 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Of course you don't know.
Yet, while you admit your own ignorance, you still feel you're qualified to condemn someone else's theory.

If you're trying to say Dr. Carson is a dimwit...try performing a little brain surgery.
edit on 5-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Again... I'm having a hard time understanding why this would have an affect on how someone would run the country.

There are many different theories on why the pyramids were built.

Loads of folks believe that we all have souls. It can't be proven.
Loads of folks believe that animals have souls. It can't be proven.
Loads of folks have believed that eggs could kill you quicker, then changed their minds... A few times.

See where I'm going with this? I could list things all day long. None of those things make normal folks any more or less able to do their daily jobs well. They are personal beliefs.

I am not currently pulling for Carson, so that's not why I bothered posting. I think he's a nice enough guy and I also think there isn't any part of running the country that his belief in the who's, what's, why's, and how's of the pyramids would cause him to make some kind of cataclysmic mistake throwing us all into some kind of hellish vortex of failure.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

They were tombs for the Pharaohs. I learned that in Jr. High school. You must have missed it.

www.ancientegypt.co.uk...

Dr. Ben is a fool that also believes the Earth is only 6k years old. Old Testament BS.
edit on 5-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Oh please...

Everyone knows that the Rothschild's built the pyramids, and secretly ruled ancient Egypt!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

They were tombs for the Pharaohs. I learned that in Jr. High school. You must have missed it.

www.ancientegypt.co.uk...

But the big question is....
How many Pharoahs were actually buried in pyramids?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

But use logic.

Nope. Sorry. When Religion walks in the door, Logic goes out the window ...

edit on 5-11-2015 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Of course you don't know.
Yet, while you admit your own ignorance, you still feel you're qualified to condemn someone else's theory.

If you're trying to say Dr. Carson is a dimwit...try performing a little brain surgery.

I don't have to be an engineer to know that a bridge made of paper and scotch tape won't hold traffic as they drive across it. That's the point. Anyone would know that his theory is crap. But keep defending it, it proves my point about people and their Religious Beliefs and being naive about basic reason.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join