It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

For thousands of years nothing happened until the United States was founded.

Seriously... Like what in the hell is he talking about.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That's scary.

It must be disheartening for Americans to have such knobs running for President.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

He kinda reminds me of a form of Autism.

Smart, precise, focused in one particular field ---- but, completely in his own, out of touch world, away from that focus.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I bet Ben Carson is wishing he never said that statement about the pyramids being containers for grain storage. He will lose many voters with that kind of religious ignorance. He was probably too busy with neurosurgeon duties and church functions to be bothered with the actual interior of Khufu’s pyramid.

Here’s a different theory for the pyramids of Egypt, specifically Khufu’s Great Pyramid of Giza. If Khufu’s pyramid was not a tomb for a pharaoh then it could have housed a sacred bull. There was an ancient cult in Egypt that worshiped a sacred bull called Apis. The hieroglyphs for Apis seem to match the construction style for the main entrance to Khufu’s pyramid.

Apis

Apis hieroglyphs

As you can see the double gabled roof pattern is associated with the name Apis. The main entrance into the pyramid of Khufu also has this same double gabled roof design.

Great Pyramid of Giza

The highest section within the King’s chamber within this pyramid also contains this double gabled roof design.

If Khufu’s pyramid was meant to house a bull, then the fact there was no writings found within it would make sense. Bulls can’t read, so what’s the point of putting human writing on the chamber walls. There are no human writings within animal cages at the zoo for the benefit of the animals either.

If this theory becomes fact in the future can I be elected President of the United States before I die?
I guess I’ll have to eat my words if I’m wrong. Then I’d be in the same position as Ben Carson if I run for President willingly.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: introvert

YoYou think you can actually hold that much grain in them???I'm not even going to entertain this idea. You have to be out of your mind to first of all believe biblical stories. But to then try and apply such an idea as he built the pyramids to store grain. Please..

How many people did the world consist of in that time?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Considering that nobody else knows why the Pyramids were built, and for what they were used...what's wrong with someone having their own theory?

Do you know why the Pyramids were built?

wtf?

How the hell are there this many people who still believe "nobody knows why the pyramids were built?" They are CLEARLY tombs evolved from mastabas. In fact, the earliest known stone cut pyramid in Egypt is the Pyramid of Djoser which literally started out as a mastaba and was transformed in phases until it became a step pyramid with six levels.

Typical mastaba design:

Diagram of Pyramid of Djoser showing phases of construction:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
LOL I thought the pyramids were used as energy generators and projectors!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
LOL I thought the pyramids were used as energy generators and projectors!

I kinda prefer that theory.

For some reason I feel the Pyramids are much older. That the Egyptians discovered them in ruins and set about repairing them.

Yes, very wild speculation - - - but I'm not running for any office.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
There is no way the pyramids would have been used that way.
1) It is very inefficient storage considering there is very little known free volume of space inside compared to the structure's overall size.
2) they would have had to use most of the grain in the area just to feed the workers and animals that would have been used to build the pyramids.
3) there doesn't appear to be any efficient means of loading and retrieving the grain. Not too many doors and no distinguishable "loading" area.

I'm sure there are many more reasons but i'll stop there.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm partial to the Stargate movie/tv franchise theories personally. Wormholes are scientifically possible, improbable...but still possible. Alien life is highly probable as well.

And who knows the context of what Carson said as well. The whole thing might have been metaphorical, as in the Pharaoh's themselves were grain -- as in "seeds" of their people.

In any case, what we do know about the great pyramid:

Khufu's builders oriented his pyramid almost perfectly north. The largest pyramid ever built, it incorporates about 2.3 million stone blocks, weighing an average of 2.5 to 15 tons each. It is estimated that the workers would have had to set a block every two and a half minutes.

National Geographic

Now, that seems like an awful lot of work to store some grain! Then again, the Egyptians didn't really ever do "small" anything. Just think about it though -- 2.3 million stones, 2.5 to 15 tons...

And we still wonder if we could build something like that to this day. Carson aside, that's pretty freaking amazing in its own right!

edit on 6-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: lifecitizen

That's scary.

It must be disheartening for Americans to have such knobs running for President.

It is disheartening..... and it's very scary!
Decades ago none could of predicted the idiocy of these knobs running for president.

I'm urging everyone I know to stop having children, the future of America will be a toxic waste land..... that is after the next great war, North America will be used as a dump ground for world waste.....

edit on 6-11-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me why it is that Carson is leading in the GOP polls? Something can't be right with the GOP if someone who takes as many nonsensical positions as he does can somehow be beating all the others!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: lifecitizen

That's scary.

It is disheartening..... and it's very scary!
Decades ago none could of predicted the idiocy of these knobs running for president.

It's scary as hell.

The sane wing of the Republican party made a huge mistake in betting on Bush and need to figure something else out and fast.
edit on 6-11-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If a person thinks we have 57 states in the US, that doesn't prevent them from being the POTUS. Of course that fellow isn't a brain surgeon.... he is a Constitutional scholar.

Trying to see how this is relates to Ben's claim about the Pyramids...??? One is a typo and the other reveals a serious, critical and maybe fatal gap in education, rendering him unfit for the presidency.

Carson's running for President currently, so guessing the idea is to prevent another mistake BEFORE IT HAPPENS? Maybe learn something from the past? I mean you're complaining but you want to repeat it? Doesn't make sense. Ben Carson also went after his mother, and tried to kill her with a hammer. He admits this himself in his book, and he stabbed a guy in the stomach with a hunting knife. Neither of those youthful indiscretions prevents him from being President either - but they may make people think twice before electing him.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

So you're saying religious fundamentals are nothing to be scared of?

I don't know. Do the Amish freak you out?

If one was running for POTUS it would.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If he upsets only the people on the left, what does that tell you?

There are plenty of Republicans who are hardly "on the left" who are freaked out by Trump and Carson and are hoping they fade away like their fringe candidates usually do.

Do you really think Wall Street wants to hand over fiscal policy to either of these two? Carson is talking about going back on the gold standard for crying out loud.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Can someone please tell me why it is that Carson is leading in the GOP polls? Something can't be right with the GOP if someone who takes as many nonsensical positions as he does can somehow be beating all the others!

Sadly, look at this thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Considering that nobody else knows why the Pyramids were built, and for what they were used...what's wrong with someone having their own theory?

Do you know why the Pyramids were built?

wtf?

How the hell are there this many people who still believe "nobody knows why the pyramids were built?"
They are CLEARLY tombs evolved from mastabas. In fact, the earliest known stone cut pyramid in Egypt is the Pyramid of Djoser which literally started out as a mastaba and was transformed in phases until it became a step pyramid with six levels.

Typical mastaba design:

Diagram of Pyramid of Djoser showing phases of construction:

You kinda have to forgive them. American public schools teach virtually nothing about Africa. The closest we get is usually an elective in high school about world geography, sociology, or African American History (if we're lucky).

Not joking, but many people may not even realize Egypt is in Africa, much less that the Ancient Egyptians had a well documented history. Or that their nation was called KMT/Kemet, not "Ancient Egypt". Or that Kush/Cush was a real nation, as was Nubia & the Nubians. Or that the snakes on the Pharoahs' headress represented the nations they ruled; 1 snake meant only KMT while 2 snakes meant KMT & Nubia. Or that there are more pyramids in Sudan than there are in Egypt (Sudan is where Kush & Nubia were located). Or that...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

He kinda reminds me of a form of Autism.

Smart, precise, focused in one particular field ---- but, completely in his own, out of touch world, away from that focus.

I have come to this conclusion as well: highly functioning Asperger's or perhaps Savant Syndrome.

If you look at the descriptions of how Dr. Carson was in school (by his school-mates, not his Campaign website) he fits the socially-awkward characteristics of these patholologies fairly well. Listen to him talk. He sounds ... childlike.

Of all the poor candidates on the Republican ticket ... Dr. Carson might just be the worst, and that's saying something.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Does his belief in the pyramids being grain silos or in a literal Genesis creation account actually affect his ability to lead a nation?

It would definitely be an issue for diplomatic relations with Egypt, which we are shoulder deep in. Does anyone think Egypt would take him seriously? Uh, no. He'd be an international laughing stock.

This is from the forbes article A rchaeologists To Ben Carson: Ancient Egyptians Wrote Down Why The Pyramids Were Built that was linked earlier in the thread:

We know what the pyramids were built for because the ancient Egyptians tell us what they were built for (see, for example, the Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts ).

Denying ancient people the capability of building monumental structures is not new, though, and not confined to Egypt — plenty of people over the years have denied that Native Americans could have built the massive earthwork mounds across the U.S. and that the Mayas could have built their pyramids without help from aliens, Europeans, or a higher religious power.

It might be nice to think that Carson has learned since his talk, nearly two decades ago, more about the ancient Egyptian civilization. But no; Carson affirmed this belief in Joseph and his amazing technicolor grain silo to CBS News last night, doubling down on a profound, willful ignorance of science.

In the end, does it really matter what Carson thinks about the Egyptian pyramids? There will always be science deniers, there will always be people swayed by pseudoarchaeology, and there will always be people who believe what they want no matter the facts.

It does matter, though, because Carson is vying for the job of representing the United States. So it matters that Carson casually rejects hundreds of years’ worth of research because in denying science, he throws the U.S. back into the past.

It matters that he brazenly denies the Egyptian people their rightful history because this marginalizes an entire culture and makes the U.S. look like an ignorant bully.

THAT's why it matters. Truly.

edit on 11/6/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: formatmess

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join