It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniper in San Diego pins down police near airport, Zoo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

An active shooter has pinned down police with gunfire outside a San Diego, California apartment building. A SWAT team is on the scene.

The shooter has barricaded himself in a bedroom in a sixth-floor apartment. There is no one else in the unit, his girlfriend told police.

Sniper in San Diego pins down police near airport, Zoo

Active shooter barricaded on 6th floor of an apartment building. Not much info yet. Will update as it becomes available.

another source

scanner feed

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
No surprise. Rising cost of living declining wages add to that a few minor stressors and we have mass shooting and people going crazy on a regular basis.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Per scanner feed: on phone with subject, subject was not making sense, speaking gibberish, then said "just kill me". Now all calls are going to voicemail.

Police trying to evacuate / clear other apartments.

As of right now according to ktla there is no indication that anyone has been wounded.
edit on 4-11-2015 by ML8715 because: Update

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ML8715

Did you hear "talking about a new world, wants to go to Australia" on the scanner?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Did you hear "talking about a new world, wants to go to Australia" on the scanner?

No I must have missed it, my scanner app randomly shut off for about 2 mins. When I turned it back on I heard them say the subject is "tired of being disrespected"

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yeah it was a bit before that.

You may also have missed "robot has been approved"

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Yeah it was a bit before that.

You may also have missed "robot has been approved"

Yes i missed that but I heard robot being deployed. Now they are trying to throw gas through the window. Thank you for listening to the scanner feed with me and updating

Per scanner feed subject said "if gas is deployed, bad things will happen"

Update 2: confirmed, if subject is not actively surrendering he is to be shot. They are trying to negotiate with subject for him to surrender.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Or it's just some entitlement minded loser who can't handle the word no.

It doesn't matter anyhow he will not be part of the human experience soon.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"if he is not actively surrendering, he will be shot"

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I pray for a peaceful resolution and a full recovery of senses.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Not much new info. Officers are still trying to negotiate with the subject to surrender. He threw a handgun out the window which fired when it hit the ground (no injuries) but believe he is still armed.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Do they make tranquilizer darts that can be fired from extreme distances? I'd think something like that could come in handy to deescalate something like this. That way, the guy doesn't get to go out in a "suicide by cop" -- he'd have to stand trial for his crimes.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: onequestion

Or it's just some entitlement minded loser who can't handle the word no.

It doesn't matter anyhow he will not be part of the human experience soon.

I have a screwed up story for you,i know a couple here that have just had their first child and they are refusing to say no to her,like as in raising her without ever saying no.....wonder how that will work out for them...

On topic hopefully this person doesn't injure anyone during all this....

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Interesting idea, so I had to look it up.

Tranquillizer darts are not generally included in military or police less-than-lethal arsenals because no drug is yet known that would be quickly and reliably effective on humans without the risks of side effects or an overdose. This means that effective use requires an estimate of the weight of the target to be able to determine how many darts (if any) can be used. Shooting too few would result partial effects only, while too many can kill the target. According to James Butts, Santa Monica, CA Chief of Police, "Tranquilizing agents don't affect everyone uniformly. Therefore you cannot predict whether or not you have a sufficient dose to tranquilize the individual. Second, any tranquillizer will take time to enter the bloodstream and sedate the individual. If someone is advancing on you with a deadly weapon or a threatening object, there's no way a tranquillizer would take effect in the two to three seconds it would take someone to seriously injure you."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
a reply to: beercan

Regards,

SK
edit on th31Wed, 04 Nov 2015 14:31:24 -0600K2015112430pm11 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
No surprise. Rising cost of living declining wages add to that a few minor stressors and we have mass shooting and people going crazy on a regular basis.

That is how I see it too.

People can only be placed under X amount of stress for so long then..... Bang

(post by Drinking removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Update: subject saying he is ready to surrender according to scanner feed. Units are waiting for him to go to the front door to surrender, instructing him to have his hands up when he comes out.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I bet he is thirsty,

Someone get this man a glass of water

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Subject has not surrendered yet, has been instructed to unload his rifle and throw the magazine out the window .
edit on 4-11-2015 by ML8715 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join