It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study Shows Ginger Is 10,000x Stronger Than Chemo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

One study, conducted by Georgia State University found that whole ginger extract was able to reduce the size of a prostate tumor by 56% in mice. In addition to its effect on cancer, ginger was also observed to reduce inflammation and supply the mice with life-enhancing antioxidants.

Another study published in PLoS found that one particular component in ginger known as 6-shogaol is superior to conventional cancer medication, namely chemotherapy, at targeting the root cause of breast cancer malignancy: breast cancer stem cells.

Sometimes referred to as ‘mother cells’ cancer stem cells are the cause of a wide range of cancers, not simply breast cancer. These ‘mother cells’ are responsible for creating the different ‘daughter’ cell types that makeup the tumor colony. While cancer stem cells only constitute .2 to 1% of the cell makeup of the tumor, they seem to be almost ‘immortal’.

LINK

I wished I had this info twenty years ago before my father died on cancer.

I was raised by the Choctaw and Cherokees and was taught that the planet had the cure for all sickness and it lays at our feet. How little we know about cures....
edit on 11/3/2015 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Cool find thanks, by the by, sorry for your loss and much love my Cherokee brethren!

S&F

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Turmeric is also amazing.

In case you dont know, you can buy fresh ginger root at the grocery store, and plant it in your own garden or pot. The organic ginger grows best. But, really just buy the root and plant it. You can control what it is grown in and can assure its organic.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
didnt see the study linked in the OP's article ,is this it? www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... second link (phase 1?) interesting find op

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I try to add ginger to my protein shakes and other drinks since it's rich in so many valuable nutrients.

Another great spice that is showing promise as a potential anti-cancer agent is Turmeric (the curcumin found within turmeric and similar curry spices, it's what gives it that yellow/green color). www.canceractive.com...

From that link:
"No cancer has been found, to my knowledge, that is not affected by curcumin" (Professor Bharat Aggarwal, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Texas)

Also, combining turmeric with black pepper is supposed to let your body absorb these valuable nutrients 10 X more effectively.

Great info, huh? Thanks for sharing DeathSlayer! It's a good reminder that I've been neglecting ginger as part of my diet

edit on 3-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ah yes, Im sure if he just ate some ginger it would have been cured instantly....

Do you not think if it was that easy that these cures would have been found a long time ago? Yes some natural extracts are great cancer fighting agents, but its very situational, specific, and not always 100% effective.

For instance one component might work a very specific, certain kind of cancer, and then only in a select number of people. Or it might work in everyone, but to varying degrees.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thank you.
I wish this info was available years ago too.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The study was conducted in 2012 and despite the fact that it did reduce tumours in mice up to 56%, they are yet to prove it is suitable for humans too, or that it works as good as it did with mice. Ginger is not an alternative to chemo, the title is misleading and sensationalist.

The original peer reviewed article:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Too bad ginger gives me horrible migraines.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Amazingly hope does wonders 100% of the time.

originally posted by: boncho

Ah yes, Im sure if he just ate some ginger it would have been cured instantly....

Do you not think if it was that easy that these cures would have been found a long time ago? Yes some natural extracts are great cancer fighting agents, but its very situational, specific, and not always 100% effective.

For instance one component might work a very specific, certain kind of cancer, and then only in a select number of people. Or it might work in everyone, but to varying degrees.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And this will be ignored by the MSM because $$$$$.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I used to eat a lot of ginger and turmeric before I got kidney stones. (Which is not to suggest they contributed to them, only that I have been advised subsequently to limit my intake.)

Just remember: all things in moderation.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Yeah, you're spot on.

I've just skimmed the report, citations and follow up studies. It seems there's the old issue of causation and correlation. Ginger extracts (phytochemicals) are right there in the studies that show benefits in treating prostrate cancer.

The lack of blaring bugles and ticker-tape parades seems to be because studies haven't been able to demonstrate that ginger is the determining factor.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Here's the way I see it. We use herbs and spices for more than just the flavoring. Think to the foundation of a new society after the collapse of an old one. When forming them, it's best for the philosophers and idealists to transmit values and principals which shape into morals and social norms. These have direct meaning to people's lives. They know the value first hand. Generations later this meaning can be lost, so people question following something that does not have an apparent value. They just don't know better, or perhaps have evolved towards a better way of living.

So I think the same can be said of things we add to our foods which have medicinal properties. I think there's a reason turmeric is used so widely in India, but today most may consume it more out of tradition of recipes, preference of flavoring, or pure convenience. Perhaps it's medicinal properties were better known and detailed in books long lost, or the information simply didn't transmit to other areas of the world until recently. We take the widespread free flow of information in the age of the Internet for granted. It used to take some time for the to spread out. Studies have been done on the health benefits of turmeric for some years now in the west, but it is relatively recent.

It also needs be said that in some instances modern medicine is superior to natural medicine, but I think the ideal is to integrate the old with the new as is best. I personally add a curry mix to at least one meal a day most days of the week, occasionally taking a week off.
edit on 3-11-2015 by pl3bscheese because: yes, i smell funky, desensitize to strengthen, else back off!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Yeah, you're spot on.

I've just skimmed the report, citations and follow up studies. It seems there's the old issue of causation and correlation. Ginger extracts (phytochemicals) are right there in the studies that show benefits in treating prostrate cancer.

The lack of blaring bugles and ticker-tape parades seems to be because studies haven't been able to demonstrate that ginger is the determining factor.

Yep, exactly that...... people should read the original article to see that 'ginger extract' 'seemed to have' worked on the tumours (in mice) and that eating ginger will not stop a cancer.

Ginger is amazing and yummy, I love cooking with it, and it is great as part of a healthy diet, but it is not miraculous.

edit on 3-11-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

The study was conducted in 2012 and despite the fact that it did reduce tumours in mice up to 56%, they are yet to prove it is suitable for humans too, or that it works as good as it did with mice. Ginger is not an alternative to chemo, the title is misleading and sensationalist.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

And I say you are scientifically correct and on the other hand since double blinds have not yet completed (published) we can assume the additional amounts of daily ginger did not cause adverse effects to the tumor.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

And I say you are scientifically correct and on the other hand since double blinds have not yet completed (published) we can assume the additional amounts of daily ginger did not cause adverse effects to the tumor.

I wish it was, believe me, I am all for keeping healthy with a natural lifestyle and I would love it if one day a more gentle cure for cancer is discovered.

And thank you for being so polite and nice even though I disagreed with your OP.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of holistic doctors who have died recently under odd circumstances. So, they must be a threat to someone. And Im pretty sure its big pharma.

If I was facing Chemo, I would be trying the Ginger, Turmeric, and the canna oil. And probably a bunch of other stuff, since the survival rate for cancer even with chemo is not good.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I wish it was, believe me, I am all for keeping healthy with a natural lifestyle and I would love it if one day a more gentle cure for cancer is discovered.

And thank you for being so polite and nice even though I disagreed with your OP.

No problem because I due understand your point of view and also lean towards your beliefs in this matter (in a SMALL way) because this is science (medicine) and right now it is a scientific fact that chemo treatment is known to stop the growth of tumors. Right now.....when I look at cancer research and what the pros have to say.... they for the most part agree .... chemo (when done right) plays a major part in any possibly healing or remission of cancer growth and I stand behind that but in my heart I believe treatment for all diseases and sickness can be treated .

Not to go off thread........ I also believe the marijuana plant offers numerous positive treatment therapies that treat cancer at each and every cell.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

As a contrarian point check cancer death rates in countries that use a lot of ginger - like China If it was that good, there'd be no cases of cancer there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join