It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much power do Masons have?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Do Not Become A Man... Who Is:
Criminal Offender...
Psychiatric Offender...
Negative Credit Delinquent...
Bankrupt Victim...
Dependent on government assistance...

Then you have power.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just went through a masonic trial where I will be most likely be expelled. Although they say the only penlites are reprimand, suspension, and expulsion I am concerned that other things may happen to me. I'm not worried about having my tongue torn from its roots and my body buried in the rough sands of the sea where the tide ebbs and flows twice in 24 hours, or the other penlites described in Duncan's masonic ritual and monitor (which except for the phrasing of some of the lines is identical to what I experienced. but I can only speak to the first three degrees presented in that book) but the possible ramifications to my professional life since members of the lodge I was in do have either direct or indirect sway with several local businesses. I would hope that my former Brothers would not hold that against me but experience has shown me some people do hold grudges. That being said being a Mason was one of the greatest experiences I have gone through and I really wish I hadn't screwed it up.
edit on 22/4/13 by jholt5638 because: clarification

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jholt5638

What is it that you are accused of doing? If you don't mind me asking.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

If you could U2U me I'll explain what happened would prefer not to post details in a open forum

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wiggy

Have you ever heard of "poisoning the well"?
Or COINTELPRO?

They have indeed power, and they are using it on a daily basis all over the world. To state otherwise is either deliberately misleading or at the worst outright lying.

In Denmark, most if not all prominent figures, in business and politics are tied to different lodges. Some are not directly free-masonic in their name, but have the same esoteric teachings and symbolism.

While business and politics are probably not discussed in the lodge, it surely is elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Well apparently I can't send U2U so I guess I'll post it here. While I was treasurer of my lodge's building board a sum of money came up missing which I was asked to pay back which I did no criminal charges were filed but I was brought up on masonic charges. My trial was last Thursday, two deputies from Grand Lodge spoke to me alone for about 10-15mins where I plead guilty, then asked me to leave. Haven't heard anything since, but I was told I will be kept in the loop. The whole thing seemed kind of odd because everything I had read that the trial would happen in a tyled lodge but my occurred in a very informal meeting. But I guess the hardest thing was that the brother who brought the charges against me was the same one who raised me

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Real Masons are VERY powerful and only wipe their bum with luxury toilet paper....not the cheap stuff!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Triple-ply and made of gold!!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CINTELA

Phenominal Cosmic Power! Itty Bitty Living Space~

No more than your average Joe bro~

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by LUXUS

Triple-ply and made of gold!!

no quilted with 1/4 moisturizing cream for extra comfort !
edit on 25-4-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Real Masons are VERY powerful and only wipe their bum with luxury toilet paper....

This 'Powerful Mason' wipes his bum the same way as everyone else.

With the help of a personal assistant.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I've always held the belief that the Masonic brotherhood is like an adult Fraternity, basically. The power doesn't come from the inherent organization itself, it comes from the connections and loyalty that the brother's (and/or sisters?) have with each other both inside, and, more importantly, outside the frat. This power wanes and waxes depending upon where the lodge is located, I bet. For example, I bet the Masonic Lodge in New York City or Chicago contains "powerful" and "influential" people that could get you "places" much like being at the "right" golf club in your neighbourhood would. However, a Masonic Temple in say...Nowhereville, Kansas, probably won't get you that much "power". It is just a club for the rich, powerful, connected, or talented, if they choose to join it. The power comes with the people involved, not the organization itself.

It is nothing to be feared, but at the same time, something to be noticed and respected, I guess. That about sum it up, AugustusMasonicus?
edit on 25-4-2013 by ForwardDrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForwardDrift
It is nothing to be feared, but at the same time, something to be noticed and respected, I guess. That about sum it up, AugustusMasonicus?

To a degree. The more populace the area a lodge is located the more likely you are to attract various levels of the socio-economic strata. However, if the Mayor of Nowhere, Kansas joins his local lodge he may be the most 'powerful' person there.

The big caveat is in lodge all Masons are equals and the Master is the only one with any real authority.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by LUXUS
Real Masons are VERY powerful and only wipe their bum with luxury toilet paper....

This 'Powerful Mason' wipes his bum the same way as everyone else.

With the help of a personal assistant.

Though I do have one questions based on this comment you made. Would I be wrong to assume that that means most Masons are usually of some means (in other words, they tend to be more wealthy (financially) then non-Masons?). If so, why is that the case?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForwardDrift
Though I do have one questions based on this comment you made.

My comment was a joke so construing anything other than that would be heading in the wrong direction.

Would I be wrong to assume that that means most Masons are usually of some means (in other words, they tend to be more wealthy (financially) then non-Masons?). If so, why is that the case?

I am in the largest lodge in New Jersey and I can say that the majority of the membership is middle class.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

The largest? Wow, now I understand why you put bottom shelf stuff in the nice bottles. I guess, after a few, it's all the same anyway.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Keep derailing the thread!
You are doing exactly as expected.
Ridicule any criticism, then turn the thread into a circle-jerk of back padding masons!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

Are you seriously upset at a few jokes in an 8 year old thread?

I think someone needs a hug.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ForwardDrift

We are an adult fraternity.

The Governor of Idaho is a member of my Lodge, but we are no better than the other Lodges in the Boise area or Idaho in general.

It is just a club for the rich, powerful, connected, or talented, if they choose to join it.

Yeah, I made a whole whopping $11k last year since I've gone back to college. Do I have connections? Sure, I know Masons all over the world, but one should never join for the purpose of power via networking.

There is nothing to fear, but people need some to blame. TPTB doesn't mean "the powers that be", it's more accurately "the people to blame". TPTB = scapegoat.

reply to post by Schrödinger

Take a chill pill dude.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If explicitly addressed, proceed with ad hominem slurs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join