It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much power do Masons have?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Masons do not control the world, or anyone in it! Freemasons donate money, $9 million per day!

Why does everyone think that Masons control the world?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you want to see how things work around here check my first post (what I know).

If you say freemason you get about 10 of them tearing you a new one

all i did is tell somethings i noticed personnaly with some of my family and they decended as birds of prey to tear my arzz apart

after that told me i was stupid for bringing it up of course its complettly normal for them to lurk around a board like (secret societies)?

I came here with a few doubts about them, now I have even more, if they think your already on to um your in for it

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearchucker
If you want to see how things work around here check my first post (what I know).

all i did is tell somethings i noticed personnaly with some of my family and they decended as birds of prey to tear my arzz apart

after that told me i was stupid for bringing it up of course its complettly normal for them to lurk around a board like (secret societies)?

I came here with a few doubts about them, now I have even more, if they think your already on to um your in for it

Sounds to me like I'm not doing my job.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well I'm a Mason and haven't been introduced to anything more exciting than charity work, bbq's, sausage making and a few adult beverages. I haven't been offered choice virgins, goats, or any beverages made from blood.....damn.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You said your Uncle, and brother in laws father were both Atheist, and Freemasons. This is a lie on someones part. An agnostic would not be admitted into Freemasonry, much less a professed Atheist.

There are other parts to your post that are just mis-interpreted or mis-understood. Anyone with a reason to look at Freemasonry in a dark light could see things and interpret them as evil. Last time I was in church ( last Sunday) we took part in symbolicly eating our saviors flesh and drinking his blood. How barbaric is this?

Grow up. Do not go into a sleeping bear's den and urinate on all that he knows and keeps dear, or you will treated as you were.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
See what I mean,( the birds of prey) in my mind there was not any conspiracy just some strange things i did not understand.

Now im a liar,and treading on sacred ground
i tell you this much if i had any doubts ya sure cleared all that up for me.

Im sorry if I dont own the complete encyclopedia of weirdos but the things that went on were strange to me.

I came here to talk about it and maybe understand it, and I do now.

this must take up alot of your time to stay on here and defend the faith

I thinks I will go to a athiest board and insult them tear um down a peg or two and then they will understand.

this is complettly insane, the proof is in the pudding, i come here with what i can assure you to be a accurate account of my experiance

and instead of pointing me in the right direction ya tear me apart except for one guy,gal you jump in my poop.

this would make a good movie man insults masons on internet, masons find were he lives ,local lodge with boarded up windows hunts him down for asking to many questions uncle who sleeps with lodge book helps put finger on him and wave hemlock at his funeral

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Believe what you want. Its your twisted reality. You are not convincing anyone, so why try? I am not a Freemason, but I will defend them from utter rubbish and name calling , as they do great things. When was was the last time you helped out in your community?

Boy Scouts have secrets too. Webelos has a secret meaning to it, and they do not allow girls. Most have their meetings in basements of churches where there are not any windows to board up! They MUST be doing something sinister.

Tell me all the BAD things you know of masons doing, not the speculation ( they have boarded up windows so they must be sacrificing children, Etc, Etc). Things like they kicked an old woman, or killed a police officer, or the local judge hunted down a conspiracy theorist.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by wiggy]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Now im a liar,and treading on sacred ground
i tell you this much if i had any doubts ya sure cleared all that up for me.

Ithis is complettly insane, the proof is in the pudding, i come here with what i can assure you to be a accurate account of my experiance

Well dude this is what you posted in your thread entitled "What I Know".

"My uncle was raised in a very religous home and kept the faith for a long time. But a few years ago pronounced at a family gathering there is no god and he was a athiest.Ok there are alot of atheist and im not here to knock them but my brother inlaws father was too.And comeing from this family and this part of the country is pretty odd.Now at the funeral the masons all had hemlock branches and were chanting something, not your traditional funeral huh."

Now, the total and utter fact of the matter is that you can't be a Freemason and be an atheist. There's no two ways about it. So for your uncle to have this conviction and to loudly proclaim it and then for him to remain in Freemasonry is extremely unlikely. In fact it's not a scenario that I have ever heard of and I know of no other Freemason who knows of an atheist remaining within masonry.
The hemlock branches comment is also extremely dodgy.

So quite simply, you were put straight. There wasn't one single thing in the thread that could be construed as flaming or jumping down your throat. You, on the other hand, ended with the comment - "I came here thinking most not all of you people are creepy and after this I am convinced."

As you have stated, you had already made up your mind and somehow you have read insult into the replies that you were given and this has confirmed your suspicions. So basically, you are the one who is at fault here. You can't whine at others for answering your claims with the truth and you can't whine at others for putting you straight when you display ignorance. That is not flaming you or putting you down. It is quite simply correcting somebody who is wrong.
And I'm sorry Intrepid, but this guy is ignorant. If you read through his previous thread and then read his reply here, you will realise this to be so. Basing his opinion on falsities and then reading insults into replies where none exist is not denying ignorance.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I just cant imagine the boy scouts hanging out on the ACLU web site deffending scouting thats all.

And im sorry if your not personnaly involved with the lodge in my area, it seemed creepy to me thats all.

And yea after this im pretty convinced that anyone who comes here and says the word freemason and maybe does not understand is going to be attacked.And after that you will understand

I told what I know and honestly I may add and twenty masons take up the torch and attack, I just read another dudes story about a lodge in australia for gods sake and guess what.

The neiborhood masons came crawling out and ripped him apart, if you dont want folks to think your creepy dont act that way.

If its not some kind of religon why on earth do you folks get so darn worked up. Im a christian but do not think I am going to get worked up over every atheist that post something about Jesus being the bastard son of a roman soldiar.Pretty common on the religous boards here

The lodge in my area have the windows boarded up, the one in australia has a brick wall built up around it and three locks on the door.But na theres nothing going on, no secrets. Oh yea why do you guys feel its your job to straighten every one out that gets on here.

If you guys would have tryed in a nice way to argue your point, heck I may have changed my mind. But every time I get on here the firemen masons have about a five minute responce time I go read something else and Ive got aleast four masons tearing my arzz.

I think they need to change the name of this board to IN DEFFENCE OF FREE MASONS.
\
If i got on here and said elvis is still alive and liveing in a trailer park in new mexico. Heck no one would have a problem they would probably laugh but mention some strange things are going on around your local lodge on the SECRET SOCIETIES!board and here come the friendly masons to call you a liar tell you your treading on sacred soil and attack.

Yea I did think your creepy I did think your hidding something and now I know it thanks for all the great evidence

[edit on 8-1-2005 by spearchucker]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I just cant imagine the boy scouts hanging out on the ACLU web site deffending scouting thats all.

And im sorry if your not personnaly involved with the lodge in my area, it seemed creepy to me thats all.

And yea after this im pretty convinced that anyone who comes here and says the word freemason and maybe does not understand is going to be attacked.And after that you will understand

I told what I know and honestly I may add and twenty masons take up the tourch and attack, I just read another dudes story about a lodge in australia for gods sake and guess what.

The neiborhood masons came crawling out and ripped him apart, if you dont want folks to think your creepy dont act that way.

If its not some kind of religon why on earth do you folks get so darn worked up. Im a christian but do not think I am going to get worked up over every atheist that post something about Jesus being the bastard son of a roman soldiar.Pretty common on the religous boards here

The lodge in my area have the windows boarded up, the one in australia has a brick wall built up around it and three locks on the door.But na theres nothing going on, no secrets. Oh yea why do you guys feel its your job to straighten every one out that gets on here.

If you guys would have tryed in a nice way to argue your point, heck I may have changed my mind. But every time I get on here the firemen masons have about a five minute responce time I go read something else and Ive got aleast four masons tearing my arzz.

I think they need to change the name of this board to IN DEFFENCE OF FREE MASONS.
\
If i got on here and said elvis is still alive and liveing in a trailer park in new mexico. Heck no one would have a problem they would probably laugh but mention some strange things are going on around your local lodge on the SECRET SOCIETIES!board and here come the friendly masons to call you a liar tell you your treading on sacred soil and attack.

Yea I did think your creepy I did think your hiding something and now I know it thanks for all the great evidence

Do you have curtains in your house? locks? what are YOU hiding? Does your church have stained glass windows? do they lock the doors when no one is there?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I told what I know and honestly I may add and twenty masons take up the torch and attack

*sigh*

Firstly, you weren't attacked. You were corrected.
Secondly, there weren't "twenty" masons attacking you. There were only 10 or 12 people who posted in that thread and not all of them were Freemasons.

So why get all indignant about these supposed accusations of being called a liar? It's quite plain for all to see from the above that you don't exactly tell the truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
See what i mean thats quick and yea i do but if someone ask me about my brickwalls and boards and secret hand shake hemlock waveing cryptic symbol secret ritual only by invitation secret club i would not get postal.

and would answer any question they had without devulging the secrets that really have no meaning there just a fun way of brooding suspition.and i would be very open about my little club book i sleep with and would not get mad if someone did not understand it

I was wrong it makes perfect sence now sorry

quickest responce time yet thanks mason fireman

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
spearchucker,
as I said in my post in your What I know thread...

I'm a Mason and what you're describing is creepy. My lodge doesn't have boards on windows, and aside from our handshakes and passwords, I'll tell you whatever you want to know. Yes some Masons take the secrecy thing TOO far and wont say a thing one way or another, well that's them. If you are willing to listen with an open mind, aside from myself there are many Masons and people who at least pro-Mason who can give you plenty of info.

please, lets talk. U2U if nothing I else.

I freely admit, I wont reveal any rituals, handshakes or passwords, but you can easily find those online I'm sure. EVERYTHING ELSE is an open book as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

If you guys would have tryed in a nice way to argue your point, heck I may have changed my mind.

Yea I did think your creepy I did think your hidding something and now I know it thanks for all the great evidence

You've been more hostile and insulting in your posts than anyone has been towards you, combined. This isn't the way to argue your case. Why don't you practice what you preach and stop being so hostile in your posts? You only make people defensive.

If its not some kind of religon why on earth do you folks get so darn worked up.

Would you get worked up if someone spread false information about your family members or your friends?

[edit on 8-1-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
He doesn't even need to U2U you. All he's got to do is stop the wild accusations and ask serious questions and there are plenty here who will give him truthful answers.

Spearchucker. If you truly want to know about Freemasonry, then you have to ask your questions in the same way that you would ask of anyone else. Aggression, innuendo and the statement of falsity as fact, will get you nowhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

See what i mean thats quick and yea i do but if someone ask me about my brickwalls and boards and secret hand shake hemlock waveing cryptic symbol secret ritual only by invitation secret club i would not get postal.

and would answer any question they had without devulging the secrets that really have no meaning there just a fun way of brooding suspition.and i would be very open about my little club book i sleep with and would not get mad if someone did not understand it

I was wrong it makes perfect sence now sorry

quickest responce time yet thanks mason fireman

Have you asked?

This is the chant you probably heard ( or your brother in law's father, or whoever it was you got your information from).

Solemn strikes the funeral chime!
Notes of our departing time,
As we journey here below,
On a pilgrimage of woe.

Brothers, now indulge a tear,
For mortality is here!
See how wide her trophies wave,
O'er the slumbers of the grave.

Here another guest we bring,
Seraphs of celestial wing,
To our funeral altar come,
Waft a friend and brother home.

Lord of all, below, above,
Fill our hearts with Truth and Love.
As dissolves our earthly tie,
Take us to Thy Lodge on High.

Your brother in law's father's funeral was limited to a very select few? this is up to your brother in law's family, not the local Freemasons.

The "hemlock" branches you saw( or your brother in law's father, or whoever it was you got your information from) were probably Acacia branches, and this is probably what they said when they after they presented the branches.

This Evergreen, which once marked the temporary resting place of one illustrious in Masonic history, is an emblem of our enduring faith in the Immortality of the Soul. By it we are reminded that we have an imperishable part within us, which shall survive all earthly existence, and which will never, never die. Through the loving goodness of our Supreme Grand Master, we may confidently hope that, like this Evergreen, our souls will hereafter flourish in eternal spring.

We shall ever cherish in our hearts the memory of our departed Brother and, commending his spirit to Almighty God, we trustingly leave him in the hands of that Beneficent Being who has done all things well; who is glorious in His Holiness, wondrous in His Power, and boundless in His Goodness; and it should always be our endeavor so to live that we too may be found worthy to inherit the kingdom prepared for us from the foundation of the world.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by wiggy]

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CINTELA

Can someone please help further explain the power a free mason has over a person. a family member has been "threatened" by a member stating the masons had her bank account information and if she did not sign a letter stating a situation never happened (when it really did) they could not protect her from taking any further action with any of her personal information. can someone please shed some light on this???

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fierceangel521
reply to post by CINTELA

Can someone please help further explain the power a free mason has over a person. a family member has been "threatened" by a member stating the masons had her bank account information and if she did not sign a letter stating a situation never happened (when it really did) they could not protect her from taking any further action with any of her personal information. can someone please shed some light on this???

I'm a former Mason. I used to be very active in it, and now I try to educate people on the subject.

The Masons usually don't operate in the manner you've described. It could be that this person isn't really a Mason, or if he is, he is almost certainly acting alone, and is using the Masons as a scare tactic.

I would recommend that your family member call the police and the bank, and report this guy.
edit on 12-4-2013 by thelonious2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fierceangel521
reply to post by CINTELA

A Freemason doesn't have any more power over a person than anyone does. Freemasonry doesn't confer any special power over a person. As for your family member being threatened by a"mason', I'd be sure that:
a) The family member is being threatened by anybody else
b) The person doing the threatening is actually a Mason and not using Masonry as a deflection

If the answer to "A" and "B" are yes, alert the police and alert the Grand Lodge of your state/province. Masons who're true to the ethics of the fraternity wouldn't do such a thing.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
POWER...

The Three Great Lights:
1) Father (Master)...
2) Son (Apprentice)...
3) Holy Spirit (National Banner)...

The Rite:
1) Water/Baptism- Stand up for the people/person...
2) Sulfur/Communion- Endure for the people/person...
3) Salt/Confirmation- Made by the people/person...

Note: water, sulfur, salt can be found in "Chamber Of Reflection!"
Rite of passage...

Roman Catholicism and Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite...

Homage and Fealty to Lord and Land...

The alter amidst the three lights is the point of

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join