It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson says Halloween is the day when ‘millions of children…celebrate Satan’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Say Jesus came back and saw all the kids dressed up for Halloween. And even some kids dressed up as Devils. Jesus would say judge not these little kids lest ye be judged. Jesus would even say forgive the devil. The last thing he'd be saying would be to not let kids have fun. He'd say focus on more important problems like poverty and hunger.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: game over man

I think we are talking about two different types of costumes actually. The typical female costume is fairly revealing. But I don't see too many women wearing what you're talking about that often.

But even then. I still don't see a reason to judge people when it's still the one day of the year when you get to dress however you want. Offensive, classy, in character, like a farmer humping a sheep, a pregnant nun, etc. The sky is the limit and it's all in fun.
And instead of worrying about other people's costumes, I try to pick out a costume I like for myself, in the past I was Jesus for Halloween, this year I was Abraham Lincoln.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Umm you'd have to ask them what the results are. It is naive not to recognize this stuff goes on. Ther are blood drinking rituals and animal sacrifice and whatnot is just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It also wouldn't hurt you to recognize that stuff like Eyes Wide Shut really do hapoen and Bohemian Grove is the elite political version of it.
edit on 2-11-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist
Say Jesus came back and saw all the kids dressed up for Halloween. And even some kids dressed up as Devils. Jesus would say judge not these little kids lest ye be judged. Jesus would even say forgive the devil. The last thing he'd be saying would be to not let kids have fun. He'd say focus on more important problems like poverty and hunger.
He also said the poor yw shall have with you always so he recognized there isn't always the perfect solution to hunger. He also said woe to you lawyers and cast devils out of people and the legion went into pigs and ran off the cliff so look at what he said not what you think he wound say.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
All Hallows Eve is what you make of it.

As are all holidays. It means what you think it means.

I can't remember, as a child, ever even remotely considering Satan while out trick or treating... Nope, not once. Stopping friends to discuss where the best loot, I mean candy, was to be got? Oh, yeah... Did that.

Satan? Really?

Mr. Robertson needs to crawl back into his hole, and shut his other one. MHO, of course. Yours may differ.

This is as correct, obvious, and simple as it gets. Nobody is unwittingly worshiping Satan by dressing up on Halloween and going trick-or-treating. If Pat Robertson thinks children are worshiping Satan by dressing up and trick-or-treating, despite no intention of doing so for the glory of the Prince of Darkness, aka The Causer of Hurricanes, Earthquakes and Terrorist Attacks, aka The Bringer of Influenza, aka Beelzebub, etc., then I'm shocked he is even still alive, because his lack of brain function should have stopped his breathing long ago.

Using his level of logic, PATRobertson is obviously Satan Incarnate or one of his top minions. It's barely disguised in his first name (the AT being common to PAT and SATAN. No wonder he is always accusing everyone else of worshipping Satan. I'd say "Go to Hell", Pat, but he would love it there (if it was real.)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: mOjOm

Umm you'd have to ask them what the results are. It is naive not to recognize this stuff goes on. Ther are blood drinking rituals and animal sacrifice and whatnot is just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It also wouldn't hurt you to recognize that stuff like Eyes Wide Shut really do hapoen and Bohemian Grove is the elite political version of it.

ThirdEye, I'm aware that you believe what you're saying here intensely, but for many if not most of us, there is zero evidence of on-going, wide-spread Satanic ritual abuse, or any of the other items in your list. I linked several points of fact earlier that state conclusively that there was zero evidence for the so-called "Satanic Panic" of the 80s and 90s.

I appreciate your input into the discussion. May I ask though if you're going to make these specific claims about Satanic ritual abuse, etc., give citations as to the evidence that backs you up, so that we may actually discuss the matter reasonably. Also, I would ask you to be aware, that this only touches tangentially on the subject of the thread, which is focused on Pat Robertson's "crazy antics" as compared with his evident political and economic power, suggesting (to me at least) that the "Oooga-Booga" man we see on The 700 Club is merely theatre.

Thanks again for your input! Glad to have you in the thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HorusChrist

I appreciate your input HorusChrist! You've made some decent points about what you think Jesus might say to Mr. Robertson's antics.

This thread is focused on the conspiracy aspect of what Robertson said. What interests me is his typical "Skull and Bones" style connections, his considerable success in changing the American political landscape, not to mention the media empire he has successfully built.

I just don't think ol' Pat is as nutty as he can seem to be. I think there's more at work. What do you think?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"What say you ATS? Recently I brought up these facts in a thread and was roundly shouted down by some that felt I was "attacking Christians."

There are levels of belief in all quarters, not just religion/faith.
Christianity has deep rooted people. Even some avenues of science, where tolerance for anyone who disagrees is held in utter contempt, this truth emerges into the light. It covers the entire spectrum of humanity.

Anyway...

Halloween, IMHESHO, was once (in my childhood of the '50s and '60s) just a night for kids to run the streets in innocent costumes to gather candies from neighbors. Today, however, it is grabbed-up even by those who call themselves adults... and instead of just candy, comes booze and drugs and... and...

Well, it ain't what it used to was and so... older folks look on and wonder, just what the heck happened? Are human beings remaining juvenile into later years or are they just taking advantage for their own physical pleasures? For some devout Christians... I won't even walk into Islam on this, it is seen as being evil.

Again, in my ever so humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Satanic, shmatanic. In my neck of the woods, local authorities mandated that Halloween begin late morning and end early afternoon. Dunno about the rest of you, but I always thought the ambiguity of night lent a certain magic to what would outerwise be a pretty transparent masquerade party. Go hard or go home.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I make just enough to pay for my living.... then, thereafter... a few bucks for the rainy and stormy days. I struggle to do what's right. So... In earnest.... I buy a pirate costume... dress it down... and scour the neighborhood for over priced items dealers.... and this I do on Halloween.... a trick or a treat.... have it your way. I get something back.
But... pat loves the riches of Hallows eve. Aka Tax Return day.

And all saints day... Aka tax exemption day....

edit on 2-11-2015 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Thanks for your "humble opinion" redoubt. Ultimately, I suppose, we could philosophically reduce all reality to what humans can perceive (which we know is not very reliable.) However, to reduce most if not all scientific understanding to mere "belief" doesn't seem right to me. Science (or perhaps hard science, the kind that depends on measurements and data taken directly from the real world) has to be reproducible anywhere at any time, i.e. you can measure gravity, and it's consistent (so long as you're using the same methods of measurement, subject again to small human error.)

I also have memories of a much simpler Halloween ... (I'm 49). I guess we all look back nostalgically.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Satanic, shmatanic. In my neck of the woods, local authorities mandated that Halloween begin late morning and end early afternoon. Dunno about the rest of you, but I always thought the ambiguity of night lent a certain magic to what would outerwise be a pretty transparent masquerade party. Go hard or go home.

I don't disagree, at least around dusk ... needs to be some possibility of "mystery" at some level for the "magic" to work.

PSA: Magic is used here as a special sense of wonder, not actual woo-woo magick.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
I make just enough to pay for my living.... then, thereafter... a few bucks for the rainy and stormy days. I struggle to do what's right. So... In earnest.... I buy a pirate costume... dress it down... and scour the neighborhood for over priced items dealers.... and this I do on Halloween.... a trick or a treat.... have it your way. I get something back.
But... pat loves the riches of Hallows eve. Aka Tax Return day.

And all saints day... Aka tax exemption day....

They say that true happiness is based on contentment; I hope you were contented with your Halloween festivities.

Thanks for your thoughts! I hope the new year brings better fortunes for you!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I was Electric Jesus one year. Basically Jesus in a multicolored MuMu type gown with battery powered christmas lights in it.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying some cult ritual stuff might be happening. Although in the upper society I thinks it more weird sexual stuff and pedophilia and not much human sacrifice. But I'm sure that happens too in some groups. I just don't believe in all the magic part or conjuring demons and stuff. I realize that it does happen though.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I was Electric Jesus one year. Basically Jesus in a multicolored MuMu type gown with battery powered christmas lights in it.

How very Biblical! He is called "The Light of the World" ... way to update the concept!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Although in the upper society I thinks it more weird sexual stuff and pedophilia and not much human sacrifice. But I'm sure that happens too in some groups. I just don't believe in all the magic part or conjuring demons and stuff. I realize that it does happen though.

Who knows what the ultra-rich do to relieve their boredom? LOL.

I can't see it happening on Main Street USA though, which is at least ostensibly what Robertson and other's claim.

(Besides, if I'm right about Pat ... he might be participating in those crazy upper echelon rituals too ... and if that image is not enough to make your blood run cold ... *shiver*)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If Satan is corn syrup, caramel, chocolate, potato chips and other junk foods, then yes...I guess kids are celebrating Satan one day a year.

That said, I think Halloween is just another one of those days that used to mean something but now are just about mindless consumption and waste.

The Halloween stores that pop up overnight to just sell this crap is literally more of a Satanic symbol than anything else related to the day.

I love and appreciate seeing the creativity people put into making their own costumes. But I tend not to see that stuff very much anymore.
edit on ndppmMon, 02 Nov 2015 13:50:49 -0600k1511America/Chicago0250 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

When millions of children celebrate Satan?

Well...it's only fair.

The rest of the years holidays are pretty much taken up with Jesus and Buddha, Jehovah and whatnot..even Santa gets a go at Xmas..poor old Satan, can't he have just one single day to himself?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
..poor old Satan, can't he have just one single day to himself?

He has April 15th.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join