It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson says Halloween is the day when ‘millions of children…celebrate Satan’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I heard recently from a "Christian" on ATS that if there is a war on Christmas there should be a war on Halloween...

And they had a few stars too.

It was in the Fox war on Christmas thread.
So obviously some people here agreed.

That debate/argument was about in public schools.

Separation of Church and State.

The thread was.
The post wasn't.

Not the way this poster addressed Halloween.

He/She generalised the entire holdiday as something to be shunned.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Shamrock6

How misogynistic of you to decide for a woman what degrades her and what doesn't.

It would be more misogynistic of me to believe treating women like sex objects is ok.

But dressing like a slut isn't about that, right?

Eh, I've done the slutty French Maid. Turned it in to a bedroom sexy funtime outfit afterward, still gets considerable use all these years later. The point of it for Halloween? Be something I'm not. I'm generally somewhat conservative in my attire, normal tank tops & shorts are about as much skin as I'll ever show. Wee, show some extra boobie skin & leg for a few hours! It's not like I'd be doing it on a daily basis in public after all. THAT frequency of wear is when I start looking at feminists & gripers like thou complaining, saying "The hell? It's on display 24/7 but no one can look?"

3.2.1... Deleted.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I heard recently from a "Christian" on ATS that if there is a war on Christmas there should be a war on Halloween...

And they had a few stars too.

It was in the Fox war on Christmas thread.
So obviously some people here agreed.

Exactly. This is what sent my thoughts in the direction of this thread. Thanks Charlie!

Yes I've noticed reading through that people are treating this as a bash Christians thread or even more so an ignore the buffoon thread, in which case I'd say to them don't bother commenting.

This is about Robertson & his ilk...

All 4% of the U.S population (minimum) that believe his tripe...

Why clutter the thread with oh well it doesn't matter...

It #ing well does.
He is an influential person, and his beliefs (yes he can have them) brainwash others (that's where it becomes a problem)!!!
edit on 1-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

The Cross is evil to me and many like myself...

It represents death and a blood sacrifice of a great person.

There is nothing good about the cross in our eyes.
It is as evil as the "macabre" you tend to highlight!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Black Majick is no more powerful on this night, at 3:00am (the witch's hour), as it is on any other night!

That's if people find it powerful at all.

Some may think it's Mumbo Jumbo!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why? So you can argue with me? To the point, in a nut shell? .. Neither, "Christmas", "Holloween", "St. Patrick's Day" or a number of other holidays, ("holy days") are "Christian". But were incorporated by Roman Catholics to subjugate people into the "Holy Roman Empire" not "Christanity". So why does it matter what a Christian says about them pegan holidays? Is it to slander Christians? Research history for yourself.

Catholics were the first Christians.

The holier than thou Protestants makes me laugh though. Please continue.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Who cares what he said. It's his opinion and we still have free speech in the USA.

If you don't agree, that's fine. In fact, I don't agree with his views; however, I'm not all in a tizzy about them, either.

Idk, I guess this isn't "news" to me. A lot of religions and cultures don't celebrate or participate in anything related to Halloween.

It is their choice. Live and let live, and that goes double for Mr. Robertson.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ComeAgain

"Livestock" that was forbidden to Believers... lulz.

Your cryptic ramblings fool none.
"Undead kids"... Please.

Btw it's not Hallowed Evening, but Summers End (Samhain)...

It marks the end of a season, not talking to the dead in heaven as a favour to "get in" with God.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
It's the day when they celebrate getting to play dress-up and get lots of free candy.

It's innocent. I don't care what the holiday "means"--kids aren't thinking about that kind of stuff. So let them have fun and be innocent. Religious wackos give religion a bad name.

Religion is what makes it difficult for me to be a "Church Going Christian."

I believe in and love Jesus, try to live right and do good things for others, and the community. But I couldn't tell you the last time I went to "church."

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Rights To Ought Fallacy.

So what if they have free speech.
When they're brainwashing the less educated it becomes a problem. For everyone.

No it doesn't go "double" for Robertson because he isn't responsible...

When we discuss the 2nd amendment we discuss responsible Gun Owners...

When we discuss the 1st we should also be discussing responsible free speech advocates...

Not wankers like highlighted in the OP.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Who cares what he said. It's his opinion and we still have free speech in the USA.

If you don't agree, that's fine. In fact, I don't agree with his views; however, I'm not all in a tizzy about them, either.

Idk, I guess this isn't "news" to me. A lot of religions and cultures don't celebrate or participate in anything related to Halloween.

It is their choice. Live and let live, and that goes double for Mr. Robertson.

Well, I care about what he said ... mostly because of who he is, and that he keeps saying these things over and over. Slightly interesting to me in the Satanic Halloween message this year is his emphasis on children worshiping Satan. Those are fighting words in certain circles.

Pat Robertson graduated magna cum laude from Washington and Lee University and from Yale School of Law. He is nobody's fool, and he has built a very profitable international media and business empire.

He has moved and moves in the circles of Washington power particularly in right-wing/Republican power structures for decades.

... and yet, he has appeared in 2008 in a jovial video alongside the Rev. Al Sharpton sponsored by Al Gore promoting climate change awareness. Source

I cannot think of a single better example of the idea that much of the bitter emnity between the official right and left wings in this country is pure BS than that. Can you?

If this doesn't give you chills ... nothing will.

edit on 0Sun, 01 Nov 2015 00:38:22 -050015p1220151166 by Gryphon66 because: inserted link to video

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
I never said he was a crazy old man. Though he likely is and I only seen clips of him in his bible thumbing ways.

As I've shown here, his influence is integral to the development of the modern political Right in the US, and the organizations he has created are turning out the new "brightest and best" in the formally placed conservative movement in this country and having a deep effect on legislation across the country.. His Regent University graduates occupied strong positions in the Bush Administration, and as I pointed out above, Jeb Bush is courting his favor.

If only it mattered. Plenty of unsane and insane people have been labeled as the brightest and the best and just as many have listened to them yes even millions. From the second long and maybe what would add up to about 10 minutes of videos I have ever seen of him in my life. Well I would say he would fit the bill and is saying what millions of people would want to hear.

I am quite sure that in the coming millennia there will be many millions of people dead because of the new batch of hopefuls running for the reigns of power. And that to is not new, in fact I would say its all your fate...The ideocracy did not just start this century ya know.

... but what interests me here is not the simple fact that Robertson says the same crazy thing about Halloween year after year, or even that he says bat-crap crazy stuff on regular occasions ... the man is not crazy. He is playing a role.

Yes a role that he whole heartily believes in because well it must pay the bills right. And offcourse millions are listening..Because? Basically I am quite sure he believes it all, but only as long as he does not have to test that fate to far, to far being outside the Cadillac door most likely.

Besides wont be the first time we went to war because God told somebody or somebody had a dream that god showed them the way or what not...G-W Bush rings to mind as running in that circle and look at that, it worked wonder for him did it not, isnt he still getting payed hundreds of thousands of dollars for making speeches to rich people at all those fancy dinners and going on about that whole corny joke about the haves and the have mores.

The full speech was even more funny from what I remember, if your looking for comedy there are other show besides this Par Robertson religion show is kind of sub par in all aspects.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Apparently, there are those that think that Pat Robertson himself is a Satanist ... or at least in league with "the Occult."

"I've watched the man for years--I've seen no signs of Satanism lurking around the fringes. He's just kind of a sappy Charismatic TV preacher with a few weird eccentricities and a little too much money."

I would respond first of all by saying that now you have seen indication of occultism with this individual. He's displaying this occult gesture, the Lion's Paw (also known as the Sign of the Fellow Craft).[on a TIME magazine cover from 1986 - G]

And secondly, at this early point I'll just say that I am completely aware of this problem of apparent conflicting evidences and indicators coming from some of these occult-symbol flashing 'Christian' leaders ...

Interesting, while I put no stock in any of this person's theses, necessarily, it seems that the "dual-nature" of Mr. Robertson that I'm detecting in my research is fairly well-known.

EDIT: Ooops. Forgot the link: Wolves in Sheep's Clothing
edit on 1Sun, 01 Nov 2015 01:18:29 -060015p0120151166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
No more then the other side of the coin. Islam has there share of nutters as well and just as many listening to them as the gospel. The oldest religion of mankind is symbology, have been fighting over the meaning of some things for ever when all the books of god have been written by men, and some by women.

Seeing its Halloween I looked for some scary shows. There were none on the tube or even internet which I could consider scary. This thread and the few seconds of the Pat Roberts guy is much more scary however and much more prevalent in real life.

The chances of zombies attack on Halloween are pretty slim..The chances of Satan or Shaitan or Iblis or whatever coming to your house or any of ours to decieve us with candy and costumes in some messed up trip to deceive us away from god know what there talking about, because there not the paragons of sainthood by a long shot, they are merely to one dimensional and self centered to see or know otherwise or outside the own stories they themselves created and constantly re invent every few generations.

But I do believe the chances that Satan is using Halloween for some sort of ritual or whatever, are about as slim as winning the big jack pot lottery 10 times in a row consistently, basically those are some astrological factors right there. As its all just pretend in peoples heads which they made up and now attribute it to everything, when the fact stands that are thousands if not millions of other factors which could and are more attributable to it all.

But the chances of wacky, stupid and unsane people taking the reigns of power and killing millions in some scam for some justified reasons, is much more higher in fact its almost a guarantee given this ecosystem which cranks them out consistently. And when have we not seen that happen? Its kind of like on a few generations cycle it seems.

So ya! This is a much more scarier thing to behold on Halloween then any ghost or satan or devil or demon or whatever.

Almost even as good as watching the Evil Dead movies again, and almost just as comedic. Like the evil dead movies, when you first watch them as a kid, when you grow up you realize the movie is not a horror story, its a self styled parody of itself. Basically its a comedy.

Which is what this whole thing is...Its a joke and quite a comedy. Some just happen to take that joke deathly serious. Symbology that oldest of human religions and believes.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
People who does not believe in Jesus Christ, will bash anyone who says they do period! This man Pat helps millions of people daily! He has warehouses throughout the U.S. That GIVES AWAY- food, clothing, and other items needed for yourself.

He's doing his best to help people in need of spiritual help, mental help, physical help, emotional help he helps! What do you do?! You bash anyone who tries to help!
Everyone knows, that their is satanic cults just like there's religious churches.

Everyone should know on the day of Halloween these satanic cults do blood scarfices even! If your this clueless I feel sorry for you!

Halloween is the day before all saints day! This topic is old! Research all saints day and maybe you'll get a clue how the day before rude people would knock on Christians door and prank them!

That turned into candy and dress up time for kids. Eventually fading out all saints day!

If you people don't believe in Chirst why is He your favorite topic? No other religious figure gets as much attention!

Christians don't go around cutting heads off! You want to talk about the wrong God being served check that out! Oh wait! You can't because deep down your scared!

You know there's a real true one God and you don't want to take time to realize it! Instead you want to bash every true Christsian there is!

Keep bashing yourself all the way to the lake of fire!
edit on 1-11-2015 by Shar because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shar

Who could refuse an offer like that?

Thanks for your post.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Shar

Where, exactly, does Pat Robertson have warehouses where you get free stuff?

I could use some.

(Sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

well i happen to know i ran one with my uncle in coal mountain west virginia. back in 1985! it was big and they gave alot. and Pat is the one behind them and gives all they have. go to his website and check it out for yourself!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
My granddaughter is a sweet little girl who likes sweets and dressing up. She wouldn't have a clue about satan except for baddies depictions in the cartoons she occasionally watches. She loves Goosebumps and we often watch it together.

Is anyone else getting sick to death about the interference into our lives by these unelected religious pontificators - they are becoming a serious pest and rarely I suspect lead anyone towards the sacred or the grace of a human being.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join