It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: 61 percent of British Muslims want Sharia courts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

The idea of sharia courts in Britain is likely to cause considerable controversy, but religious courts already operate in this country to serve other faith communities such as the Jewish rabbinical courts.

While I see where you're coming from parrhesia, I agaree with the poster who wondered about the Islamic people assimilating into the culture of their adopted countries.

Is this an attempt to handle certain religious matters? You mention rabbinical courts. I believe there is also come sort of Catholic "court" system in each archdiocese. These are purely for religious issues.
Or is it the beginning of something else, like gradually overwhelming the culture of the area.

In metro Detroit, there are two communites that have large Islamic populations. And ALL the residents of those communities are now awakened to the call to prayer daily.
I'm not against free practice of religion, but I hope the Islamics are only practicing their beliefs and not trying to convert the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Byrd says:

"Pot. Kettle. Black."

Byrd, I am shocked by your insensitive -- nay, neo-racist -- remarks!

Bringing race into a discussion by implying that black is evil by quoting that old KKK theme "...the pot calling the kettle black" is simply one more example of your neo-colonialist bigotry.

Much better to say "...the pot calling the belly fat", because....

Wait a minute. That's in insult to gravitationally-challenged individuals, isn't it?

Never mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
This thread was an arab/muslim bashing thread all along... Its cleary apparent HeirToBokassa is a racist and a hatred spreader...

You call him a racist and then go on to say this:

As for what i said about blacks (and got a warning for it...) i stand buy it, in the UK a insanly high amount of crime is commited by blakcs considering there numbers... Im not saying blacks are bad or evil tho, i agree it is mostly our countries fault, we bought a lot of them here to work (as slaves) or fight (in ww2) for us, but we didnt do anything to help them after that, I also believe the goverment wants to keep black people oppressed so they have a goof source of cheap labour, and can keep running a stupid amount of army recruitment drives targetting poor black neighborhoods

Don't you see a problem with calling other people racist here?

You keep saying that the so called "blacks" commit all the crime in the UK without actually showing any figures for this whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
HeirToBokassa

I would like to believe you didn�t really hold true to your outrages opinions, but infact was just some guy who liked to get people to react. But if you are true to those opinions i would say IMHO, anyone who believes that a poll, done on 500 people, represents the community as a whole, and has any truth to it must be ignorant, and as to your other issues i would refer you back to 2 very good replies WyrdeOne? and Opus.

There will be no separate law in the UK for Muslims. Full Stop. They [MP's and the like] may contemplate it now and again to appease certain people, but it will never happen. Even if 101% of British Muslims wanted it. Why? Because it just is'nt cricket.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You talk of sharing culture... probably most the people in the UK have a culture whats based on living with lots of different races/colours/whatever... Are you saying all the blacks/asians/immagrents should start wearing English suits drink tea and play golf on the weekend? How does anyone not sharing your culture harm you... And then you go on to say Islam has fueled the most voilence in the world... Id say actually it was christianity. Hitler was a strong christian, he and his country killed thousands of innocent jews... Bush who claims to speak to god in his dreams is a christian, in a 100 years he will probably be looked in the same light as hitler....

Like i said before, there are extremists in any religion, If all the Islam race/ummah/nation whatever you want to call it wanted to force there religion/law on the UK or many other western countries they could do it just by the sheer number of them here.. (same as christians)

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
hmm if they allowed sharia courts in the uk it wouldnt be worth the hassle
the amount of trouble that would cause.
from what ive seen the racial tension in the uk is at boiling point but its never really kicked off big time, if there was to be a terrorist attack on this country by al queda the country would be up in arms and all muslims would be labelled as terrorists and singled out for retailiation.

if muslims want to live in the uk fair enough aslong as its legal and they respect the british culture and dont try and enforce islam on the uk, because thats the way it seems, i remember reading there was going to be mosques than churches in the uk in a few years time considering the uk is a christinian country that doesnt seem right to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
As I understand it, the Syariah Courts will have jurisdictino ONLY in respect of Muslims and Muslim family matters. It will not modify or amend civil law or criminal law. So, really, there is no cause for alarm that the country will be cloned.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join