It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: 61 percent of British Muslims want Sharia courts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The special poll based on a survey of 500 British Muslims found that a clear majority want Islamic law introduced into this country in civil cases relating to their own community. Some 61 per cent wanted Islamic courts - operating on sharia principles � "so long as the penalties did not contravene British law". A major part of civil cases in this country deal with family disputes such as divorce, custody and inheritance.

War torpedoes Labour�s Muslim backing

Consider the response to this question:
Despite the right to free speech, In Britain people who insult or criticise Islam should face criminal prosecution Agree 58%
Disagree 36%
Don't know 5%

Hey, why stop there? Why not just execute the infidels?

And the UK tax office is considering recognizing polygamy!!!

Any bets on how soon Britain legalizes sex with 9-year olds? I mean, if it was good enough for Muhammad...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You really make me laugh you know "HeirToBokassa" with all this anti-muslim bs you spread all day long.
If you ask me it isnt the muslims which create the problems in the UK (or the asians for that matter) its the blacks who go round mugging old ladies and peddling drugs to kids.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
prolly being a bit closed minded here but why come to a country to then disagree with a countries culture and try to change it?

Is there a law that prevents having an affair whilst in a marital relationship? no but this I am sure is contrary to Christian belief...

This will not happen, lets face it.. how many Bobbies are really going to follow up a charge of mallicious comments made about a belief system? they have enough problems catching other riminals generally these days.. they way i see it, if you caqn't stand the heat.. get out the kitchen. However, this comment is possible not fair in relation to the British born Muslims and can only really apply to immigrants. Wonder how far I would get preaching my beliefs in Mecca... hmm

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
If you ask me it isnt the muslims which create the problems in the UK (or the asians for that matter) its the blacks who go round mugging old ladies and peddling drugs to kids.

You're ignorant. "Blacks" are a race; Islam is a religion. They are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
to be fair HTB has a point

'black' is a race. but Islam crosses a variety of races including black.

i have a dilema on my hands. i respect other's beliefs as much as possible, but i feel intergration should work both ways.

if you went to live in someone else's house, would you suddenly start telling them how to live?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeirToBokassa

You're ignorant. "Blacks" are a race; Islam is a religion. They are not mutually exclusive.

Im ignorant? I didnt remember saying Islam was a race? i said blacks commit most the crime in the UK, regardless of there race or religion.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Im ignorant? I didnt remember saying Islam was a race? i said blacks commit most the crime in the UK, regardless of there race or religion.

Do blacks, as a group, attempt to change British law to legalize polygamy? Do blacks want their own laws, as Musilms want Sharia? Do blacks worship a rock in Mecca and revere a pedophile?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
For your iinformation muslims do not prey to a rock, they each prey in the direction of a temple in mecca.

Also about the Pedophile bs youve been spreading. I searched for a while last night after reading the same posts in a few of your other threads (running out of ways to insult islam?) just FYI the prophet arranged to marry the girl at 9, this has been confused and then changed to sex at 9.. just more lies.

why does a muslim down the road having 2 wives harm you? i see a lot of hatred in your posts, i guess you must really long to have something muslims do, maybe courage or faith? i dont know, but i hope you find it before your rage effects your wellbeing.

oh and yes many millions of blacks do "worsihp" that "rock" you like to call mecca

[edit on 3-1-2005 by P Amaru]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is why Islam eventually finds itself at war with any other culture it encounters. Islam doesn't appear to be interested in intergration with anyone. It will not adapt unless forced to.

First it will be Sharia courts for Muslims "within the community". Then it will be Sharia courts for anything involving a Muslim. Then it will happen that Sharia Law will superceed secular law in "special cases" (special because unrest will be threatened if Islam is not accomodated). Then it will be the Call for Prayer over loudspeakers 5 times per day. Then, because their birthrate is three times what yours is, your children will wake up one day to a country where they are now the minority, and to speak against Islam is to risk your freedom, your faith and ultimately your life.

Think that is an extreme analysis? I've said it many times. Europe has 20 years. Don't think it can happen? Look the feck around. You are watching it happen, but so many will not see it or admit it if they do.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
HeirToBokassa has a very good point, this issue was dealing with the fact that Laws are not being altered to suit the people in general, but purely to Aid Muslioms.. no mention was made by these people to introduce Anti semetism laws.. purely pro Muslim which in itself is very closeminded.. Not all black Men and Women pedal drugs to kids you know, white folks do too dude, you prolly just pay more attention to racial stereotypes which is very common. Saying that there are people out there that commit crimes is fair and true, but to say it is a stricly Black Cultural occurance is just plain ignorant.. No offence boss!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

just FYI the prophet arranged to marry the girl at 9, this has been confused and then changed to sex at 9.. just more lies.

The marriage was at age 6, and he had sex with her when she was 9. Don't believe me? Consult these Islamic sources

www.bismikaallahuma.org...
www.whyislam.org...
www.islamonline.net...

(or the Quran itself)

I'll be waiting for you to retract your statement.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by HeirToBokassa]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

why does a muslim down the road having 2 wives harm you?

Hmmmm. Are Muslim women allowed to have 2 husbands?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I could post 100 websites claiming things which are totally untrue, means nothing.

About the law thing- The govt is considing making a change which will not benifet any muslims at all, how is letting a Dead person give out there belongins to there family without it being taxed pro muslim?

And about blacks, i have a few black friends who are great people, but its a fact... look at crime rates in the UK and USA, look how many are commited by black people then see how small there minority is... Every white person in the USA would have to go out and mug someone to even it up...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Lets try this without the namecalling and racisim OK?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I could post 100 websites claiming things which are totally untrue, means nothing.

Oh no, you're not squeezing out of this one just yet. Why does the Quran say that Muhamad had sex with a 9-year old child? Why do Islamic websites confirm this? Can you find me one website, authored by Muslims or non-Muslims, that disputes that Muhamad had sex with a 9-year old child?

Do you deny that Muhamad had a wife named Aisha? If not, do you deny that he had sex with her when she was 9?

Waiting for your answer...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
While I can see where you're coming from, Heir, you conveniently didn't highlight these tidbits of info:

The poll suggests that the Muslim community is perhaps more integrated than many might imagine, with 62 per cent say they number "a lot or quite a few" non-Muslim people among their closest friends and 35 per cent saying they would consider marrying someone who was not a Muslim.
There is also a strong appetite within the Muslim community to become a closer part of British life with 40 per cent saying they need to do more to integrate into mainstream British culture.

As well as this:

The idea of sharia courts in Britain is likely to cause considerable controversy, but religious courts already operate in this country to serve other faith communities such as the Jewish rabbinical courts.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

And about blacks, i have a few black friends who are great people, but its a fact... look at crime rates in the UK and USA, look how many are commited by black people then see how small there minority is.

Well I agree with you there, and I would say that black culture is hugely responsible. Black mainstream culture in the U.S., the U.K., and elsewhere glorifies ignorance, violence, disrespect for society, authority and women, irresponsibility, etc. And blacks should acknowledge this. Some like Bill Cosby are making an attempt, though facing massive opposition from blacks who feel entitled to be as antisocial as they want.

But the problem with Islamic culture is just as real. The comment you made about blacks and muggers applies to Muslims and terrorists just as well. And yes, I have Muslim friends.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
just because some websites claim they are Islamic doesnt mean they truelly are... The Hadiths which mention the 9year old girl are thought to of been edited later on.

And for the rcord im not the one here who is racist, it is a true fact that most crime is commited by black people, then take into consideration how low the population of black people are in the USA and UK and it amazes you.

And to your question, can a muslim wife have 2 husbands? of course she can if he changes religion to one which allows it... People rarely follow religion and obey its laws because they are forced to. Its normally a choice thing,

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

And for the rcord im not the one here who is racist, it is a true fact that most crime is commited by black people, then take into consideration how low the population of black people are in the USA and UK and it amazes you.

If it's a 'true fact' perhaps you could provide the evidence supporting your claim?
You saying it's true doesn't make it so.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Heir, you conveniently avoid the argument that MOST girls in that time period (of ANY culture) were married between the ages of 9 and 13. Children went from childhood straight into marriage; when they first reached puberty, they went through the puberty rites and were then considered eligible for marriage.

For what it's worth, the Bible also talks about God giving virgins (this would have been little girls before the age of puberty) to his soldiers to be concubines and wives.

And there are lots of records in Europe of men being wed to baby girls in the nobility.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join