It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon causes cancer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Paddy Long's The Bomb

The Bomb is five pounds of ground sausage, pork and beef mixed with spices and wrapped in a weave of brown sugar bacon, and then slow cooked on our pig roaster.

The Challenge

If you’re up for this challenge, all we can say is good luck. You’ve got 45 minutes to eat the full The Bomb, which includes a huge side of fries. That’s just 45 minutes to eat all five pounds of ground beef and pork, the cracked pepper bacon center and brown sugar bacon weave.

Is a world with no bacon a world that any of us want to live in? I think not...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Brought to you by the same people that say camp fires are just as dangerous as second hand smoke...

It seems like the scare tactic today is just compare it to cigarette smoke.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

i dunno...you smoke pork to make it bacon.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It's a shame that this thread has basically just turned into a massive meme surrounding bacon, instead of the underlying issues and discussing them.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
All cooked meat causes cancer. Such old news but when a "reputable" source such as the World Health Organization comes out and gives the partial truth people want to listen or in this case not give a pigs ass. youtu.be... go Vegan or let acids eat your cells while your kidneys and adrenals fail. Feeding the parasites in you when you give in to the craving of bacon and other meats. Invasion of the body snatcher sh*t. Get informed, get your health right and spread the proper information so we can all thrive again. Go make some damn eggplant bacon if it's that serious.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Funny timing, this came up on the news today..

Sus annah Mushatt Jones: World's oldest person says that she eats bacon every day

113 years old and eats bacon everyday!

Not that I needed this as an excuse, but I might up my intake now.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NautPsycho
All cooked meat causes cancer. Such old news but when a "reputable" source such as the World Health Organization comes out and gives the partial truth people want to listen or in this case not give a pigs ass. youtu.be... go Vegan or let acids eat your cells while your kidneys and adrenals fail. Feeding the parasites in you when you give in to the craving of bacon and other meats. Invasion of the body snatcher sh*t. Get informed, get your health right and spread the proper information so we can all thrive again. Go make some damn eggplant bacon if it's that serious.

According to reports there is limited evidence on human trials that red meat causes or increases the chance of cancer however there is evidence to support it on animal based trials. It is now classed as a 'probable' carcinogen. We all know that 'probable' doesn't mean much, if anything at all.

As for processed meat, this is absolutely classed as a carcinogen alongside tobacco, arsenic and asbestos. Health professionals are urging people to refrain from eating processed meat altogether.

White meat and seafood are safe.

Your statement "all cooked meat causes cancer" is incorrect.

It must be noted that there are stories floating around at present from people who have survived into very old age eating processed meat almost daily. Remember there are some smokers that will live to see 100 years of age so I wouldn't read too much into them. The fact remains that processed meat can and statistically will increase your chance of a premature death.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Bacon might cause cancer ?

Pfft.

I smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish.

So trust me when I say:

If I could somehow figure out how to roll bacon into ciggie papers to inhale the meaty vapours into my lungs...

And then ferment the remaining slices into a delectable nectar of the gawds to pour down my gullet...

I'd be doing that too.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Wonder how they test that?

Its prob the smoke..

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It's the nitrates they put in it. Get nitrate free bacon. Nitrates are a color fixative, to give it that nice, fake red color. Real red meat is almost brown. The bright red meat that you get in the supermarket gets that way by being shipped in a bag full of carbon monoxide.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

I've been mostly vegan since Michael Dukakis put on a big-boys helmet and rode around in a tank. The news about red meat (bacon, hamburgers, etc.) being a cause of cancer comes as no surprise, the surprise would have been if it wasn't (due to the studies done on people who used meat rarely or as a seasoning, then gradually adopted the Western diet of corpse eating, and sickness followed). The data is quite overwhelming now, grows every year, and this WHO report just adds to it. Meat is murder, true, but it is also, for many people, a slow suicide.

My advice: go vegan. My hope: that at least one person in every community is convinced by the WHO report to give it a go. With the higher intelligence level here at ATS, hopefully many will take things like this new report into consideration when choosing their own dietary lifestyle, and not the foods their parents or television advertising chose for them when they were children.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Droooooooooooooooools

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
It's a shame that this thread has basically just turned into a massive meme surrounding bacon, instead of the underlying issues and discussing them.

I think the phrase

"Nobody gives a #" applys

LONG LIVE BACON!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NautPsycho

Stick a pork sausage in it vegan.

No one cares.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Which is what? That the United Nations made a vague, unnecessary announcement and the title of the thread is a bit misleading?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI
a reply to: MrCrow

Processed meat is what it said- that includes bacon, ham, turkey, chicken, sausage, and many others. You start talking about not eating red meat. Bacon is not "red meat". You're getting your facts and your misunderstood and misinformed MSM talking points confused.

OK, so yes, it said "processed" of which bacon can be one.

I just quoted from the article that said

Cancer Research UK said this was a reason to cut down rather than give up red and processed meats.

Now, whether the next rasher of bacon I eat will kill me, I don't know, but I don't see Cancer Research UK as MSM. Don't shoot the messenger!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

And then ferment the remaining slices into a delectable nectar of the gawds to pour down my gullet...

I always have homemade bacon-flavored vodka around so I can whip up a Bacontini when the mood strikes me.

I of course garnish this with a bacon-wrapped and -stuffed olive.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Which is what? That the United Nations made a vague, unnecessary announcement and the title of the thread is a bit misleading?

Vague, unnecessary announcement? The IARC have categorized processed meat as a Group 1 Carcinogen. That is neither vague or unnecessary.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

We always knew Bacon was bad for your healthcare.

Just giving it a number wont make me give a dam.

right now I am settling down for a lunch consisting of a bacon sandwich and a pint of beer......both Cat 1 Carcinogens and you know what? I dont care!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: angryhulk

We always knew Bacon was bad for your healthcare.

Just giving it a number wont make me give a dam.

right now I am settling down for a lunch consisting of a bacon sandwich and a pint of beer......both Cat 1 Carcinogens and you know what? I dont care!

A nice bacon, lettuce and tomato on some nice oatmeal bread, Bibb lettuce and a nice old fashioned non-hybrid mater is heaven.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join