It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon causes cancer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

i did indeed miss that out and should have included it. thanks for the pointer.

sorry for your dad's troubles.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: angryhulk
Well they should. They are both carcinogenic to humans. That is the classification in a nutshell.

On the weekend I typically whip up bacon and eggs, not radioactive isotopes and eggs.

Tiny bit of difference as far as I am concerned.

All I can suggest is that you put forward your complaint/recommendation to the IARC with regards group classifications. Your argument does not distract from the premis of the thread in that processed meat causes cancer.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

All I can suggest is that you put forward your complaint/recommendation to the IARC with regards group classifications. Your argument does not distract from the premis of the thread in that processed meat causes cancer.

'Potentially' causes cancer.

I may write the IARC, but probably not. Either way I need to go make myself a PLT but I am all out of plutonium.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

'Potentially' causes cancer.

I may write the IARC, but probably not. Either way I need to go make myself a PLT but I am all out of plutonium.

OK, I'll rephrase what I said above and reiterate the premise of the thread. Processed meat is a carcinogen. End.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Processed meat is a carcinogen. End.

I understand. And it could 'potentially' cause cancer. Just like noshing on some radioactive isotopes of Pu-239 sandwiched between a couple of chunks of asbestos.

Yum-O.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Along with Sun light, Smoking and numerous other things. They really should release a cure but that's not exactly synonymous with our big pharmaceutical company's palliative prescription medications or other treatment methods that generate billions in profit.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Its impossible for there to be one single cure for cancer.

Every cancer is diffrent. In diffrent classes like breast and lung cancer can be diffrent from person which is why its such a bastard to treat.

One treatment will never be a one size fits all. Chemotherapy will always be trial and error. All science can do is make the sides effects less severe and get treatment plans in place that are as effective as possible.

In regards to things like hodgkins lymphoma and testicular cancer we are almost there.

Pancreatic and lungs cancers we still have a long way to go.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes, it's a shame there's no sovereign remedy when is comes to cancer. Especially when cancer is termed as (quoting Wiki)

"also known as a malignant tumor or malignant neoplasm, is a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body".

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Bacon cures cancer.
)) joy of eating it has to be good 4 something!

Nitrates cause it. (Hot dogs,processed meats)

Red meat intake should be based upon a persons work, exercise and sports habits. IMO

Personally I eat chicken n fish mostly maybe hotdogs once ever 60 days. I have com stock / comm tenderloin AKA filet mignon once a month and beef maybe 1 a week.

a reply to: MrCrow

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
When I read the report I couldn't help but think of something I heard once, how people in medieval times didn't have that much cancer cases. The average joe back then didn't eat a lot of meat as it was very expensive. Might be a coincidence, or just not true. And somehow I think Fukushima might be a bigger risk in getting cancer.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
When I read the report I couldn't help but think of something I heard once, how people in medieval times didn't have that much cancer cases

It helps that they died at 30 on average, too. Apples, parakeets.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's not bacon that causes cancer. It's all the unnatural things they do to the animal before and the product after to maximize profits that does.

All the more reason to get back to local and natural foods.

Or, seeing as this is ATS, maybe it's a cog in the evil Chinese plot to take over the U.S: Who’s behind the Chinese takeover of world’s biggest pork producer?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join