It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon causes cancer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Well for all those bacon lovers out there, this is going to be devastating news. There's always turkey bacon!!

As far as red meat goes, the price has skyrocketed in the past 5 years, so I'm sure most people have cut down on their consumption of red meat and have turned to chicken.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Total, and unmitigated arse.

Eating three pounds of back bacon and not moving from the couch for the rest of the day would give a damned trash compactor cancer of the colon. It's not nearly as important what goes into a body, as how much of what goes in gets used up somehow.

Good grief! It's as if they want livestock farming to end or something...oh, wait.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

That would mean that the average British person is eating less than 2 slices of bacon a day. This is a tragedy! Is there a relief fund we can donate to (donate money, not bacon, keep your hands off my damn bacon).

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

edit on 26-10-2015 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

That would mean that the average British person is eating less than 2 slices of bacon a day. This is a tragedy! Is there a relief fund we can donate to (donate money, not bacon, keep your hands off my damn bacon).

All donations will be gratefully received, please pm for payment methods.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have zero intention of not eating bacon because the United Nations thinks it may cause cancer

Whenever I hear a mandate from the UN I suspect its being hoarded for the wealthy, or Agenda 21.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
How is anyone really surprised by this?
things that are fried and charred increase free oxygen radicals and other cancer causing goodies

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
No big surprise there, it's 2015... what doesn't give you cancer now a day??? Smoking, Beer, and Bacon might kill me one day, but taking that away is a sure fire way to get somebody else killed a mess faster LOL

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Damn looks like alot of people are getting cancer from eating meat!
Luckly I dont, never have and never will eat meat. . . .

hahaha...being vegan is why you spend so much time in the Philosophy and metaphysics forum - dangerous thinking

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Good grief! It's as if they want livestock farming to end or something...oh, wait.

Beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Bacon is overrated.

Sure it is crunchy, tasty and great with fried eggs, beans and tomato on toast...

I take it back. Bacon is nice. But it doesn't beat a T-bone.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

things that are fried and charred increase free oxygen radicals and other cancer causing goodies

meh..."free radicals" is so 80's!

www.researchgate.net...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Thread flagged as inappropriate. Mods, please delete. Kidding, of course, though I do personally believe ATS should stand strong as a propoganda mouthpiece for bacon, even if its shown to cause instant death in 20% of those who eat bacon.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You're right this is ATS.
this must be a Zionist Islam collaboration through the kosher and halal lobbyists being manipulated by the Rothschilds and the Saudi royalty

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Bacon is nice. But it doesn't beat a T-bone.

What about a filet wrapped in Bacon?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ah yes, such a wash of typical American 'denial' and 'I don't care' responses here. It always amazes me that there are some select topics that people just want to be blind to and adhere to establishment on. Which is most surprising coming from ATS. Denying ignorance… anyone? The meat industry in the USA is as establishment and disastrous as all get-out. I already saw representatives on the news trying to do damage control and call these studies "false". No big surprise there. Let me guess… we'll probably see a study that comes out of nowhere showing that soybeans cause men to grow massive breasts in the next week.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Bacon is nice. But it doesn't beat a T-bone.

What about a filet wrapped in Bacon?

I asked for a filet not a defibrillator.

But that does look tasty...
edit on 26-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Ah yes, such a wash of typical American 'denial' and 'I don't care' responses here. It always amazes me that there are some select topics that people just want to be blind to and adhere to establishment on. Which is most surprising coming from ATS. Denying ignorance… anyone? The meat industry in the USA is as establishment and disastrous as all get-out. I already saw representatives on the news trying to do damage control and call these studies "false". No big surprise there. Let me guess… we'll probably see a study that comes out of nowhere showing that soybeans cause men to grow massive breasts in the next week.

Instead we should trust the non-agenda driven United Nations, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Ah yes, such a wash of typical American 'denial' and 'I don't care' responses here.

You do realize that a significant amount of the people commenting are from the UK right?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I doubt it's the bacon - It's the nitrates. We already know about those. Nitrates bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join