It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged War Criminal gives partial apology for Iraq and ISIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Tony Blair was as guarded as ever and gave limited apologies for the mistakes made in the Iraq invasion in an interview given to CNN to be screened tomorrow , some people including myself think this interview is the start of his defense against the long awaited and much delayed Chilcot inquiry into the rights and wrongs of the invasion which is expected to be publish by next summer .... Maybe.

In this clip Blair apologises for the fact that the intelligence we received was wrong and goes on to invent his own truth about ISIS , claiming they were a Syrian based organisation rather than them starting in Iraq and moving on to Syria.

"Of course, you can't say that those of us who removed Saddam in 2003 bear no responsibility for the situation in 2015," he said. "But it's important also to realize, one, that the Arab Spring which began in 2011 would also have had its impact on Iraq today, and two, ISIS actually came to prominence from a base in Syria and not in Iraq."

It's also debatable that the Arab Spring would have happened at all without the spark of western intervention in Iraq ,Tony !
You were warned.

"We have tried intervention and putting down troops in Iraq; we've tried intervention without putting in troops in Libya; and we've tried no intervention at all but demanding regime change in Syria," he said. "It's not clear to me that, even if our policy did not work, subsequent policies have worked better."
edition.cnn.com...

Oh the arrogance ! , who the hell are we to demand another country change its leadership because we don't like them.

He was an alright guy back in 2001 though , when you needed him.
The video below shows Assad receiving the red carpet treatment as he arrives in London to meet with Blair and Queen Elizabeth II during his official visit in 2001.

Hypocritical , lying , warmongering scum the lot of them.

edit on 25-10-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Your right he was alright in the beginning.. also at a time when Britain was a great place to live..

He is a war criminal along with bush and they should have to answer for those crimes.
Of course they won't though because behind the scenes they didn't really make those decisions, and the puppet masters will probably have control of any inquiry that takes place.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Hypocritical , lying , warmongering scum the lot of them.

That'll do nicely!
As for Iraq, let's not even debate religio-politique, Arab spring bull, one early arrival in Iraq military man said it like it was,

"We are here for the oil, feck all else"

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Remember Cool Brittania and the summer of 1997?

I thought Blair was the answer and with Labour in power the U.K would be somewhere to be proud of again.

Then the wars came and everything changed.

Blair will never be brought to trial to face the charges he has been accused of, even if he is arrested, the U.S would ensure they rescue him.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Wish Dr. David Kelly was still here to tell us how big the lies were.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Remember Cool Brittania and the summer of 1997?

Certainly do , I remember the feelings of hope that St Tony was going to right the wrongs of all those years of Tory rule , I stayed up on election night to see the wave of Tory defeats and remember the feeling the next morning as Labour came to power .... things can only get better , turned out to be one of the biggest lies in British history.

I think what he did to this country amounts to treason , to the Tower with him , he should suffer the same fate as all the other treasonous dogs throughout our history , no need for outside courts.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Alleged?

He IS a friggin war criminal! And a traitor to the UK!

If not hung the POS should be put in general population of a cat A prison !
edit on 25-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
He can come round my place ......i'll see his sentence served

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think there should be a Royal Commission into the 5 eyes network . All participating countries could equally fund it and give it the mandate to persecute not only the ones that were calling the shots but the ones that went along with the plan . In Canada we have been shouting for regime change here for years and finally got it this year . I fear this new Govt. may also be a puppet regime and we will have to wait another 4 years because that is the way it's done .Unless if we the people want to have a coup like the colour revolutions did .

We can also hope that justice ,although grinding slow will grind to powered those who need to be locked up not only for the sake of justice but to those that would work in secret behind the scenes to perpetrate crimes on other peoples .

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaPred
a reply to: crazyewok
He can come round my place ......i'll see his sentence served

Dropping him George W Bush and Cheney into the middle of ISIS territory actually would be the best way to deal with them

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I wonder if W will be apologizing anytime soon.I will not be holding my breath.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
I wonder if W will be apologizing anytime soon.I will not be holding my breath.

Why would he apologize. His actions in Iraq have achieved exactly what he wanted. The financial windfull for the Bush family and it backers for the next century at least.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
From the early news reports back in 2011, ISIS = Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. Debating whether they are from Iraq or from Syria is just a distraction.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
great news. Every time someone makes a anti refugee thread i will post this video. Next time you want to bitch and demonstrate against refugees, do it in front of your governments office and quit blaming people who are fleeing from the chaos that We have created.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
From the early news reports back in 2011, ISIS = Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. Debating whether they are from Iraq or from Syria is just a distraction.

Not a distraction at all , Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant started in Iraq thanks to the instability caused by the Bush and Blair escapade , they then moved into Syria.

Unfortunately governments of today haven't learnt the lessons of the past.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
interesting that very soon after he was put in position they repealed the existing treason law!
and watered it down to make it harder to convict

So they could safely commit both the war crime of Iraq and Libya while at the same time
handing a large chunk of our sovereignty the the Communist Dictatorship that is the EU
another act of blatant Treason at least it would have been!

Blair and his ilk should be in a cell or on a pike over traitors gate
edit on 25/10/15 by ShayneJUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
so an full lie is considert an mistake....
you might think that all the coalition gov. leaders that time had mental disorted brains....!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
and ofcourse it had to be an (black) general.. to spread the lies about the WMD's....
Mr Powell was disposibel.......

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

THAT would be our Nazi created CIA actually.
IT WAS ALL us not England my govt tricked you.and indeed it's own people.
THEY DID find nerve agents however.
edit on 25-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Since you may have forgotten about the Nerve agent we gave them,I remind you we recovered some of it and the rest was sent to Syria which we then recovered and destroyed.
Not to mention ,I might have been dosed when the dumbass engineers blew a munitions pile containing them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join