It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders' Religion is Collectivism

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Also, at no point was there welfare in my story. At every point in the process, the hen offered jobs to the other animals, busy and not busy.

The ones who were not busy had a chance to work with the hen and her family (be employed by them) for a wage (bread at the end). If they chose not to but still demanded bread for nothing at the end of it all, then I would say lazy is more than apt for them.

If I wanted to use an old animal story to teach about welfare, I'd use "The Ants and the Grasshopper."

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ignoring welfare the whole point of your story is calling everyone lazy wannabee thieves stealing from our working betters, which is BS. The people that want their fair share are the ones doing most of the actual work.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I don't even know why op is being humored after his comment where he professed his belief that someone has to believe in a higher power for themselves to be in a position of power then turns around and claims he has such a hard on for freedom hes a border line anarchist. The whole believing in a rigid format for how one has to conduct their personal beliefs doesnt really jive with the whole anarchy thing so either The threads creator is incredibly confused or pulling a serious troll act to stir up a heated debate between the religious and non religious.

Theres no logical reason for one needing to believe in god to be a prominent leader. And this is coming from a devout Hindu mind you. Op babbled on for pages yet still provided no sensible reason for why its needed which again just shows there isn't one. And no " I just feel" isn't a good enough of a reason to argue for anything.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Religion is ¢olle¢tioni$m.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You straight up have to be dodgy and such to have a chance at getting in the white house. All politicians have to lie, Dodge, circumvent, beat around the bush..name one candidate that hasnt done so much more than bernie.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Don't have a religion? That's a religion!

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It just might be time to just admit that all religion is collectivism and all collectivism is religion. The only way to oppose it is to make sure every individual can spot it, identify it and decide for his or herself whether it's benign or not.

More often than not, collectivism starts out relatively benign and turns malignant later on as it grows. Because, of course, what every religion seeks to do at the end of the day (more than anything else) is to convert new followers. Eventually, they have to compete and they start to get paranoid and defensive. Especially when people start to refuse to convert.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join