It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Former Presidents Bush Snr and Clinton Lead U.S Tsunami Appeal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
President George Bush made an appeal to all Americans to contribute money to help the Tusami victims. Standing along side him while he made his appeal, were both former presidents George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton who will lead this fund raising campaign.

www.boston.com
WASHINGTON (AP) President Bush on Monday tapped two former presidents his father, President George H.W. Bush, and his predecessor, President Clinton to lead a nationwide fund-raising campaign to help victims of the Asian tsunamis.

''I ask every American to contribute as they are able to do so,'' Bush said in the White House's Roosevelt Room, the two former presidents at his side.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is really nice to see we now have coordinated efforts from both major parties. Perhaps this may be an effort to heal the wounds between the parties? I really do not know however, it is nice to see that direct appeals will be made to the American people to raise additional funds for the victims of this tragedy.

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.cnsnews.com

[edit on 3-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
look at the bush's father on the left and clinton, they dont really look happy do they? either they are both looking at bush or they are looking at each other... just my analysis though!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Channy
look at the bush's father on the left and clinton, they dont really look happy do they? either they are both looking at bush or they are looking at each other... just my analysis though!

I did not add that picture I think John bull did and thank him for doing that.

Yes it does look that way doesn't it? Meither of them smiled at all during the news cast and both showed there age. I assume they did not have time for make up, who kows.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It�s a good choice. Bush can call on his Carlyle buddies and oil interests and Clinton has connections on the other side of the isle. This way all the bases are covered. However, relief efforts must be coordinated and I do not trust the U.N. on this one. Oil for food ring a bell?

[edit on 1/3/05 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
im not an american so i havent a clue, but what colour is the republican party and democrat party? which is red and which is blue? just wondering... because bush is wearing a red tie and clinton a blue tie. is clinton a democrat? if the colours do seperate which party they are from what does bush's dad's tie symbolise being grey or white?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Red White and Blue are the 3 colors of the US flag Channy. Perhaps it has something to do with that? What symbolism that ultimately stands for I rather not to speculate about.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'd put down their sombre expressions to the reason they're appearing infront of the press - The World's largest natural disaster isnt particularly something to smile about

Although they (3 POTUS's) are all tainted in their own ways its heartening to see that they can rally for this cause. Even though how superficial it appears.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Channy

At least 100,000 dead, half a million left homeless and billions of dollars worth damage isn't exactly a smiling matter.

If either one had smiled during this conference, it would be real nightmare for them. The press would mow them down.

Surf

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Clinton is no dummy- he's after Annan's job and Bush is the only one (I believe) who can appoint him, Good luck Bill.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
how nice that you guys have a couple of ex-[residents leading the US part of the tsunami appeal. In Australia, we're being co-ordinated by our very capable Foreign Affairs Minister ( Alexander Downer ), The Prime Minister Hon. John Howard, & our major charities which include OxFam, Red Cross, Unicef, Salvation Army. Great to see so many people pooling together to get the job done, both famous & anonymous.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

It appears to me that one of the puppetmasters is attempting to throw his voice.

I wonder what kinds of new long-term political and economic changes will be made as a result of this combined effort?

MK

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
good move, Clinton has still some decent popularity in the rest of the world and also it lifts the whole humanitarian tsunami relief above the partiedifferences, something that americans can be proud of and will be appreciated all around.

Also a good oppertunity for Bush not only show the world his warmonging face, but also the more human side, something good may come out of this horrible nature disaster...

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I got my own conspiracy theory, I think that even when it looks nice and dandy, and is so patriotic to see our present president and past president together.

I have this knot in my stomach that tells me something is not what it seems.

First of all, I will have to agree with Dg, Clinton has been drag into this and his has allowed to be, perhaps because he will like to be considered for Kofi position, and occurs good for him.

But so far we have Bush brother involve with Collin, and now the father is going to be active too.

For some reason having the Bush family together from former president to present and brother look to stuffy to me even when is for "such a noble cause"

I kind of getting stuck with the Bush "dynasty" thing.

How about Carter he is a humanitarian too.

And this is just my conspiracy theory in the works here.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Marg, i have a knot in my stomach too...the whole family is very "active" lately, as if they will soon be part of a new "form of government" as yet unseen

Clinton is probably going along for the ride and pursuing his ambitions..

But that "family" thing is scary

new topics

top topics

join