It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Isn't America Stepping Up and Taking Its Share Of Syrian Refugees?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: Shiloh7we i am all for helping those that need but the majority of these refugees seem to be young fit men who should be liberating there country not trying to go somewhere else and demand handouts yes obama helped make this mess but so did putin and awhole bunch of other world leaders

jesus, how about the other Muslim countries.....that's where they need to go, Iran is a big country lots of room, go there and leave westerners alone

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
America is not taking more "refugees" for good reason. While this administration continues to support and allow illegals and enemies to cross our border to kill legal Americans, it apparently realized that the American people wouldn't stand for letting more enemies of America in.

You can argue, call names or anything you want...but this is just another part of the plan of Islam to spread, populate and infect (or invade) other countries in their ultimate goal of transforming or removing non-Muslims from existence.

And this is a simple fact...Obama's inaction to lock down our borders as REQUIRED by the law, and DEMANDED by the majority has DIRECTLY CAUSED the death, injury of and crimes against legal American citizens. Obama allows Americans to die because he and his party want more votes. That is an undeniable fact. Why isn't this man and his minions in jail or hanging from a tree?

all the presidents did it....but you pick out Obama??...look, I don't want Muslims coming to America unless they adapt to our culture and laws, period. if they don't, they don't need to come.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

The US is taking in something like 130,000 over 2 years. Could we take in more? Sure we could, we have the native population that we can support a large number of refugees. I would like to see us take in more, this is an area the US can very easily lead in. We have the space, we have the numbers, we have the resources, and frankly we could use the extra need for jobs they would bring with them. Plus, unlike many European countries the US isn't all that homogeneous, we're already very culturally diverse so what's the big deal with adding another culture to the pot?

Taking refugee's in is more of a political battle though, the US makes the xenophobes in Europe look welcoming. A large portion of our population thinks all middle easterners, particularly those who are Muslim are terrorists who want to behead us and are coming over in disguise, just read the previous couple pages in this thread where they're all accused of being jihadi's and ISIS sleeper agents. It's a sentiment that the politicians are all too happy to reinforce and use as a reason to not bring more people over.

It's pathetic. For a nation whose symbol of immigration, and our most recognizable landmark has a plaque on it that says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" we sure don't like to practice what we preach.

originally posted by: dismanrc
300,000 young healthy males would make a good army to over throw ISIS and take back their country. Why should we give them handouts if they don't even want to help themselves.

Why should they form an army?
edit on 21-10-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

The refugee intake is obligatory, and graphs are often misinterpreted or misunderstood.

It's called saving face.

edit on 22-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Obama is the president at the moment. I'm posting this in this moment. Therefore...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
A large portion of our population thinks all middle easterners, particularly those who are Muslim are terrorists who want to behead us and are coming over in disguise, just read the previous couple pages in this thread where they're all accused of being jihadi's and ISIS sleeper agents. It's a sentiment that the politicians are all too happy to reinforce and use as a reason to not bring more people over.

It's pathetic. For a nation whose symbol of immigration, and our most recognizable landmark has a plaque on it that says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" we sure don't like to practice what we preach.

Regarding ISIS sleeper agents, that's not some crackpot theory. ISIS itself has said they have infiltrated via the migration. If just 1 out of 1000 are Muslim extremists or terrorists, when you're talking about settling 100's of thousands, that's a lot of terrorists. Regarding Islam, I have seen polls where a disturbing number of American-Muslims believe suicide bombing is justified. And they are presumably less extreme than Syrian Muslims. I think it would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Regarding the Statue of Liberty. The inscription isn't an official law or creed. I'm sure you know it was a gift from France. And that was 130+ years ago. Times change.

As someone already brought up, why aren't the Arab gulf states taking in refugees ? Those countries are far more culturally compatible.
edit on 30-10-2015 by Schaden because: clarification

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join