It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Isn't America Stepping Up and Taking Its Share Of Syrian Refugees?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Obama is the leading proponent to get rid of Assad. The West - for various reasons, mostly obscure, has obediently and probably somewhat reluctantly trotted along. Most European leaders know they don't have a mandate from their people for this action.

However the problem of picking up the cost and chaos caused over these joint actions is falling purely to the Europeans and not Obama.

The situation is so severe, that even with a labour need, the floods of people involved are slowly destablising Europe. With thousands still coming the costs are going to be astronomical and I am wondering why as its Obama's wish to cause war and get rid of an Elected Head of State, should only be born by Europe?

Syria wasn't a problem to America or Europe before Obama started his 'hate' campaign. Muslim, Jew and Christian lived alongside each other and it wasn't a failed state needing Obama's care and attention. In fact its 'Obamas interference that has caused the destruction of this country and the floods of immigrants. I rather suspect it isn't Assad whose the only one "that needs to go" I could name a few more but what do others think?

(I realise I have put this on Obama only but EU leaders are taking immigrants he doesn't appear to have stepped up to the bar for this issue).

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
So, presently we're taking 10,000 more than we usually take.

NY Times

We take in an average of 70,000 refugees a year, and will up that probably an additional 30,000 more than that.

There is a graph in the above link that will show you how many other countries are taking.

Germany, so far, is the only one beating us. I do hope that settles some of your... angst.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Why should they?

Syria was a problem for the world. It was a vile dictatorship that was ruthlessly killing off dissent. Dictatorships are by definition "failed states".

Instead of blaming everything on the US, why not look to the Middle East. Have you noticed that it's Muslims killing Muslims. The West is in the middle of an age-long internecine conflict between Muslims.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Germany, so far, is the only one beating us. I do hope that settles some of your... angst.

Wow , what a one sided reply , your graph is , well pathetic . Australia is taking in 12,000 syrian refugees next year . That is on top of what we already take .

The Government has responded to the unfolding humanitarian crisis in the Middle East by announcing that Australia will take an additional 12,000 refugees fleeing Syria and Iraq.
The 12,000 places are in addition to Australia's existing humanitarian intake for 2015-16 of 13,750

Now given America is conservatively 12 times the population of Australia population wise you should be taking in 340,000 on a per capita basis to beat us .

Make that 2 countries in front of you .

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 19-10-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
We already have a big immigration problem. Now you want to make it bigger?

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Why isn't Europe stepping up and taking their share of Mexican/Central American/South American/Chinese refugees? We have millions - how many have been taken in by a European country?

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Why isn't the Middle East?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

How many Central and South American immigrants do you take in?

About 3.5% of the population is illegal in the US. 16-17% of the total population are legal/illegal immigrants. That' plenty.
edit on 19-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Why isn't Europe stepping up and taking their share of Mexican/Central American/South American/Chinese refugees? We have millions - how many have been taken in by a European country?

In essence the refugee crisis in Syria is a direct result of the USA's foreign policy in the Middle East. You should be taking the lion's share of refugees from those countries you have destabilised and destroyed.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

In essence the refugee crisis in Syria is a direct result of the USA's foreign policy in the Middle East. You should be taking the lion's share of refugees from those countries you have destabilised and destroyed.

Except it's a result of Syrians being tired of living under a dictator.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

About 3.5% of the population is illegal in the US. 16-17% of the total population are legal/illegal immigrants. That' plenty.

Funny that , at a guess i would say 95% of Australians are legal/illegal immigrants .

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: midicon

Except it's a result of Syrians being tired of living under a dictator.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the US and the emergence of ISIS. Nothing to do with the arms and weapons supplied to the various terrorist groups in the region. Nothing to do with the USA's policy of regime change. It's all down to Assad.
Smashing.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Funny that , at a guess i would say 95% of Australians are legal/illegal immigrants .

Source please. Utter tripe.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 every leader of a middle eastern country is pretty much run by brutal dictators. Even the wests allies in the region barring Israel are run by some type of tyrannical regime.

Saudi and Qatar pretty much crush any legitimate protests, using crowd control weapons purchased from the west. No one gets to vote in either of these countries or the countries of the UAE. Saudi Arabia is run by a family that named the country after the family name. Not even North Korea went that far. Saudi promotes and funds extremist Islam not just in the Middle East but all over the world. Instead of offering to help in the refugee crisis, instead they offered to build 100 mosques in Germany. No doubt to promote their harsh brand of Islam further around the globe.

edit on 19-10-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
" Why Isn't America Stepping Up and Taking Its Share Of Syrian Refugees?"
couse they are used to never clean up the mess they made.....let others take care of it....!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Excellant post. Says everthing that needs be said. could not not said it better.

PCR said that in being swamped by refugees with social, cultural and economic costs involved Europe is paying the price of being a vassal state to the US.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Which is why people flee in droves. Nothing in Syria will change, which is why they prefer running.
edit on 19-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 I totally understand why they are running, because they have no where else to go. Either run or die a simple choice for most of us. They are trapped between a rock and a hard place. I understand it would be best to get rid of Assad, just as we thought it was best to get rid of gadaffi and saddam. Problem is what takes over in the power vacuum. Something we in the west never actually plan for that part. We are good at getting rid of dictators not so good at dealing with the aftermath. Like in Iraq and Libya sometimes you have to wonder if we would be better having left well alone when our good intentions have paved the way to hell

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I don't disagree. I was merely pointing out the US did not go into a happy place and stir up trouble. The people were unhappy, and wanted to fight or run. The US did not cause that sentiment.

Whether what the US did was right or wrong is a different thread, personally I would rather we cage them all in until they can get civilized and be done with them.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

so the 150k that sweden is taking in aint beating you?
LOL

sweden has a pop of 9 million. you do the math for christ sake.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join